“ParkRoyal on Kitchener Rd Singapore” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #92 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
Worongary, Australia
“ParkRoyal on Kitchener Rd Singapore”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights. Check in went smoothly. Minor hiccup. They gave us a room with 2 single beds. But that was sorted with no problems at all. Our room was clean, comfortable, quiet and big enough for my wife and I. Bathroom needs a exhaust fan(if you get my drift).
The staff were very Pleasant and helpful. We had the buffet Breakfast both days, my one complaint about that was some of the "hot" food was cold. But in saying that. You have to try the freshly cooked Omelette.
Our room overlooked looked Mustafa's Centre and Little India markets. The Farrer Park MRT station is only a minutes walk from the hotel. You are across the road from the City Square Mall. Which is very clean and tidy and has some great local and western eateries. My wife said that Gong Cha Bubble tea is maybe the best she has had, and she has had them from all over the world.

My only complaint about Singapore is it is very pricey. Went to Funan Digitalife Mall for a brows. Looked at a video camera and the price was much higher than at home, saw the same camera at 3 more stores in the mall. All different prices and the fluctuated by S$200 from highest to lowest. Then went to Chinatown and it was More expensive out there... So BEWARE and shop around and even if there is a sign saying "fixed price", don't be afraid to haggle a better deal.. Oh yeah got the exact video camera i wanted for the best price of the day. It pays to shop around..

OK Off to KL for 4 days...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Gary M, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear KDFletch,

Thank you for choosing PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road as your preferred accommodation in Singapore.

As you have so rightfully mentioned Singapore is a great place to visit. The hotel is conveniently located close to public transportation so that our guests can enjoy the most of their stay with us.

It is great to hear that the hotel has been able to fulfill your expectations. We are most grateful for your appreciation towards our efforts. Taking your positive feedback on board, we will continuously seek improvement on our current guest experiences.

In closing KDFletch, we look forward to the opportunity of having you stay with us on your next trip to Singapore.

Gary Moran

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
New Delhi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Its a pretty good hotel right next to Mustafa center and infront of the shopping mall. In addition to this, the nearest metro station is just a 2 mins walk across the street..

We stayed in a deluxe room. Room are pretty nicely decorated with all required stuff in the room. Service is always prompt. We requested for a baby cot in the room, which was very comfortable for my 8 month daughter.Staff is very polite, helpful and always willing to extend full support for its customers. Free Wi-fi facility across the hotel is there for all to use.

Food: The buffet b'fast is pretty nicely spread across various cuisines(Indian, Continental etc.). It was tasty and wholesome. Very balanced, I would say.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel because of the exceptional service attitude towards its customers. Location and proximity to public transport also puts this as one of the good hotels to go for on your family vavcation.

Cheers
Varun

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Coolaxe,

In closing Coolaxe, we look forward to the opportunity of having you stay with us on your next trip to Singapore.

Gurgaon, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel few times, last being October end.

Regular travelers know that Singapore has become very expensive now and the SGD INR conversion @ 44-46 kills your budgets. When I first traveled to this lovely city, SGD was 26 INR and till 2010, lovely ones like Swissotel Merchant Court and Intercontinental were available as low as INR 6-7K/ night but not anymore....

So, had to look for other choices. My work is at Clark Quay area so a direct MRT connection works well and that, coupled with easy availability of vegetarian Indian food made me choose this one and I have been quite happy about it. I have paid between 8K-12K per night (depends on the time of the year) and though I feel it is on a higher side, there is very little that one can do about the hotel prices in Singapore at the moment.

The hotel is well located ( In Little India, still on a quieter corner), all the great eateries nearby, offers a nice big room, clean bathroom, free Wi Fi, easy access , nice bar/lounge on ground floor, decent gym, free parking for hotel guests, very nice, smiling and welcoming staff... so no complaints.

It is not great or opulent like Intercon, Pan Pacific, Conrad or some others but absolutely acceptable, convenient and much better than more expensive Park Regis and similar ones in CBD area...Looks like it will become my regular hotel for Singapore travel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hi Sunil_Sapra,

The team at PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road aspires to create memorable hotel experiences for each of our guests and, in this regard, we are grateful for your appreciation towards our efforts.

We definitely look forward to welcoming you again for another memorable hotel experience with us in the near future.

Agra
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Well Singapore in General is very small , but even then you would want to stay in safe and secure area with peace of sleep . Well it provides all of them and clean compared to the area which its located ,

We were upgraded from our Booking , but we dont know what we were suppose to be offered and what we got :) Any how it was good and comfortable

Its very near to Little India and Farer Park Metron runs just opposite . You have City Mall opposite to the Hotel

Cleanliness in good and is expected though , breakfast was not included in my package , so no idea .

Staff are friendly though with some of other fellow passengers faced some problems of early checkin etc or late check out .

We asked for late check out , but they didnt allowed as per Hotel Policy , so thats fine .

I would prefer to go again , but as this is little pricy and value is little less than what should be expected

If travelling with Family , Indian resturants are nearby , Mustafa Shopping Centre or Serangoon Plaza is stone throw away .

