“I thought good Singapore hotels were meant to be expensive?” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre

You added Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11 Cavenagh Road, Singapore 229616, Singapore (Orchard Road)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Members Exclusive:25% Off
Ranked #26 of 301 Hotels in Singapore
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Perth Australia
“I thought good Singapore hotels were meant to be expensive?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

This place is fantastic. You feel very relaxed there. Pool area is comfortable, It's about 40 meters from the main shopping district of Orchard road. There are some fantastic places to eat just near by. If you get a room on the south side (facing the city) the views are great. The 'business' rooms are also very comfortable. It has one of the most pleasant business centres I've been in. Resturant and room service is pricy, but the food near by is so much better and cheaper why would you want to eat in the hotel?
I've stayed there 3 times and each time I've not paid more than $180 (au) per night. My last stay (in Sept) I paid $100 with a deal through Priority club. Who say's nice, room Singapore hoels are expensive?

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

I was staying there in June when the hotel was still under renovation. Nevertheles, this Holiday Inn (which I didn't have much of an expection of, to be frank) surprised me. The reception greeted me as a Priority Gold member, and I had a very nice room with a good view. Loved the iPod stereo hook-up! The room isn't very big, but all the amenitiess were there. Location-wise it was perfect - near Orchard Rd and a bunch of late-nite massage places, which was great since I have trouble sleeping due to my shoulder pains, and I found a Chinese sifu who could undo the knots in my neck for me. It's reasonably priced and overall a very good stay. I'd go back again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

I just stayed at the Holiday Inn Park View in Singapore for 2nights and I really enjoyed the new renovated rooms. I was lucky enough to be upgraded to a club room. After reading the reviews I knew to ask to a room away from the renovations and the staff were very accommodating, The room was very modern with flat screen TV, desk area, big window overlooking a park and the service was excellent, very friendly and efficient. They couldn't do any more to help.
The hotel is still under renovation and you need to be prepared for the lobby area as it's quite small as most of it is still hidden. The breakfast restaurant is a big gloomy downstairs with no windows and the food is ok similar to other 4 stars hotels.
The location is very good, 5mn from busy Orchard road. The pool area is really nice. Overall a very pleasant stay,

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Rosyth,Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2009

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times on business and had absolutely no complaints.
This time I took my wife on vacation - again the hotel surpassed it's self in service.
A lovely clean room (recently refurbished) and very comnfortable beds.
Daily room service was very thorough, always asking if there was anything else they could do.
My wife and I were very impressed when they sent a card, bottle of wine and a souvenir gift on my birthday - which occured during our stay.
A very well located hotel and we do reccomend the in house Tandoor restaurant - excellent!
The ongoing renovations are nearly complete and will make this an excelllent hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2009

Hotel location is pretty good, short walking distance to major shopping, Orchard Road.
Hotel staff is incredible, we arrived early in the morning, our room was not ready yet, but the receptionist lady gave us complimentary buffet breakfast. We were told the hotel is under some renovating job, so we will be expecting some noise during the day. After had our breakfast, still our room not ready yet, so we decide to stroll around Orchard Road, back to the hotel in the afternoon, the lady informed us that the hotel manager offer us free upgrade to executive room because they can't find room with 2 DBs as our request. :) seems like our lucky day !!
Our stayed was fantastic, this hotel is still value for money especially if you travel with kids, finding hotel that allowed 2 Children in one room, is quite hard in S'pore if you are budget wise like me. For sure, i will stay at this hotel again for my trip to Singapore.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
Jakarta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

My husband had to travel to Singapore for a medical procedure (we live in Jakarta) and I was extremely anxious about where he spent his recovery time before he had to travel home as I was unable to spend the entire stay with him. After careful online research, I selected the Holiday Inn Parkview based on the Club Room services and access to StarCricket (my husband HAD to watch the Ashes while bed-ridden ;-) ). After experiencing the level of service and facilities, I am confident that I simply could not have made a better choice.
From the moment the front door staff ever-so carefully assisted him out of the taxi (and into a wheelchair they provided), I knew he was in good hands! The front desk team was genuinely friendly, fast, organized and very proactive- and they checked in on him regularly after I left out of their own concern. The spacious rooms were perfectly equipped for a room-bound guest: the TV, DVD player and Internet access kept him entertained and occupied, and the dreamy bed and accessible bathroom made sure he was kept comfortable and safe. The room staff kept the room spotless, and the clean shirts and extra pillows were very appreciated. His mobility was limited, but he still needed to take a break from being in the room, so having the Club lounge close-by was the biggest bonus. ...again- pls let me go on about the staff! I am so personally grateful for the care they took to assist him with the breakfast buffet and the evening cocktails. Top notch!
While I cannot comment on the other facilities, I am sure they are up to scrutiny, and the reported construction was of absolutely no disturbance to us.
The location, just off Orchard, is perfect . A <5min walk yielded all I could need to load him up with extras before I left- and do a bit of personal shopping.
I realize that our category of tourism is rather niche, but I would not hesitate to recommend the Holiday Inn Parkview for any type of travel. We will certainly be back! (better circumstances next time)

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
leicester UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

My husband, myself and our 2 young children stayed here en-route to Australia earlier this year. The day after our arrival, our youngest daughter (8 months) took ill which we put down to the heat and humidity. The night before we were flying out to Australia she took a turn for the worse, the doctor was called (they arrived within 10 mins) she was taken into hospital with Gastroentoritis. (she was admitted and in her room and on a drip within the hour). I called the hotel to explain we would need to extend our stay for another 2 nights at least. It was no problem at all, the staff bought us a card and pesents for the baby and never charged us for the extra 2 nightsor the late check out on our departure day. I hasten to add that my daughters illness was nothing to do with the hotel or the country! Absolutely fabulous, and the manageress came to our room prior to our departure to present us with a framed photograph that had been taken of our daughters (with our consent). Both myself and my husband felt completely humbled by the staff and their generosity and would whole heartedly recommend this hotel to everyone. In fact we are staying there again in December when we emigrate to Australia.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre? Share your experiences!