We holidayed in South East Asia using Singapore as our base. On the way in we stayed at The Fullerton and on the way out The Hilton(to get a feel for different hotels). We were very underwhelmed by out experience at The Hilton. There really wasn't anything noteworthy other than the location. Room was small, bathroom was small, lobby area small but we half-expected that given that it is on Orchard Road, the prime shopping district in Singapore. However we expected the service to be much better given that it is the one factor that is within the hotel management's control. We had an early flight to catch and had asked for a car to be booked for early hours the next morning. We were even prepared to pay for a hotel car for the convenience. However, there was none! The hotel hasn't got it's own fleet of cars and we were simply told to flag down a taxi the next morning. This might not have been a problem usually, but as in our case, it was 6am on a Sunday morning. Needless to say, we had difficulties getting any taxis to stop and it caused unnecessary stress with 2 young children and our many bags in tow. The concierge ordered a taxi and when it came, we had another incident as another guest who been waiting claimed the taxi as his and it wasn't pleasant for all concerned.
In summary, unless you're planning on a shop-till-you-drop expedition, stay clear. Pay a bit more and head to The Fullerton. Lots of bars and restaurants and it's a nice stroll along Clark Quay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Orchard Road, Singapore's popular entertainment and shopping district, the Hilton Singapore hotel is close to both ION Orchard and Takashimaya shopping centers. This award-winning Singapore hotel is a convenient 20-minute drive from Singapore Changi International Airport and close to Singapore's popular attractions. Dine at il Cielo Italian Restaurant and Bar to savor authentic Italian cuisine prepared with natural and organic produce, as you enjoy panoramic views of the city skyline. Indulge in a Sunday Brunch at Checkers Brasserie or unwind with a nightcap and some late night jazz at Kaspia Bar. Revitalize with an organic juice and healthy lunch from the Glow Juice Bar and Cafe. Enjoy shopping in the two-storey luxury boutiques without having to leave the hotel in the Shopping Gallery. Stay active during your stay at this Singapore hotel. Swim laps in the rooftop pool, work out in the fully equipped fitness center or indulge in rejuvenating beauty treatments. Make business easy at the Hilton Singapore hotel. Stay connected with colleagues and catch up with work in the business center equipped with contemporary business amenities and secretarial services. Hold business meetings or conferences in our versatile meeting rooms accommodating 18-550 guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Hilton International Singapore
- Singapore Hilton International