But this is Not Singapore , it seems area of little advanced some Indian City ..:)

Enjoy and have fun

Room Tip: Cannot say much ,
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear INDIAOUTSOURCES,

Thank you for sharing with us your feedback about your recent stay at the PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road.

As you have so rightfully mentioned Singapore is a great place to visit. The hotel is conveniently located close to public transportation so that our guest can enjoy the most of their stay with us.

Mustafa Center, which is right next door has an amazing variety of products from Electronics to all types of food from all over the world.

It is great to hear that the hotel has been able to fulfill your expectations. All of us at the hotel want to provide each and every guest with a memorable stay.

In closing INDIAOUTSOURCES, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to the opportunity of having you stay with us on your next trip to Singapore.

Chennai (Madras), India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

The location is a hit with Indian travelers and the hotel seems to believe in ripping them off. I can't believe that singapore can be several times more expensive than shanghai. This hotel charges way too much for a tiny room

• Stayed November 2012
Dear hari0710,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us your experiences while staying at the PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road.

This hotel is in a location which appeals to the majority of our guests. For those guests who would like to have a different experience, we have several hotels in our group, located in Singapore, which I am sure will be able to fulfill your needs.

The hotel is conveniently located in the middle of a wonderful and abundant variety of things to see and eat, which makes it very hard to resist enjoying all that is to offer.

In closing hari0710, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit and we look forward to having you stay with us again should your travels bring you back to Singapore.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed here on a 2 day stop-over to Australia. We arrived in the morning after a long haul flight from UK. The first thing that struck me as we left the taxi was the wonderful aroma of Indian spices.. the same smell that greets me what I shop at my local place for curry ingredients. The hotel is right at the edge of "Little India" part of Singapore and you really notice this.

We arrived at 8:30 am, far earlier than the standard checkin time but the staff took us up to their roof top swimming pool which offers towels and shower facilities too. The pool was wonderful, clean, warm, not busy - the perfect relaxation after a long flight.

We had asked in advance if we could check in early. On the day we were strung along a little by different people telling us different times. First we were told our room is being cleaned and will be ready by 10:00 am. At 10:00 a different lady told us it's not ready yet, come back at 11:00. At 11:00 it was still not ready.. at 12:00 it was ready. I'm not complaining as this is still earlier that the published standard checkin time, but it would have been nice to have a consistent time estimate.

Our room - a family suite with two actual bedrooms - was very spacious and comfortable. Bottled water was supplied - as well as Wifi internet - at no extra charge. No complaints there.

The hotel is right at the edge of "Little India" part of Singapore so perfectly situated to go explore that part of town which gets VERY busy in the evenings. We did not eat at the hotel once since there were so many other local food stops to enjoy.. Indian and Singaporean (and Western in the more clinical atmosphere of the shopping arcade opposite the hotel)

Location-wise, you can use taxis or the underground mass rapid transport system near the hotel to take you to all the key attractions, or can you walk down the main streets to places like Raffles and even further on to China Town if you have the legs for it. A tip.. if you flew in with Singapore Airlines you get a great discount on the Singapore Airlines hop-on-hop-off sight seeing bus. There's also an amphibian vehicle tour - we used all of the above and they were all good. If I were going this trip again, now that I know Singapore a little better, I would look more closely at the hotels nearer to Raffles of the Singapore Flyer - however I may not wish to pay their prices :-)

All in all I was very happy with this stop-over stay

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear PatrickInUk,

Thank you for sharing your memorable experience during your recent stay at PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road. I have taken the liberty to share your comments concerning with my team as they try their hardest to make each and every guest stay a memorable one and always appreciate such feedback.

Having the convenience of so many things on our doorstep has made staying at the hotel the right choice for many travelers to Singapore and we see a lot of travelers returning to stay with us for the same reason

It is great to hear that the hotel has been able to fulfill your expectations. All of us at the hotel strive to provide each and every guest a memorable stay.

In closing PatrickInUk, I would like to once again thank you for your warm compliments and we look forward to the opportunity to have you stay with us again on your next visit to Singapore.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

My check in experience was wonderful. There was a long queue during check in and the guest service officer stopped by and inquire whether we were checking in. Seeing the long queue, she decided to lead us to the Orchid Lounge upstairs to check in. The orchid lounge was comfortable with free complimentary drink while waiting for my check in process to be done. I was given an upgrade, and my room was very new, spacious, quiet and comfortable. The downside of it is that the lifts were a bit slow, otherwise everything was good. I love the long bath. Opposite this hotel is a shopping complex where you can find everything there. Next to the hotel, there is also a famous Indian restaurant that is a must go. The location is excellent as it is at Little India and also a few MRT stops away, we can go to Bugis Junction. At night, the area is quite happening with entertainment. Great hotel if you want to be near the good bargains at Little India!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear MiinHway F,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guests and I am pleased to learn that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

Gary Moran

Been to PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road? Share your experiences!