“Great Singapore Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 290 hotels in Singapore
Geneva, Switzerland
“Great Singapore Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Stayed at the Naumi while attending a 3 day conference in nearby Suntec. Very glad I stayed here. Small and comfortable hotel. Attentive service. Staff went out of their way to help. Lovely roof terrace at night. Rooms are efficient and comfortable. Beds and bedding very comfortable. Rooms on back side of hotel were quiet.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Damian T, General Manager at Naumi Hotel, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Dear window_seat0,

Thank you for your review and the positive affirmation of our service and facilities. It delights us to know you had a great stay in Singapore by choosing Naumi on your recent business trip. We look forward to your return soon and staying at Naumi again.

804 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

This hotel is, in every way, a secret treasure. I've read with great interest the mixed reviews, and can only add my own view - and this is exceptional. If looking for a hotel chain, this is not for you. If after a city centre oasis, with personal attentive service, great facilities and a creative vibe, this hits the bulls eye.

With a 27 hour Singapore layover from Europe to Australia I wanted something a) accessible b) restful c) with amenities where I could work, yet step outside the door for 'action' and d) a spectacular pool. Tick, tick, tick.

I had an airport transfer, so was met at the gate and fifty minutes later I was checked in, sitting by an incredible infinity view overlooking colonial rooftops, sipping a banana smoothie. True, it was raining, but after 20 hours travel and needing fresh air, I sat poolside in my fluffy bathrobe and sunglasses soaking up (literally) the wet, balmy air. The staff didn't blink an eyelid and room service (called form the bar) even delivered my dinner up to the pool.

The hotel opened last month, so I can put the negative reviews down to genuine problems that look like they have been fixed by the time I arrived (who doesn't have teething problems?). FRom the outside, you would never know what's inside.... obscured by a metal grill with a small doorway, it's hard to detect. But inside, the smell met me first (that gorgeous lemongrass aroma), the lift is a frosted glass that changed colour (calming pastel colours), and then there are the rooms.

You MUST have reception give you the room orientation! Yes, the rooms are small, but wow, have they been clever. A bar slides out from the wall, yoga mat, umbrella, ironing under the bed in draws, a marble island is both bar and vanity, 'magic glass' turns the shower from transparent to opaque, the leather desk folds back with phone plugs - it could be squishy for 2 but for one it was just perfect in every way. (super fast wifi so got my work done on a bright, airy space). IKEA - in luxe.

Bed - Über comfy, liked being able to raise the blinds with the button next to me bed (ask for a higher room for a better view.)

The pool. This is the best bit of the hotel. Funky lounges, cool music, and a 280 IMAX view of the skyline. It's pocket size, so feels intimate - not a MBS mega-pool-complex.

Lastly - the service was great. Ira the receptionist was calling me by name instantly and 'V' was waiting whenever I arrived from the street with an umbrella. Leaving, TWO staff shielded me with umbrellas going to the car (overkill) then waved me off. Remember I was only there for 27 hours, was not a long guest, and slightly frazzled (work stuff to do in transit, jet lagged). Yet they ticked my accessible/easy/pool criteria and I left refreshed.

I will now always try to do a Singapore transit to break that flight - and now have the perfect retreat. The only addition I would make is hot chocolate at breakfast (not a coffee or tea drinker). That's pretty much it.

Not a regular contributor to tripadvisor, hope this helps!

Room Tip: Habitat rooms - go high for the best view, surrounding buildings are lower, so high rooms gets clear...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear goflip,

Thank you for taking time to write such a detailed and positive review for us. The team appreciates your generous compliments and its very encouraging for us to read such compliments which will spur us to constantly improve on our service even further.

A lot of thoughts on how to improve our facilities and rooms for the comfort and enjoyment of our guests have been put in during the renovation phase. We are glad that this has bore fruit and translated into a prefect retreat for you.

You would be delighted to know that although we do not have hot chocolate on our menu, we do now provide hot chocolate on request during breakfast.

Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us and we hope it won’t be long before we see you again at Naumi!

Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

After a renovation that literally halved the size of their rooms ( which they omit to tell you on any booking sites ) I found the rooms so small that when I had my laptop at my desk, the only place room service could place my tray was on the bed... No room for any other table or chair.

The toilet was broken and ran constantly every day and while the hotel prides itself on its new mod-con lighting and clever design, they fail to realize they are not the first... Many hotels have done it before... Hotel Naumi is just catching up! I could have (and should have) stayed as usual at Hotel Forte Canning for a better experience for the same price.

Breakfast was a farce for the price of this hotel... Too many staff loitering around watching my every move. No tomato sauce, no choice of fresh juices, portion controlled yoghurt sand very limited cereals and choices generally. Shame they serve potato roestis from a frozen packet and not home made.

