“Functional hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 292 hotels in Singapore
Maynooth, Ireland
“Functional hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Great location, great breakfast, great pool, excellent Concierge and Porter staff.
Apart from the above we were extremely disappointed with this Hotel and would probably not stay there again. The reception staff was not very warm or informative to us. The room itself was adequate however it was equipped to facilitate a business guest which did nothing for us. We were charged for WiFi which was exraordinary and expensive and also the first location in Asia on our 3 week trip that we were charged for this service.The bar was very expensive and lacked any atmosphere....we would however recommend Harry's Bar around the corner as we found then honest and friendly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonSingapore, General Manager at Hilton Singapore, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear DublinHank,

Thank you for being honest and candid about your recent experience at Hilton Singapore, we very much appreciate your feedback and insights.

Whilst it is nice to know that you were happy with the hotel's location, breakfast spread, the pool and our Concierge team, I am very sorry to learn that the service provided by our Front Office team fell below your expectations. Please be assured that my team are using your feedback to promptly address and improve on their overall service delivery.

We have also noted your comments regarding the WiFi and understand the importance of this service for all our guests. You'd be glad to know that we also offer complimentary WiFi service in the hotel's public areas in addition to paid internet service in the guest rooms.

My team and I sincerely regret that we did not deliver a better stay experience to you. Although you have indicated otherwise, we hope for another opportunity in the future to extend the warm hospitality and exemplary service that the team always strive to deliver. Thank you for staying with us.

1,249 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

You can't go wrong with this hotel when it comes to the location, right in the center of Singapore's Orchard road, surrounded by all the shopping malls and all within walking distance. Few minutes walk to the MRT station. Check in was done swiftly, and staff is helpful and friendly throughout our stay. Room is clean, and fit the price we paid for.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear EricLHR,

It is always a pleasure when our guests enjoy their stays with us, thank you for sharing your recent experience at Hilton Singapore.

We are glad that you felt well looked after by our team and that you were happy with the room and central location of the hotel.

We look forward to being of service to you again when you next return to Singapore

Geneva, Geneve, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

u r on the right spot for shopping night life and visit singapore ! tube is very close so u can travel everywhere very easily and discover the city. the lounge is great, the breakfast is simply amazing. No doubts about this choice.

Room Tip: do not expect large room
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Dear Stefano R,

Thank you for your kind review of Hilton Singapore. It is a great pleasure for my team and I to know that we are your choice of hotel in Singapore!

We are delighted that you enjoyed our Executive Lounge and breakfast spread and hope to welcome you back, should you plan another break to Singapore in the future.

Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Disappointed with the state of the hotel for the price I paid. I feel I am qualified to make this assessment given I have stayed in more than 10 different hotels in Singapore. If you are looking for a five star hotel experience, then the Hilton is not it.

On the positives:
Service was exceptional and staff were very cheerful and friendly. The room was also spacious size wise, although small bathroom.

The downside:
The hotel's big downfall is the hotel itself is in desperate need of a make-over - it resembles 1970s colour schemes and decor.

Room service was also extremely expensive and not great quality.

Location is perfect if you wish to be centrally located on the shopping strip of Orchard Rd, however there are other hotels that are better choices also centrally located - The St Regis (if money is no object) or Mandarin Oriental which is two blocks away and in the middle of Orchard Road.

Room Tip: Good luck!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear bondbaby007,

Thank you for sharing your honest thoughts and insights from your recent stay with us, we very much appreciate your feedback.

We are pleased that you were generally satisfied with your experience in the hotel and that the team's warm and friendly service highlighted your stay.

At the same time, we are sorry that the we did not fully meet your expectations in some other areas. As we continue to make plans for future enhancements of the hotel, we will take into consideration your valuable feedback.

It was a pleasure having you with us; we sincerely hope for another opportunity to welcome you back again.

Phuket, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Had a long weekend here and it was fantastic, was upgraded to a King Club room and was delighted with the Club Lounge. Everything was amazing, the service, the food, the drink just great

Room was beautiful, massive bathtub. Enjoyed all the facilities , pool was amazing

Will be back

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonSingapore, General Manager at Hilton Singapore, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Gifzy,

Thank you for spending your long weekend with us, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

It is most rewarding for my team to realise that they delivered a wonderful and seamless stay experience for you. We certainly look forward to being of service to you again when you next return to Singapore.

