“Well located "green" hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road

You added PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road to your Saves list
PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   181 Kitchener Road, Singapore 208533, Singapore (Little India)   |
Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #85 of 300 Hotels in Singapore
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Well located "green" hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Had very good 3 day stay including new year at start of 2014. Club facilities were excellent and very good way to start evening with the cocktails and nibbles. Slightly strange room configuration and air con took some understanding but engineer who came sorted for us. Swimming pool looked inviting but seemed a bit cold so did not try!

Room Tip: Club room facilities are worth considering
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Gary M, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear krobo, my apologies for the delay in responding to you. Thank you for your very positive feedback and I do hope that we will see you again in the future. Regards, Gary Moran.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Stayed twice in a prior to and post cruise. Hotel slightly dated and work on lifts being done whilst there.
First two nights fine but last night we were let down by front desk staff. Should have had king bed + single bed in room when we checked in, however nothing there and the room was smaller than previous checking.

Spoke to front desk who said they could not give us the same size room as previous but would put a single bed in later that day - girl was not very accommodating also.

Upon our return at 11pm, still no single bed so daughter ended up with us in our bed.

Spoke to management about what had happened and girl had sent the single bed to a different room......

Concierge very efficient and helpful

Good shopping centre across the road..

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Gary M, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Dear ebby2222, I was very disapppointed to read of the issues you had with your room upon arrival and the additional single bed. This must have been very frustrating for you. Otherwise I do thank you for your positive comments as regards concierge. Kind regards, Gary Moran.
Mahe Island, Seychelles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I have stayed 2 times at this hotel in 2012. It was simply perfect, Nice friendly staff, Especially the bellboy was very helpful of getting me a taxi fast to go to airport as their were lots people waiting.
Room service keep up the good work..! Reception staff very quick with the check in and very professional.
Will definitely come back again soon..!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Yves_2020, I was so happy to read your review. Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to share your thoughts. I do hope that we will see you again in the future. Regards, Gary Moran.
Darwin, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I booked a family room from 08 January 2014 to 12 January 2014 to suit 2 kids and 2 adults in Park Royal in Kithchener Road. We arrived to the hotel on 09 January early morning around 2 AM with two kids as the flight was delayed. On checking in there was none to pick up our bags to brought into the hotel. So we were all standing outside in the road in securing our baggage. A bell boy came after 25 minutes to take us to the room.

The family room they allocated to us was 1010. As we are very tired, we thought of going to bed straight away but the kids were screaming as cockroaches are running every were along the bedside table, Fridge cupboard and in the beds. Immediately called the service manager and he apologised and sent some one to look whether the allegations are true. After the confirmation, the service manager called me again and said they don't have a similar preferred room I booked right now and told us to adjust in a smaller room for the night alone and later in the day they will provide another room similar what I have booked. Since I have no other option I agreed as the kids are cranky and tired. The keys for the another room 1710 was provided after 20 minutes. When we went into the room, there was no extra bed for the kid and we have to wait for another 15 minutes to set the extra bed and finally we all went to bed after 3.30 am.

We received a note form the Manager that we have to take the option to move to another room (the type of premium room I booked) by 6.00 pm on 09 January, otherwise the room might be allotted to some one. Since we all went into bed very late and we woke up late around 12 noon to find the note in our room. After getting refreshed, we called the service manager we are ready to move to another room and it took another 30 minutes to get the key to be moved to room 0810.

On 11 January, I received a letter from the manager. The letter was very apologetic for the inconvenience caused which further states that a fruit basket and some drink vouchers were enclosed as token for appreciation. Unfortunately there was no vouchers were enclosed and I handed over the letter to the reception to take care of minute things before handing over to the guest.

On 12 January, I went to the reception to settle my account before I check out. Instead of charging me the reduced rate for the small rooms we stayed on 1st day, I was charged for the room I booked Which I did not stayed ($390+tax). When I mentioned to the reception people and to the manager, their response was all rooms have the same rate. They were not worried about all the inconvenience caused to us by providing a cockroach infested room in the first place and they were very cheating us by charging higher rate for staying in a smaller room.

