“Very small room” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #264 of 292 hotels in Singapore
brisbane
“Very small room”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Room size comparable to a prison cell, $190 Singapore for a late-night check in due to nil other hotels available (busy muslim festival on). Very hard uncomfortable bed and very average, poor value for money.

Needed to use the internet and bought a $2 internet usage for 60mins. The code failed to work and the internet wasn't working, terrible service.

Wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

75 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Oxford Hotel was indeed a pleasant stay for me and my Family, having said that its great value for money. We had made our Singapore arrangements through Asia travel (Online) which included hotel accommodation, transfers, universal studio including the transfers.
Upon arrival we had checked inn instantly and the bags needed to be taken by self as you know it’s a lower star category and these things must be done alone. We had booked a triple room and I must say the third bed was also very comfortable it was not one of those regular sofa beds which has hardly leg space for an adult. I must agree with some of the reviews with the regards to the space, it’s pretty cramped up however we managed as we required the rooms just to sleep and we were practically out and about exploring the country. The sheets, pillow covers were clean & there were extra pillows available inside the cupboards. Room service was available daily to replace the very basic toiletry stuff, towels and the linen. The toilets were clean and I was surprised to see disgusting photo’s which were uploaded under review images. Some reviews can be misleading or maybe it could just probably be a bitter experience they faced clubbed together with an Airline issue. At the beginning the phones lights were not working however I figured out the wires were disconnected and the problem was resolved without having to worry anyone at the reception. Wi-Fi is available however 2 Singapore dollars per hour which is reasonable I must say. This hotel caters to a lot of Chinese guest & the food was not spicy in terms of our requirement being Asians, however nothing to complain as the variety of different types of food was available for everyone. Free flowing juice, tea, coffee, Milk and water during breakfast was available. If you’re looking for a luxury hotel to pamper yourself then look elsewhere as this is a very basic hotel and indeed falls on to the budget category. We had a great time as I mentioned we required the room just to freshen up & hit the sack. We had 3 check in suitcases which was kept on top of each other and our hand baggage strolled under the table and the others inside the cupboards. Great service and nothing & no complains. Enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I stayed a week for a business conference and this hotel is not for customers who are in Singapore for business.

The people are very nice but my room was dirty and not really equipped for internet access or phone calls. My access was spotty and my calls dropped several times.

The hotel is right accross from the university and students were out partying all night. The floor that I stayed on was also party central.

I recommend you find somewhere else to stay if you're in town on business.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at! I can't believe that such a crappy hotel exists in Singapore! It was part of the tour package that we availed of.

There was only one tiny elevator for the whole hotel. The hallways had a musty smell and were narrow. You could hear the people walking in the hallway from inside your room. My husband and I stayed in one room while my sister and father were in another room. The room was small. The mattresses were in dire need of replacement, my husband's back ached because of the sagging mattress. The airconditioner in our room was pretty useless, it hardly cooled the room while the one in my sister's room was leaking water inside her room. It was hard to get a good night's sleep because it was hot inside the room! The rooms need to be renovated. They looked old and didn't feel clean. Bathroom toiletries were cheap.

Buffet breakfast had a crappy selection. Food was bland.

We stayed for 3 nights and dreaded going back to Oxford Hotel at the end of the day. Staying at this hotel made us feel poor and pathetic. If you love yourself and value your sanity, stay away from Oxford Hotel at all costs! I would not recommend this hotel to anyone not even to my worst enemy.

Room Tip: If you want to get a good room, don't book at Oxford Hotel!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Las Pinas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I was on a budget and needed a room for a couple of nights. This hotel felt like a dorm. Small cramped rooms that could have used better cleaning. Good location but Go look elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Olongapo, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

oxford hotel is like a 2 star hotel charging like a 3 star hotel. some of the staff are commodious, but other are not. our room is badly cut. were sleeping in this narrow space were the bathroom doors looked like some storage closet or the doors to the TARDIS. also the locks on the bathroom doors did not lock. it's not broken just an example of bad engineering. that place is not near everything. we had to walk afar to find a good eating place. the only thing i love is the vending machine on every floor.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Nagpur, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

The Oxford hotel is situated in a the center of this city state. This is a very reasonable place to stay while in Singapore. The breakfast which was inclusive with the room was not to my liking otherwise the rooms were quite neat and clean. This is a small hotel but for business and budget travelers who do not want to spend much time in the hotel this is a great place. Going for a conference to Singapore ? check this place for discounts. Very close to the SunTec Center.

Room Tip: The top floor rooms are better.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Oxford Hotel? Share your experiences!