“Excellent place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Naumi Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   41 Seah Street, Singapore 188396, Singapore   |
Ranked #18 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2010

Probably one of the most comfortable beds I've ever stayed in, friendly staff, good location and one of the nicest pools in Singapore - an infinity pool on the 10th floor looking over Singapore.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Naumi-Team, Hotel Manager at Naumi Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2010
Many thanks MikeyMike for your review.

I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay & especially loved the comfortable beds & the magnificent pool view.

Great to hear that you appreciated the friendly service & the good location was favorable to you too.

The team hopes to see you back soon & our best wishes to you.

Hament Rai.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Aberdeen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2010

On arrival we were upraded to a luxury suite, which was n amazing last few nights to our holiday. The night before we had treated ourselves to a night in the Shangri-La hotel, which was nice, but Naumi just suited us so much more. Our luxury suite was beautifully lighted and so big, with great ammenities. The pool on the roof is perfectly sized for a quick cool down, and the view from up there is out of this world, especially at night (photo attached). The staff were always on hand, and delivered lovely cocktails to us by the pool. We checked out by noon, but our flight was not until 11pm. We were given he luxury suite again to freshen up before our long trip home. I have stayed in a few of the best hotels in the world, and this is high up as one of the best I have stayed in yet. The hotel is right beside Raffles Hotel and close the boat and clarke quay, and Bugis. Perfect for shoping, sight seeing, eating and drinking. Oh and definetely the best bed I have ever slept in.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Naumi-Team, Hotel Manager at Naumi Hotel, responded to this review, February 16, 2010
Hello Sara

Thanks for your support and your review. I am happy that my team was able to make the last leg of your holiday a lasting one.

It is a pleasure to read that the spacious suite & its amenities (especially the comfortable bed) were to your liking. Very glad to know that you loved the magnificent view from the infinity pool & had time to chill out there. It is truly breathtaking at night.

Many thanks again for taking the time to give us your thoughts & the compliments.

We hope to see you back soon & wish you the best.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2010

I chose to stay at the Naumi as an alternative to the larger chain hotels that I usually use in Singapore and it's location was perfect for me. As it's still a new hotel a lot of the taxi drivers don't know it by name, but it's next to the Raffles and Seah St is well known so you shouldn't have any problems finding it.

I arrived at around 7pm, the reception area is very relaxed but I was checked in very quickly. I had booked a Studio room (the smallest type they have here) and was taken straight to my room on the 7th floor. The room was very large and airy, they've retained the old wooden floor but everything else is very modern. Huge flat screen Samsung TV, and a large desk, by the window, that is next to the bed. The bathroom is in the corner and they supply Kiehl's products for you to use.

It makes a refreshing change for a hotel not to be trying to charge you extra for everything they offer, in the Naumi it's actually quite difficult to run up any additional charges as most things are included in your price. Free wi-fi internet (there's also a lan cable socket for those that aren't wi-fi enabled yet), free local calls (very useful, and saved a fortune on my mobile phone bill) free soft drinks in the mini-bar and plenty of space if you want to bring your own alcohol and leave it in the fridge.

The staff on reception were very helpful and will answer (or find someone that can answer) pretty much any question you might have about the city. Even the night security guard went out of his way to find out where I could find a pharmacy that was open at 4am (picked up a bit of a sore throat on the flight over) !!

The rooftop pool is definitely the stand out feature of this hotel, and I spent a few afternoons lounging by the infinity pool (not particularly large, but long enough to do some laps) enjoying the great view of the city skyline.

A lot of my local friends had heard of the Naumi and they all wanted to come over to take a look. One of them had even booked the roof area for an evening birthday party, which meant the pool closed at 6pm.

Overall, I'd highly recommend this hotel to anyone. A refreshing change from the other giant hotels in Singapore. A great location, equidistant between the CBD and Orchard Road and a few minutes walk from City Hall MRT station. There are plenty of great places to eat within a few minutes walk, the adjacent road , Purvis Street ihas some particularly nice food spots.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Naumi-Team, Hotel Manager at Naumi Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2010
Hello Blackheathbloke from London.

Warm greetings from Naumi Singapore. Many thanks for taking the time to give us your review on your stay.

I am very delighted that you had a memorable stay and found our location to be perfect & the room facilities to your liking. You are indeed spot on about having the amenities & services included thus adding valuable saving to your stay. Thank you very much for mentioning that.

I was even more so happy to hear that the team went out of their way to assist you. I am very proud of the team for doing so.

Thank you once again for your support & we do look forward to seeing you back soon.

Have a great 2010 ahead.

