“Loved It” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Singapore

You added Hilton Singapore to your Saves list
Hilton Singapore
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   581 Orchard Road, Singapore 238883, Singapore (Orchard Road)   |
Offers & Announcements
Discover Asia - Save 30%
Ranked #65 of 300 Hotels in Singapore
Phuket, Thailand
“Loved It”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Had a long weekend here and it was fantastic, was upgraded to a King Club room and was delighted with the Club Lounge. Everything was amazing, the service, the food, the drink just great

Room was beautiful, massive bathtub. Enjoyed all the facilities , pool was amazing

Will be back

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonSingapore, General Manager at Hilton Singapore, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Gifzy,

Thank you for spending your long weekend with us, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

It is most rewarding for my team to realise that they delivered a wonderful and seamless stay experience for you. We certainly look forward to being of service to you again when you next return to Singapore.

Alain Mahillon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kildare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

After a long and arduous flight plague with delays, seating confusion and hot tea being bored on by airline staff, and lost luggage; it was a very welcome reassurance to be greeted and facilitated by such wonderful staff at the Hilton Hotel front desk.

My receptionist, Grace, was pleasant, efficient and very helpful. Thank you very much for everything. It’s great to meet such delightful and pleasant staff.

This hotel is situated in a central location and despite the building slightly older than it’s more modern neighbours, it is a stunning example of a well kept, well run establishment.
The entrance and foyer are enormous and floored in polished marble with bright open areas and balconies. There is a fantastic range of high end shops connected to the lobby, split over several floors.

The rooms are slightly smaller than expected but well finished with sleek furniture and floor to ceiling glazed windows. Marble bathrooms and excellent range of toiletries offer a superb touch. The rooms are fully air conditioned and cleaned to a very high standard.
The hotel has a beautiful pool on the top floor and there are several restaurants to chose from with a wide range of foods and drink.

The executive lounge is bright, relaxing and again, staff were helpful and friendly.

Check out took seconds and offers of taxi’s or assistance with luggage were abundant.

This is a superb hotel and I would highly recommend a visit if you are in the area.

Room Tip: The executive floor is well positioned above the noise of distant traffic.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mick W,

My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed a comfortable and restful stay at Hilton Singapore.

We very much appreciate your feedback on our room and facilities. Your kind comments have also been conveyed to Grace, who together with the rest of the team, always works hard to deliver the best stay experience for all our guests. It is rewarding indeed to know that your experience with us has encouraged your recommendation of the hotel.

Thank you for your compliments. It will be our pleasure to be of service to you again when you next return to Singapore.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed here for 3 days,for location,I stayed here because I know the reputation n it's worldwide...N I saw in it was recommended also by trip advisor.In my mind this hotel would treat the cust well..
2 days of staying everything runs well...
At my last day, on 29 Oct at 4.00 am,while my family was sleeping, I heard an alarm ringing...I am with my family, 2 senior age 65 above,my sis,her husband,1 nephew,1 niece n last me...
We were very shock so as I know we should go to the fire exit n never use lift...so I use stairs..I only bring my passport..N we were divided into 2 groups because my sister has to rescue her mom in law n dad in law, so I bring my niece down from 16 to basement...
At the basement,I found an officer and he said that it was a false alarm.he said it's there's no fire, it comes from the water pump...somethings wrong in it.
What I feel dissapointed and heartless hotel is because, they even didn't offer us drinks or anything,we are very shock at that time, mostly senior.in the lobby I also saw there's an older man fall down because after going through several level to rescue himself...the crew hotel only him to wake up n sit...n actually all we need is not only saying sorry,in that situation, after tired, we also feel dizzy and a lil very thirsty almost dehaydrated.when we want to go back to our room, the crew was not helping much,they only say wait...we wait for almost half an hour to get us back to our room.when we arrived at the lobby from the basement,we saw the crew was very calm...I was so regret, even if it's the false alarm,even in the fire exit there's no hotel crew there.what happened if there's someone injured there...
I was really dissapointed with what happened..it seems like the hotel just taking us as customer as granted. I hope with the 5 star hotel reputation, they should serve us better n more with heart...please take care of your customer well..

• Stayed October 2012
HiltonSingapore, General Manager at Hilton Singapore, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Margareath,

Thank you for staying at Hilton Singapore, it was a pleasure having you and your family with us.

We sincerely regret the inconvenience you experienced from the false alarm, which affected an otherwise pleasant stay. Your feedback is very important to us and has helped us identify what we can improve in such situations.

