“Great service as usual” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #51 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
Sydney
“Great service as usual”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

There is something very comforting about returning to a hotel where you have had great service. You go with high expectations and are always very pleased when you find the same standards. Well, I was very pleased to find the same service standards. My request for a late checkout was met with a minimum of fuss.

The rooms are a little dated but comfortable and surprisingly quiet.

Breakfast is an amazing spread of food from around the world.

Excellent as always.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HiltonSingapore, General Manager at Hilton Singapore, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear klkh2002,

It was a pleasure to welcome you back to Hilton Singapore!

The team have received your compliments on their service with much appreciation. It is indeed rewarding for them to realise that their level of service was consistent and that you were comfortable during your stay.

We look forward to once again delighting you with our warm hospitality when you next return to Singapore.

Alain Mahillon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Not the best hotel I've stayed in.

Good:
1. Amazing location - bang on Orchard road, 2 minutes walk to the nearest mall
2. Nice selection of dining options
3. Great service

Not so good:
1. Rooms are fairly old

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear fatmanwalking175,

Thank you for sharing your insights from your recent stay at Hilton Singapore. We are glad that you enjoyed the hotel's location, dining experiences and our hospitality.

We very much appreciate your feedback regarding the guest rooms; as we plan future enhancements for the hotel, the team will continue to maintain the high cleanliness standards of the rooms.

Thank you again for your insights and we hope to see you again soon.

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

My husband recently had a business trip to Singapore so I decided to accompany him. We stayed at this hotel as it was rated quite highly for business travellers. We were staying on the executive floor which allowed us to check in at the executive lounge. There were 2 men already sitting at the front desk so we understood we would have to wait which is fine, however when one of the men left, the other one decided to sit at the desk and use his iPad. We thought the nice lady would have asked him (politely off course) if he would mind either moving away from the front desk to allow us to check in. Unfortunately this Didn't happen and my husband had to politely ask her if she could check us in. While she proceeded to check us in, she said she didn't think our room was ready and would need to check with housekeeping, as it was by this time 1730 my husband didn't think this was acceptable so she had to call the manager. He very quickly checked us in and found us a room. Not really what you would expect from a business hotel, or any hotel in Singapore (we have been to singapore several times and will be going again to Singapore). Then the concierge, who had been very helpful when my husband needed directions and a taxi to his meetings, recommended a restaurant at the marina. The restaurant was awful (Barossa I think was the name, don't go). Prices ridiculous for the type of place it was, more like a bar than a restaurant, we ended up going next door to Harry's bar, esplanade, much more reasonable and also a lot more people, which is always a good sign. Anyway, don't think we will be staying in the Hilton next time around.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HiltonSingapore, General Manager at Hilton Singapore, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Alibaba1,

Thank you for your honest and candid review. We are very sorry to learn of your disappointing experience with us.

Here at Hilton Singapore, we endeavour to always deliver great stay experiences through our warm hospitality and exemplary service. Whilst we sincerely regret that the service you experienced fell short of your expectations, we wish to assure you that the team is using your feedback to reinforce the importance of delivering consistent personalised service that all our valued guests deserve.

We hope that you will grant us another opportunity in the future to extend the true Hilton hospitality that the team strive to deliver. Thank you for staying with us and for your constructive feedback.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Short review.

Stayed here during a 2 day stopover from Europe. Overall the hotel was fine, but a bit outdated in certain aspects. What may be required is to update the rooms, dining and lobby areas. Service levels were top rate though, and location very good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear The_Argonaught,

My team and I are delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. It is a pleasure to know that our service highlighted your stay, as did the hotel's location.

We very much appreciate your valuable insights from your stay experience. Your feedback regarding the rooms, dining and lobby areas have been taken into consideration as we plan future enhancements for the hotel.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back when you next return to Singapore.

Napier
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stopped over in singapore for 2 days , with no hotel booking , at airport i found free phone and booked this motel , fantastic phone service , once we arrived checked in straight away, 8am in morning , plus went to honors club and had free breakfast , beautiful , room was very clean and staff very helpful

Room Tip: honors club room or upgrade
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
HiltonSingapore, General Manager at Hilton Singapore, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear sullydump,

Thank you for staying at Hilton Singapore, it was a pleasure having you with us.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed a pleasant and seamless experience. My team truly appreciate your kind feedback and are very happy that you felt well-taken care of during your stay.

We hope your travels will bring you back to Singapore in the future and we look forward to being of service to you again.

Gothenburg, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

This is my third review of this hotel and I'll keep it short. It IS my home away from home when I'm in Singapore.

This time around, I checked in after arriving from the airport and immediately left for meetings. When I came back, several hours later, I still hadn't had any chance to get cash and the older cab that had brought me back didn't take cards (which btw is highly unusual in Singapore)

As I climbed out to tell the bell boy that I needed to get some cash, he handed me a wad of money to pay off the cabbie. I was stunned! An avid traveller, this isn't the first time I was in this situation and normally, hotels and cash are not something that blend easily and I've never been offered help easily before.

I'll always remember his response when I told him that I'd repay him asap: "Mr. Hirschi, this is your home away from home. Take your time! Repay me whenever it suits you…"

With staff like that, the Hilton Singapore is well set for a bright future!

Room Tip: High up from Orchard Rd and ask for a room that faces the street so that you may enjoy the hustling...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HiltonSingapore, General Manager at Hilton Singapore, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Mr Hirschi,

It is always a delight to welcome you back to your home away from home!

It is wonderful to learn that the service delivered by Magendra highlighted your recent stay with us. The team continually go beyond the call of service in order to deliver the hospitality all our valued guests deserve. And I am glad to know that the personal touch to our service continues to make a positive impact on your experience with us.

Thank you for your generous compliments and feedback; we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

South East
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Stayed here this week, and though I was not well during this visit the hotel staff in the Executive Lounge were great.

Terrific breakfasts were served up here on the 22nd floor, as were nibbles during happy hour or was that two? It does get busy up here at times and some folk seem to want to talk very loud so everyone can hear their business!

The gentleman, and I use the word in its truest sense, who worked the Lounge desk during my stay was wonderful, polite, knowledgeable and nothing was too much trouble. He should be running the whole show!

Not being a fan of the Hilton chain I have to say he, I think his name was Naseem, Jolly and Natalia actually were very impressive and have helped change my view of this property. Senior Management should take note of this.

The room was clean and very well appointed. The bathroom however was rather small and cluttered.

The concierge desk were on the ball and had exceptional customer service skills and I have to say I was impressed very much by them too, so thanks guys.

Room Tip: Go for the Executive rooms, may be extra but if there are two of you it is worth it and breakfast is...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Nemesis13,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Hilton Singapore. It was our pleasure to be of service to you and to ensure your comfort and well-being during your stay with us.

It is truly rewarding to learn that the great service and hospitality you received from the team changed your impression of the hotel. Your generous commendations have been shared with Jolly, Natalia, the Concierge team and Kashmeer, the gentleman that you refer to in the Executive Lounge.

We thank you once again for your feedback on the service and offerings of the Executive Lounge and the guest room, and look forward to welcoming you back when you next return to Singapore.

Alain Mahillon

Been to Hilton Singapore? Share your experiences!