“Inhospitable front office staff” 1 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
35%off +Free Tour +WiFi
Ranked #87 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Inhospitable front office staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

after having a great time on the superstar cruise we landed in singapore in orchard parade on orchard road to experience a horrifying ordeal one by one .the location of the hotel is good but we were in for a shock .we were handed over a standard room with no view inspite of a request put by our booking agent from india .all what we could see from the window was the grey wall of another building.when we spoke about this to the front office which was anyways very laid back they took 45 minutes for chek in the first place the response was nil.they didnt offer a single option to make any changes in the room.the room was extremely dull interiors really asked for renovation clamped up restrooms .one of the most hopeless hotel rooms i have ever stayed in and cherry on the top was uncooperative staff.
The rudeness didnt end there they had a huge commission with the local agent of singapore who arranged our stay. we were not provided the night safari as promised ,no cab services from the hotel as promised,no airport drop as paid for .when we asked the hotel to help us the lady staff on the front office asked to go to the police station on our cab expense and make a complain.she simply said we cant help you....pathetic services ......

our four day was ruined by the agent and the hotel.one of the worst star rated properties in singapore INHOSPITABLE and BAD UNCOURTEOUS STAFF .....HORRIBLE.......HORRIBLE .....HORRIBLE.....

Room Tip: do not ever book this hotel but even if you have to then confirm a 1000 times on what they shall pro...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
KheeSiong, General Manager at Orchard Parade Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Daer Valued Guest

Thank for for staying at Orchard Parade Hotel and sharing your experiences here.

We regret that your stay has not been to your expectations and we sincerely apologize for the shortcomings. We acknowledge that the issues you had with the local agent and also the room allocation should have been handled differently and the services levels that you experienced were not to standard.

Your valuable feedback and comments will be shared with the rest of the team and we will focus on the improving on the areas that you have highlighted.

Ng Khee Siong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Colombo, Sri Lanka
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

This hotel is one of the oldest hotels in Singapore and the rooms show it!
Our stay was in Aug 2012 and the check in was done very fast and efficiently! The reception staff was very friendly.
We were given a room on the 9th floor and the room was very disappointing. It badly needed refurbishing and the AC was not working well at all and there was also some sort of mold growing in places! When we complained we were speedily allocated another room on the 5Th Floor. This room was bigger with a small balcony but here again the room could use a face lift! But it was certainly better than the first room! The Balcony in room needed a coat of paint and some cleaning.
If the price was less then i would not have minded but we payed premium rates! We could have gotten a similar/ same rate for some of the newer hotels on Orchard Road.
Location wise this hotel is at one end of Orchard road (close to Ion shopping center).
Breakfast was very good at the hotel.. the service there once again was very good!
My personal opinion is that the hotel should refurbish all rooms to keep up with some of the better hotels in Singapore.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
KheeSiong, General Manager at Orchard Parade Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Dear Valued Guest

We are extremely concerned that the rooms are not up to your expectation and we apologise for the let down.

We are pleased to infrom you that currently we are renovating our rooms in phases and we hope that will address your concern about our room condition.

Thank you for sparing your time in sharing your stay experience here and bringing this matter to our attention. Your comments will help us serve you and all our guest better in the future.

We apologise for the annoyance that this may have caused to you. The hotel is actively working to improve service levels and your feedback has proved to be invaluable.

We hope to see you soon to experience our new room and another memorable stay at Orchard Parade Hotel.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

the hotel are clean and the staff are freindly with good costumer service looking forward to have another visit next year.a very good area to shop everything is close like like coffee shop ,money changer ,things to buy and even movies is there near by . too many shops to choose , the place is safe to go around, no pollution at all ., transportation is easy . half an hour to the airport, enjoyed walking around.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for choosing Orchard Parade HotelH for your recent stay in Singapore.

We have read your comments about the hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your collaboration and we hope to see you again soon at Orchard Parade Hotel

San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I was sorely disappointed with my stay here. If this hotel is less expensive than other hotels you’re considering, there is a reason – there is lack of security. I typically do not feel compelled to write reviews, but I wanted to warn travelers considering staying here that unless they want their belongings stolen from their room with little hotel management action in response, they should NOT stay here.

I stayed at the hotel with 4 other colleagues for a total of 5 nights, Thursday to Tuesday. Without going into too much detail, I discovered that a bag of jewelry from my room had gone missing (containing several antique pieces and family heirlooms passed down from my mother). I informed the front desk, and was told an investigation would ensue. After checking back with the front desk multiple times over the course of the next couple of days, I was told that the investigation was ongoing and I would not receive an update until the night before I was to leave the hotel. In addition, I expressed that I did not feel comfortable having maids come into my room since my belongings disappeared, and I was simply told to put the “Do Not Disturb Sign” outside my door to prevent someone from coming in – which gave me no comfort at all, knowing that someone had already violated my privacy and belongings.