I will never stay with them again in my life for being so rude to us and unfairly charging the guests.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear j_jacob_prince, I was so disapppointed to read your feedback and would ask you to please accept my apologies. I have asked for a full report from my team but I would like to speak to you personally if you would be good enough to send a contact number to my email address - gary.moran@parkroyalhotels.com. Regards, Gary Moran.
New Delhi, Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night only.
The checkin/checkout service was quick. We were upgraded to better room without asking for the same and we loved the room!
Location wise.. its away from the happening orchard street/clarke area.. but just 2 min walk away from the MRT station. So its convenient.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Anuj_Banga, thank you for your positive feedback as regards your stay with us in December. I was pleased to read that we were able to upgrade you which was clearly a nice surprise.It is also good of you to note how convenient everywhere is from this location, with the MRT so close by. Kind regards, Gary Moran.
Bangalore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

My stay at Park Royal on Kitchener Road, Little India in Singapore was a warm & pleasant stay...

In Little India in Singapore it is a very good location... easy access to lot of Indian Restaurants surrounding & For shopping its Mustafa ... the Mega Store...

We just miss that vacation & wanting to go back ....

The view from the upper floor rooms from this hotel is just beautiful ...

If you plan to visit Singapore this place is definitely u can stay in .... :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Gary M, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Vizznu82, I was so happy to read your review of the hotel. Thank you very much for your very kind words. It is so encouraging for the team here to receive such feedback. Thank you for recommending the hotel and I do hope that we will see you again in the future. Regards, Gary Moran.
Seoul, South Korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

We stayed @ Parkroyal on Kitchener Rd from 21 to 27 Dec 2013. Stayed @ deluxe twin room. Location was bang on - across the road from the Farrer Park MRT and near SBS bus stops on Allenby Rd & Serangoon Rd and then Sakya Muni Buddha Gaya Temple on Race Course Rd, although the bus stop @ Allenby Rd was much farther than either Farrer Park MRT & Serangoon Rd bus stop. More on the plus side was the proximity to Little India (the next MRT station) and a stepping off point for the Sriveeramakaliamman Temple (Singapore's oldest) & Tekka Center hawker stalls.
The off-thing bout the hotel was that on directly contacting them, the rate offered (SGD 247) was much higher than the internet rate (SGD 192 plus taxes). Another off-thing was the cost of the breakfast (SGD 20). I would have thought that a buffet breakfast would feature in a rate of SGD 235 which I eventually paid for. But the hotel seems to think otherwise.
The check-in was breezy and the bell desk dropped off our baggage real quick. The room was pleasant on entry and all the bits & pieces fit nicely. The coffee/tea making supplies, the reading lights, lamps, the bath linen.
The off-thing bout the room was the bathroom. The drain was giving off a terrible smell. Housekeeping was both good and bad. On certain days, they just did not put the bath mat in. One thing that do need to change was the bath soap. It is a relic of ages past of the hotels of 90s. In an age when the major chains have migrated to organic brands, it was a put off. Incidentally the best bath soap experience till date has been the Biotique brand used in Fortune Hotels (an ITC brand) with Fiama De Wills (another ITC brand) coming in 2nd.

The elevator access was thoughtful being key card linked meaning you could never go to the wrong floor. The Chances Lounge was a let down. Its laid out well with a separate smokers area, bar stools and sofas but seemed like an old timer joint. Was there on Xmas eve for a couple of beers but was let down by the mournfully slow Cantonese Pop being belted out by the band. I have listened to Cantonese Pop before but these guys were taking the nostalgia far too seriously. Can't say anything bout the Spice Brasserie (multi-cuisine venue for bfast, lunch & dinner) - remember the comp buffet bfast did not come with the reservation.

Room service was a breeze. Not that we ordered much. The best thing was that by day-2 they knew what we wanted (glasses of milk for the kids) even before we asked for it. You may give technology the credit (guest history displays on the computer) but it was a nice touch.

The check-out was smooth and hassle free. All in all a comfy experience

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Gary M, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear JayanNair, thank you so much for such detailed feedback as regards your family stay with us over the Christmas period. I am delighted that overall you were happy with the hotel and I note with appreciation the many positive comments you make. I also thank you for your constructive comments as regards those things which I need to have a look at, which I assure you I will. Thanks again and kind regards, Gary Moran.

Been to PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road? Share your experiences!