I stayed here for 3 nights on a work trip. I had a good room with access to the business lounge which was a great place to relax with a coffee and get some work done, or meet with my colleagues to discuss work plans. I was on the third floor with a view across the motorway to the park. I was pleasantly surprised at how little noise I could hear from the always busy roadway and I had good sleep on each night.
The staff were very friendly and helpful, checkin was quick and easy and I was allowed a very late checkout. The hotel is well located, a short walk to orchard road for shopping, access to buses and MRT, and short taxi ride into city or to the marina.
The hotel has recently changed names and some taxi drivers are not sure where it is but I found if I said "holiday inn near Cuppage Plaza" they knew exactly where to go! Cuppage Plaza is a well known shopping plaza that is right next door to the hotel. The attached Cuppage Terrace has a numbers of bars and restaurants that are very popular particularly on Friday and Saturday nights. I prefered to eat at the smaller locals restaurants in Cuppage Plaza or the hawker style food a few streets away. But cuppage terrace was a good spot to grab a beer late in the evening after a long day of meetings. Cuppage terrace is especially good if you don't like the karaoke style singing that happened in the downstairs bar at the hotel each night of my stay, or if you just want a more lively atmosphere.
My only issue with the hotel was that I requested a non-smoking room and the room I was given clearly was a smoking room, despite the no smoking signs, you could always smell smoke in the room. If it was non-smoking it had only just been changed from smoking to non-smoking! I wasn't bothered so much to ask to change rooms, but if you really mind make sure you request non-smoking and check that the smoking status hasn't recently changed for the room you are given. Despite this, I would stay here again. The facilities and location made it a great stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre, formerly Holiday Inn Park View Singapore, in the heart of downtown Singapore! Whether for business or leisure, our central location is 10minutes away from the central business district and a convenient 2minute walk away from the shoppers’ paradise, Orchard Road. Public transport is just 3minutes away, providing easy access to the city's cultural heritage and tourist attractions like Chinatown, Little India, Sentosa and the Night Safari. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre Hotel Singapore
- Holiday Inn Park View Singapore
- Singapore Holiday Inn