I was frustrated that I was constantly told to check back and that the "investigation was continuing," but it turns out that because it was a weekend, the staff was off-duty, and therefore staff interviews could not be done. Anxious, I asked to speak with the security manager who was supposedly conducting the investigation (which was suspicious considering no one asked me anything about when and where the jewelry was discovered missing and what the contents of the jewelry bag was).

Finally, over 36 hours after I reported the missing jewelry, I was told by the manager that they interviewed the staff and concluded that the staff had an excellent record. This seemed a completely inadequate response. In addition, the security manager who I was supposed to meet with never showed up to meet with me. Frustrated with the inadequate response of hotel management, I called the police to file a report. It was only then that the hotel management decided to take this more seriously. With construction going on and maids leaving my balcony door unlocked, it felt unsafe and I believe my jewelry was taken due to negligence of the hotel, although no compensation was offered.

I have traveled extensively and stayed at many hotels throughout Asia (often with the guidance of Trip Advisor), yet never have I faced a situation like this. Yes things could've been a lot worse, and I never personally felt unsafe. As a frequent traveler, I take the necessary precautions and am careful with my things, locking my passport in the safe etc. I was so surprised that something like this could have happened at a reputable business hotel, but even more surprised with management’s inadequate response and poor handling of the situation.

Although Orchard Parade is a decent business hotel in terms of location and modern rooms, it is worth booking somewhere else, even if slightly more expensive – there are many options along Orchard Road and elsewhere – save yourself the heartache and hassle, and give yourself the peace of mind by staying at a more secure hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
KheeSiong, General Manager at Orchard Parade Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, September 10, 2012

Greetings from Orchard Parade Hotel, Singapore

Thank you for choosing us during your recent visit to Singapore. We apologise for your unpleasant experience you had during your stay with us.

The incident has been reported to the police and the investigation is in progress. We have the confirmation that the police will be in touch with you of the outcome.

We are firmly committed in correcting our shortcomings. We will be sure to take your constructive feedback on board in ensuring we strive for the better. Thank you for your contribution to our improvement!

Again, please accept our profound apologies for all the inconvenience caused

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Recently stayed there (last weekend). Rooms are clean and spacious. Staff is professional and courteous. I just can't understand why they can't offer free wifi to the guests when there are a lot of spots outside offering this and a lot of hotels nowadays offer this for guests. In this day and age, free wifi is the norm.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and I am pleased that you have enjoyed the stay with us.

Taking your positive feedback on board, we will be sure to continue to seek for improvement in our effort to create memorable hotel experience for our guests.

We look forward to having another pleasure of welcoming you again in the near future for you to have another memorable stay.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I had a great time in this hotel located on Orchard Road, which is a great place to be in Singapore with lots of shops, restaurants, etc. On check in I asked for a good room as it was my daughter's birthday and I was given a huge family room on the 4th floor with a balcony overlooking Orchard Road. The room was excellent - nice and cool, beds were very comfortable and shower was excellent. Note to maintenance crew - the air conditioning was a bit noisy! The breakfast was well worth the 20SGD with a great selection.

What made my stay so great was the customer service we received from Apple who with her own initiative arranged a compliemntary card, cuddly toy present and birthday cake for my daughter. This was fantastic and really made the day extra special. Thank you Apple and well done Orchard Parade for employing such a great person! Somewhere I will definitely return to

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade on check-in
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for choosing us for your recent stay in Singapore. We have read your comments about the hotel and staff, we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority.

We will take your constructive feedback onboard and find ways for an improvement. We also will be delighted to share your compliments with Apple and I am sure that she will feel the same way too.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

Despite ongoing construction works on the rooms. The management have done well in minimizing Noise pollution. Besides the effort made on the noise pollution. The hotel also offers excellent services from the concierge. They have friendly and vibrant bellman aiding guest.

• Stayed June 2012
KheeSiong, General Manager at Orchard Parade Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your positive feedback here. It was our pleasure to have you as our guests.

We are renovating our rooms for a better guest experience and we apologize for the any inconvenience caused.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you again for another memorable hotel experience in the near future!

Ng Khee Siong

Been to Orchard Parade Hotel by Far East Hospitality? Share your experiences!