But what I just don't get, is a staff member who when I go to the buffet for breakfast, hands me a fresh plate... I believed I had the mental and physical capacity to get my own plate but when I reached for it. A staff member got in the way to grab me a plate... Not once... Every time... Just not needed nor wanted... Back away and when I ask for something I will tell you (like the tomato sauce I asked for (every day)).

My days at Naumi are well and truly over.... It used to be great at rooms twice the size... Even though service is generally a let down. But now... No more. I felt like it was a rip off for 5 star prices at a 4 star property with 3 star and poorly trained staff.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Damian T, General Manager at Naumi Hotel, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear Cchait,

Thank you for your time in writing the review. I am concern that you did not enjoy your stay and apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Your comments have been noted and will look into ways on improving our guest experience further.

While the rooms are smaller after the renovation, the rooms are of reasonable size comparable to many other hotels. We have made more efficient use of space and are mindful of not compromising our guest experience and comfort.

We are also continuously looking for ways to improve the variety offered at breakfast. Our yogurt are served in shot glasses for hygiene purposes and we do not limit the number of glasses that our guests can consume.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I stayed in Habitat Room for this business trip and honestly amazed with Naumi Hotel Singapore.
Design, service, the foods, the drinks, location, concept etc was satisfied me so much.
You can enjoy Naumi also at night, do not hurry to sleep but it's must try thing in Naumi, have some drinks on the rooftop pool, it kind beautiful, enjoy it with your loves one or some friends, even if you want to hang or walk around, the locations is near with some cool places such as Chijmes, Raffles & Esplanade etc

Room Tip: Choose the bigger room for get your own bathtub, or if you come with some friends
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Deluxshionist,

Thank you for your wonderful review! I am delighted that everything at Naumi has satisfied you so much and had amazed you. It never satisfies us more than seeing our guests being satisfied as what you had experienced. We look forward to welcoming you back at Naumi for your next trip, be it for business or leisure.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

My fiancée booked the habitat room with Naumi Hotel for our birthday. The first thought that came when she told me about the booking was 'boutique hotel?not again.....' as we had a bad experience during our stay at one of the boutique hotel in Singapore early this year.Upon checking in,i felt a thorough calmness and peacefulness as the tranquillity music was played in the lobby and walkway.The staffs and services...amazing!were they born customer oriented originally?because they are perfect in customer delivery,each and everyone of them.The bed made me sink in them not wanting to wake up the next morning,or I should say I didn't want to come out from bed.The pull out bar,was awesome.The rooftop pool,i felt as though it was my own personal pool,unlike MBS which I think is more like a swimming complex,crowded and noisy...somehow later I will surely come back and will always recommend my colleagues n friends

Room Tip: ANDY WARHOL room which comes with a Jacuzzi pool.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Damian T, General Manager at Naumi Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear sdzfrnrtk,

Happy birthday from all of us at Naumi. Thank you for recognising our service standards and facilities that have provided you with an extraordinary experience staying with us. We are heartened that we have made a positive change on your perception of boutique hotels and appreciate your support in recommending Naumi to your colleagues and friends. Hope it won’t be long till we see you back here at Naumi again!

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Incredibly nice and comfortable. Stayed in the Habitat room. Room size is reasonable by singapore standards. Very friendly recep, checked in and she personally brought me up to introduce the room. Clean and modern design. Beautiful infinity pool at the top, would be great if there was a bar there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Damian T, General Manager at Naumi Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Dear Pocky_11,

Thank you for your review. I’m delighted you had such a wonderful stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you back again at Naumi, your home away from home!

Ballarat, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We where on our honeymoon and our first stop was Singapore, where we stayed at Naumi. It was amazing. The staff where so so friendly and helpful, we couldn't have asked for more from them. The rooms where amazing and the entire place was always spotless.
The food was fantastic and all the facilities where great.
We then went on to stay at the Marina Bay Sands for a night. It was very crowded, not personable and staff where too busy to assist like the service we got at Naumi.
Highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ashleigh D,

Thank you for your time to write us a review despite you being busy on your honeymoon. It always warms our hearts to read such positive reviews like yours and encourages us to continue to strive for excellence in our services and being the preferred hotel for our guests. We are glad to have made your honeymoon a memorable one by having an amazing stay with us. All of us at Naumi wishes you an ever blissful marriage with many lovely moments to treasure and cherish for a lifetime! Thank you for highly recommending us and we look forward to having you back with us during your next trip to Singapore.

Hotel Manager

Been to Naumi Hotel? Share your experiences!