“Nice Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #88 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
Darwin, Australia
“Nice Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed here for three days in March. Check in at reception was very friendly and anything we needed was attended to straight away.
Rooms - although older rooms, they were clean and comfortable. Only problem we found was that the toilet system was very loud. Every time someone used the toilet on any floor above, next to or beneath us, it sounded like an plane toilet with the suction noise and then a very loud bang at the end of the cistern filling up.
The hotel was situated at the end of Orchard Road and was convenient to the shopping precinct, although the shopping in this area is quite expensive. The MRT was close buy and easy to get around on, but we caught taxis most times as they are very cheap.
All in all we had no complaints

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
RameshKanesan, Owner at Orchard Parade Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Sandy K,

Thank you for choosing Orchard Parade Hotel as your choice of accommodation in Singapore.

We really appreciate the feedback on the loud noise and we are conducting checks. I am glad that you had enjoyed your stay and we certainly look forward to having you back with us soon.

Please feel free to contact me should you be returning to Singapore, as I will be glad to assist you in making a reservation.

In the meanwhile, take care and we, at Orchard Parade Hotel, awaits your return.

Warmest Regards,

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Tacloban, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We have actually booked two 3D/2N stays at two different hotels, Orchard Parade Hotel and Marriott Hotel. Obviously, we favored the latter. We decided not to sleep here as it was situated at the end of Orchard Road which was a bit of a hassle. Don't get me wrong though, the location is still good it's just that Marriott is at the very center of Orchard. Nuff said. We did managed to check-in, get a glimpse of the room and explore hotel's facilities so not to waste our booking. We're glad to know the receptionist is a Filipino. The service was fast except for some minor flaws. The rooms were newly-refurbished and quite modern.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
RameshKanesan, Manager at Orchard Parade Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear escaflownie,

It is a great honor to receive compliments from a senior contributor and we appreciate your kind comments.

We wish that in the future you would spend the night with us. I have passed on your comments to our team and they thank you for the wonderful review.

Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Checkin was fast and the staff nice and polite.Good location, on one end of orchard road, modestos italian restaurant (excellent food) attached.I must say that the view was nice facing the pool and I liked the pool as it was a reasonably sized. As I opted out breakfast, I just had coffee and pastry at Maison Kayser which was ok. My company has selected this hotel and I only wish this continues for my next stays.

Dear PETROSM5,

Glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have passed on your comments to Modesto's.

We truly appreciate the time taken to write this review and hope to be of service again in the near future.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Poor service all around.. nobody ever seems to smile or even wish guests.. breakfast selection poor, very crowded.. most of the days needed to share the table with strangers..
Room show their age.. some lights couldn't be put off.. weren't repaired during the 5 days I was there.
Door key main switch stopped working.. had to be repaired..
Overall in need of a renovation.. but more importantly they need to work on their service levels.
Second stay there.. wouldn't like to stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013
RameshKanesan, Manager at Orchard Parade Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear arunkmurthy

Thank you for choosing us during your recent visit to Singapore. We apologise for the unpleasant experience during your stay with us. We will be sure to take your constructive feedback on board in ensuring we strive for the better.

Appreciate if you can let us know on how can we contact you in order to better understand and correcting our shortcomings.

We hope to hear from you soon and look forward to welcoming you back to Orchard Parade Hotel.

Kind regards

Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights in Feb 2013 and 2 nights in March 2013
Checkin was fast and the staff nice and polite we travelled with 3 adults 1 child i adult my sister was special needs so we needed a family room which are a bit thin on the ground so we could all be together we were in room 329 facing Orchard Road although the hotel is getting a bit old the room was clean and tidy big king size bed and two double beds 2 tv's fridge and tea coffee making facilities iron and ironing board,one thing I liked was you could open the sliding doors onto a balcony and look onto Orchard Road,
Good aircon and nice and quiet slept very well in the comfortable beds.
Bathroom was tidy and clean and recently painted ceiling and I loved the shower the shower rose was as big as a dinner plate.
Not the greatest breafast but filling so no real complaints just dont get down there too late as the tables fill up.
Con's - very minor- at breakfast staff should tell you about where to get your eggs cooked a wee bit hidden away and in the rooms no leaflet or brochure about the Hotel and its facilities and no imformation about room service and no room service menu.
All in all we enjoyed our stay in the hotel friendly staff and clean and well situated,Hard Rock Cafe just beside the hotel..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
RameshKanesan, Manager at Orchard Parade Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear malb1234

Thank you for choosing Orchard Parade Hotel during your recent visit to Singapore.

We appreciate your time to write this review and thank you for the kind comments. My team and I are glad that you had a good stay. On matters that your have mentioned, we apologise and I have rectified them. We certainly look forward to having you back with us soon.

Please contact me should you be returning to Singapore and I will be glad to assist you in making your stay comfortable.

Once again we would like to thank you for your kind feedback.

With Kind regards,

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My first impression was not that great as I came out of the cab and no one to assist. However, a Concierge came to assist and apologized for the initial absence. He was actually flagging a cab from the main road for a guest. I had a nice great and welcome by Liza and she gave me a room which was what I wanted. The feel of the hotel is ancient, the room was done up recently. Enjoyed the conversation with the tall Porter who gave me some tips on where to get local food. I must say that the view was nice facing the pool and I liked the pool as it was a reasonably sized. As I opted out breakfast, I just had coffee and pastry at Maison Kayser which was ok. I was glad that a gentleman assisted me with taxi, there were like 20 others waiting in the morning. They staff worked very well to clear the Q and also talking to the guests to keep them occupied. My company has selected this hotel and I only wish this continues for my next stays.

Room Tip: Request for higher floors
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
RameshKanesan, Manager at Orchard Parade Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear MandrewsSA

We really appreciate your time to write this review and reading what you had written really makes me proud of my team. I am glad that you had enjoyed your stay and we certainly look forward to having you back with us soon.

With Kind regards,

Warmest Regards,
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

This hotel is well located and is very convenient for business. It is quite cosy (medium size hotel).
the staff is friendly and they remember you so you feel like home.
The Chinese restaurant at the lobby floor is excellent .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with StayFarEast.com

RameshKanesan, Manager at Orchard Parade Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear xgdhaa,

Thank you so much for your lovely comments! I am very pleased to hear that you had enjoyed your stay here and that the services lived up to your expectations. Your kind comment is deeply appreciated by all our team members. Once again, thank you for your continuous support and our team look forward to see you soon!

Hotel Manager

Been to Orchard Parade Hotel by Far East Hospitality? Share your experiences!