Hong Kong
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2010

Big disappointment- what I am sure was a funky hotel a few years ago now seems a bit shoddy and neglected. Our room looked like it had been given a very superficial servicing (e.g. clearly a child had stayed there at some stage and the menu/hotel information was covered in scribbles), the doors and walls were battered and looked like they could do with a re-paint and the food served by room service was horrible. But the real "winner" probably came when we discovered suspicious brown stains on a 'clean' towel and were told by blank-faced management that it wasn't anything to do with them as the towels are serviced by a contractor. An unbelievable approach to customer service.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Pattyhewes

Please allow me take this opportunity to extend my sincerest apologies as we were not able to meet expectations. Clearly it seems you got the short end of the stick during your stay.

I thank you for honest feedback & please be assured I will look into the matters highlighted.

I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to make amends and wish the best for 2010 ahead.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2009

Naumi is a great choice for those who like modern hotels. It's clean, well designed, and provides great amenities. The rooms are so comfortable with all the thoughtful touches, such as nespresso machines, plates, and cutlery. The internet is free! The only downside is the breakfast which was extremely lame in comparison to other 5 star hotels.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Naumi-Team, Hotel Manager at Naumi Hotel, responded to this review, December 7, 2009
Hi Santonle.

Thank you for your support & taking the time to give your review.

I am happy that you liked the modern design of the hotel and appreciated the thoughtful touches to make your stay more comfortable and feel at home.

I really am sorry that our breakfast spread was not your liking. Like our design we do it differently by having a very healthy selections which sometimes not everyone's preferred palate. We will endeavor to enhance it.

Hope to see back soon.

Hament.
Lanarkshire, Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2009

We stayed here for 6 nights after spending a week in Langkawi (check Casa del Mar review). The hotel is in a great location close to Raffles, shopping, metro, quay's etc etc. We stayed in a deluxe room and this was excellent more like a suite with separate bedroom, bathroom, lounge and kitchen area. Liked the espresso machine touch and the free soft drinks in the fridge. Two great flat screen tv's and a lovely bathroom.
The hotel also has a rooftop pool which although small is perfect for a late afternoon dip with sun loungers and what a view across the city skyline.
Singapore is easy to get around with metro taking you to most areas buy the three day tourist ticket well worth it. Taxi's are pretty cheap and very easy to find and worth using at night. Also used the tourist bus one day which was worthwhile. Visit Robertson quay rather than Clarke quay better places to eat and drink and not as expensive as clarke quay which is tourist central. Also try the City Space bar 70th floor of Swissotel which is 2 mins from Naumi what a view.
Overall a great time in Singapore and the hotel is a great base to stay.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear TheGrimesReview.

Thank you for the 6 nights support, greatly appreciated.

I am glad that you found the location to your favour and also loved the room & its amenities; especially the nespresso machine.

We are happy that you had a great time in Singapore & hope to see you back soon.

Hament.
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2009

My cousin booked a room at this hotel as a wedding gift last October 2009.

Upon hearing the good news my wife and I decided why not hold our solemnization rites on our hotel room, thankfully the staff of Naumi were very accommodating on my request to rearrange the living room for solemnization, because I’ve heard that they cater for such kind or requests.

On the wedding day upon arriving at the hotel, the Naumi aide immediately handed over the key cards and escorted us directly to our room. When we entered the room the staff asked me to check what they have prepared on the living room area. They rearranged the area and placed the table on the middle and scattered rose petals all over the place.
They have arranged the place in a manner that it is simple, romantic yet sophisticated.
I will give them “Two Thumbs Up for that”

The room is spacious and has a modern feeling, and the king size bed is very soft indeed. The bathroom is so elegant and the shower area has a built in sauna, and the tub is big enough to fit two people sitting on each side.

The mini bar has a microwave oven, nespresso, fully equipped with wine glasses to spoon and forks, at the bottom part of the bar is a wine chiller that I think can hold around 9 bottles of wine.

When our guests entered the room, all that I can hear is “Oh My God” “WOW” “AMAZING” which made me feel good.

After our solemnization we went to the rooftop for a picture taking. We were so amazed and I have no doubt that it has the best view of Singapore. It has an infinity pool and lounge chairs where you can relax while looking at the fantastic view of the city skyline. It is very irresistible to take photos on the rooftop.

After a very long day we have accommodated more than 20 guests on our suite, I’m very thankful to the very spacious living room.

My wife and I were very thankful to my cousin for sponsoring this luxury suite, and as well as the very accommodating staff of Naumi for adding your personal touch of luxury which have exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Naumi-Team, Hotel Manager at Naumi Hotel, responded to this review, November 16, 2009
Hi Pao_888

WOW !! You have made my day. Thank you.

Thank you & your cousin for the support of Naumi, Thank you for the kind words, Thank you Naumi Team for the wonderful experience & hospitality extended.

We will of course look forward to seeing your wife & you back on the anniversary .. never too early to plan ahead ;-)

Congratulations to your wife & you.

Hament

Been to Naumi Hotel? Share your experiences!