Kildare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

After a long and arduous flight plague with delays, seating confusion and hot tea being bored on by airline staff, and lost luggage; it was a very welcome reassurance to be greeted and facilitated by such wonderful staff at the Hilton Hotel front desk.

My receptionist, Grace, was pleasant, efficient and very helpful. Thank you very much for everything. It’s great to meet such delightful and pleasant staff.

This hotel is situated in a central location and despite the building slightly older than it’s more modern neighbours, it is a stunning example of a well kept, well run establishment.
The entrance and foyer are enormous and floored in polished marble with bright open areas and balconies. There is a fantastic range of high end shops connected to the lobby, split over several floors.

The rooms are slightly smaller than expected but well finished with sleek furniture and floor to ceiling glazed windows. Marble bathrooms and excellent range of toiletries offer a superb touch. The rooms are fully air conditioned and cleaned to a very high standard.
The hotel has a beautiful pool on the top floor and there are several restaurants to chose from with a wide range of foods and drink.

The executive lounge is bright, relaxing and again, staff were helpful and friendly.

Check out took seconds and offers of taxi’s or assistance with luggage were abundant.

This is a superb hotel and I would highly recommend a visit if you are in the area.

Room Tip: The executive floor is well positioned above the noise of distant traffic.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mick W,

My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed a comfortable and restful stay at Hilton Singapore.

We very much appreciate your feedback on our room and facilities. Your kind comments have also been conveyed to Grace, who together with the rest of the team, always works hard to deliver the best stay experience for all our guests. It is rewarding indeed to know that your experience with us has encouraged your recommendation of the hotel.

Thank you for your compliments. It will be our pleasure to be of service to you again when you next return to Singapore.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 days,for location,I stayed here because I know the reputation n it's worldwide...N I saw in it was recommended also by trip advisor.In my mind this hotel would treat the cust well..
2 days of staying everything runs well...
At my last day, on 29 Oct at 4.00 am,while my family was sleeping, I heard an alarm ringing...I am with my family, 2 senior age 65 above,my sis,her husband,1 nephew,1 niece n last me...
We were very shock so as I know we should go to the fire exit n never use lift...so I use stairs..I only bring my passport..N we were divided into 2 groups because my sister has to rescue her mom in law n dad in law, so I bring my niece down from 16 to basement...
At the basement,I found an officer and he said that it was a false alarm.he said it's there's no fire, it comes from the water pump...somethings wrong in it.
What I feel dissapointed and heartless hotel is because, they even didn't offer us drinks or anything,we are very shock at that time, mostly senior.in the lobby I also saw there's an older man fall down because after going through several level to rescue himself...the crew hotel only him to wake up n sit...n actually all we need is not only saying sorry,in that situation, after tired, we also feel dizzy and a lil very thirsty almost dehaydrated.when we want to go back to our room, the crew was not helping much,they only say wait...we wait for almost half an hour to get us back to our room.when we arrived at the lobby from the basement,we saw the crew was very calm...I was so regret, even if it's the false alarm,even in the fire exit there's no hotel crew there.what happened if there's someone injured there...
I was really dissapointed with what happened..it seems like the hotel just taking us as customer as granted. I hope with the 5 star hotel reputation, they should serve us better n more with heart...please take care of your customer well..

• Stayed October 2012
HiltonSingapore, General Manager at Hilton Singapore, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Margareath,

Thank you for staying at Hilton Singapore, it was a pleasure having you and your family with us.

We sincerely regret the inconvenience you experienced from the false alarm, which affected an otherwise pleasant stay. Your feedback is very important to us and has helped us identify what we can improve in such situations.

The safety and well-being of all our guests is of the utmost importance to us. At the same time, we recognise that the communication after the “All Clear” message could have been handled better. We have since reviewed our processes and are retraining our team members to be sensitive to the needs of our guests.

We appreciate your honest review and hope that we will have another opportunity in the future to extend the true and warm Hilton hospitality that we always strive to deliver. Thank you once again for staying with us.

Alain Mahillon

Been to Hilton Singapore? Share your experiences!