“Nice hotel with a good location for muslim traveller” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7500 Beach Road, Singapore 199591, Singapore   |
Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #78 of 300 Hotels in Singapore
“Nice hotel with a good location for muslim traveller”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

we stay at orchid club at 7th floor.It is quite nice as there is a balcony facing the singapore eye.For muslim traveller it is very convenience as it is a walking distance to masjid sultan and kampong glam where there are so many halal food restaurants available.You also can ride a taxi to mustafa centre for only sgd5.

• Stayed May 2014
GM_PRSIN, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Beach Road, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Milla M,

Thank you for your positive review. I am happy to hear that you had a great time while staying with us. My team and I certainly look forward to welcoming you back to PARKROYAL on Beach Road soon!

David Donald

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
bangkok
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Pros;
Nice clean room
Bathroom with separate bath tub and shower area with rain shower. Good water pressure.
Comfy king bed.
Got complimentary upgraded to Orchid floor.
Adequate breakfast nothing outstanding though.
2 bottles of complimentary water daily.

Cons;
Lack of personal touch. typical business hotel.
No view from the Orchid floor.
Location, not so many things around. About 10 minuted walk to Nicholls HWY metro to go anywhere.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
GM_PRSIN, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Beach Road, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Wate49,

I want to thank you for your valuable feedback which allow us to take the necessary actions and make improvements.

It has been our pleasure to have hosted you and I hope to welcome you back soon.

Aspendale, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

The checkin
We arrived at around 6:00pm the checkin process took at least 20min the staff were more interested in getting our signature to say we would be fined $200 if we smoked in the room (we don't ) rather than getting us to our.

The bags
Quickly taken off us on arrival. Waited an half hour ( we wanted to freshen up and go to dinner) I went back down stairs and they were still sitting in to same trolley

The room
Very tired tiles dirty room small and building works we happening but no advise of this on arrival (they moved us after I requested but said it would take 6 hours they finely moved us after repeated requests paid $AUD 576 for 2 nights no breakfast

No help on things to do. Staff are lazy when we were leaving my wife had to struggle down steps by herself our driver ended up helping

Location
Close to Arab st great food coffee and breakfast at Blue Jaz was great. Shopping centres are also close Bugis street is good, Raffles is also walking distance 15mins Singapore sling will set you back $S27 each. Smith street is another good eating area but it's a $S10 cab fare food is street food and is great

I would request the hotel not respond it's all to late

Room Tip: Building works happening here very noisy
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
GM_PRSIN, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Beach Road, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear DonnyMelbourne,

I am utterly disappointed to learn that our hotel did not meet your expectations during your stay with us.

This is certainly not the PARKROYAL hospitality which you come to expect nor is this reflective of the manner in which we want to develop our reputation. I am well aware that there is a wide range of accommodation options to choose from.

On your next trip to Singapore, I hope you would contact our Director of Rooms at herlin.leman@parkroyalhotels.com. Herlin would be more than happy to assist you and ensure you have a memorable hotel experience.

My apologies for the service shortfall and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Kolkata
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Singapore abounds with options for stay, and I have stayed at several hotels in the garden city. This, my first stay, at the Parkroyal on Beach Road, was disappointing. Room cleanliness leaves a lot to be desired. When I checked in, I found a supermarket invoice of the previous occupantt lying under the room fridge. I hung the "Tidy Room" card on the door in the late afternoon, hoping it would act as a prompt for a turndown service, and returned after a few hours to find both the card and room exactly as I had left them. The reception staff is cold to the point of being curt, the room was cramped and the bathroom very basic. On the plus side, the restaurant serves a great buffet dinner and offers a good breakfast spread. And the concierge desk is extremely helpful. But it is unlikely I will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear editorindisguise,

I am disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your stay with us. On your next trip to Singapore, please do not hesitate to contact our Director of Rooms at herlin.leman@parkroyalhotels.com. We would love to make amends and ensure you have a memorable experience.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

The hotel was very comfortable and the staff friendly and helpful and we much appreciated the upgrade to our room along with the late checkout to allow for our late flight out of Singapore. The rooms are quite spacious and well furnished and we enjoyed the coffee and tea facilities provided. As a lover of Asian food we took advantage of being close to Arab Street and the many local food outlets at quite reasonable prices. The pool area is a great place to relax and take in the sun and enjoy a drink and snack from the bar. The breakfast offers a wide range of foods to satisfy your early morning hunger.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Hugh B,

Our team is very glad to hear that you have enjoyed our services and facilities. We hope you would be back for more memorable experiences with PARKROYAL on Beach Road.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

This is not one of Singapore's most fancy hotels, but it is convenient to the airport, has clean bright modern rooms and brilliant service, and in a very interesting area of town.
I always stay in their Orchid Club rooms, and I can highly recommend this even though it may be a little more expensive than the other rooms in the lower floors.
With the Orchid Club you have your own check in and out area on your own floor, your own breakfast area (quite and peaceful in the morning instead of screaming families at the buffet downstairs) and at night there is the 'Happy Hour' with unlimited drinks and hot and cold d'oeuvres, this is well worth the extra you may pay. On our annual trips to the U.K. this is our regular stop over.
Have tried Hong Kong but not as good as Singapore.

Room Tip: Orchid Club rooms - there are two top floors of these rooms
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_PRSIN, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Beach Road, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Maggy608,

I am delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your continued support and I certainly look forward to welcoming you back for more memorable experiences.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in this hotel over the years and my recent visit wasnt as great as before. Standards have dropped a bit in terms of room cleanliness and its not as friendly as it used to. For the price of the room it without breakfast, I think there are better value options to choose from

• Stayed April 2014
GM_PRSIN, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Beach Road, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear CYLee2014,

Thank you for taking time to write a review on your recent stay with us. Our guests' comments are important to us. Rest assured that our Executive Housekeeper has been asked to look into the the cleanliness issue. I hope the above incident has not deterred you from choosing to stay with us in the future. Thank you once again for your continued support and I look forward to welcoming you back.

David Donald

Been to PARKROYAL on Beach Road? Share your experiences!