The safety and well-being of all our guests is of the utmost importance to us. At the same time, we recognise that the communication after the “All Clear” message could have been handled better. We have since reviewed our processes and are retraining our team members to be sensitive to the needs of our guests.

We appreciate your honest review and hope that we will have another opportunity in the future to extend the true and warm Hilton hospitality that we always strive to deliver. Thank you once again for staying with us.

Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

The location is good, a couple of minutes walk away from the underpass at Wheelock to get to Orchard MRT.

Upon arrival, luggage was swiftly collected, and check in was quick. Upgraded to a club floor room.

The room was super clean; and was kept that way. Beds are super comfy, but as others have mentioned, the bathroom is small. I dislike the tub&shower combo, but got used to it after awhile. At least, I prefer this over shower-only hotel rooms; sometimes we'd like a relaxing soak over the weekend! The toiletries are of great quality, and you can see, they really try to make the best of the bathroom- the marble is beautiful, but nothing can be done with the size, as the structure is old and built in the 70s. Water pressure is acceptable, but not the best.

My room was on the upper floors (club), but it still had traffic noise.

Room service is prompt, and the food is good. Yes, it is expensive; but on par with other 5-star hotels in Singapore. Had buffet breakfast in the coffee house during a weekend and it was a madhouse- food was below average for a 5-star hotel. I retreated to room service for the other mornings, and they were always served with a smile.

The experienced staff members are great- you can see that they are slightly senior, and must have been with the hotel for a long time. Polite and efficient.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
HiltonSingapore, General Manager at Hilton Singapore, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear fredd0,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hilton Singapore, we are glad that you had a pleasant stay with us.

It is good to know that you were happy with our room and quality of our room service. My Food and Beverage team have noted your comments regarding our breakfast buffet and will take steps to review and ensure the high quality of our food offerings.

My team are grateful for your kind feedback on their warmth and friendliness, and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Singapore.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Hilton hotel always makes me comfortable regardless of where I am. In this hotel, the location is good, along Orchard Road. Its a bit old, but nice and efficient. walking distance to shopping malls. There are other otels in this area, but my choice is Hilton. Regards, Virginia Goh.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
HiltonSingapore, General Manager at Hilton Singapore, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Ms Goh,

Thank you for making Hilton Singapore your hotel of choice in Singapore. It is a pleasure knowing that you always enjoy comfortable stays with us.

We really appreciate your continued patronage and look forward to being of service to you again when you next return to Singapore.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

The plug sockets in the hotel didn't work, the internet was extremely overpriced, the staff was complacent... Luggage took hours to find its way to our rooms. Was a stressful experience. Definitely will not be staying in the hilton again! Was not worth the convinience to orchard road at all!! Go stay in one of the boutique hotels or the fullerton hotels or marina bay and hop on the mrt. Hilton was shocking, customer service was extremely poor.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear suyincook,

I am very sorry to learn that your recent experience at Hilton Singapore was disappointing for you.

Your feedback is very important to us and I wish to assure you that my team are doing their utmost to uphold the high standards of the products and services expected of a luxury hotel. We do indeed recognise the importance of due attention that must be given to all our guests and this is being heavily reinforced in our process reviews and on-going training programmes.

Thank you for staying with us. Whilst you have indicated otherwise, we hope that you will grant us another opportunity to extend the warm hospitality and exemplary service that we always strive to deliver.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel about three dozen times in the past 10 years, including five or six stays this year alone. As a frequent business traveler, what I appreciate most about the Hilton Singapore is that I feel very welcome here, like a home away from home. Yes, the hotel is older than some others in Singapore but everything seems to work well and is clean. Sure, the prices can be high but this is Singapore we are talking about, not Kansas City. And this is a Hilton, not a Four Seasons so you should not arrive with that level of expectation. Still, I find the staff goes out of their way to make the guest experience a happy one and most people I talk to seem to enjoy the hotel and its location. If you are a business person traveling alone, the room size and bathrooms are just fine. As a frequent guest in the Executive Lounge, I would say it's a very nice facility and the only recommendation would be for either a greater selection of foods or more variety in the rotation of food selections on a daily basis.

Room Tip: If you need a taxi at a certain time, be sure to book one through the hotel staff. If not, you will...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Jon5839,

Thank you for your continued patronage at Hilton Singapore. It is our pleasure to be your home away from home!

My team are very encouraged to learn that their warm and friendly service has contributed postively towards your stay experiences with us. We have noted your feedback on the food selection in the Executive Lounge and will duly address this point.

We look forward to seeing you again when you next return to Singapore.