The lobby of this hotel is very impressive as you walk in, and the staff who greeted us at the door were extremely friendly. Unfortunately the lady who checked us in was not friendly at all which completely ruined our first impression. She went through all the usual formalities, and then just told us to have a seat and wait. No explanation was given as to why we had to wait, but we politely took a seat anyway. After a while, she came over to us and said that because of the festive season (our stay was on New Years Eve) that they no longer had our room available that we had pre-booked. We had booked an executive room with two double beds as were were travelling with two children. Instead we were offered a room with only one king bed in it. I understood that these things happen, and reluctantly accepted the room but insisted we also be supplied with a rollaway bed free of charge. She didn't supply us with any information about the executive club - eg where it was, what was included etc.... so I needed to go back and ask for this information later. The room itself was nice and clean, and we were situated on the same level as the pool and gym area. The pool area was also nice on the rooftop. We visited the executive lounge several times where high tea was served between 2-4pm each day, and then cocktails and horderves between 6-8pm - all of which was complimentary. The staff in the lounge were excellent, and the amount of food in the evening cocktail time was alsmost enough to not warrant eating any dinner! We chose to have our breakfast in the main restaurant (other option was the executive lounge), and the breakfast was nice also. With our incorrect room we didn't have the greatest night sleep (with 3 of us sharing one bed), so the following morning we went back down to reception. This time we were served by an outstanding member of staff who apologised for the error with our room, and offered to change us to a room with two double beds for our second night. He asked us to pack up our luggage, and when a room was ready, another member of staff came and transferred us and our luggage to our new room. The reason I have still rated this hotel four stars is that it really was an exceptional property - it's just a shame that one member of staff tarnished our first impression of this property, but apart from that, I couldn't fault it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre, formerly Holiday Inn Park View Singapore, in the heart of downtown Singapore! Whether for business or leisure, our central location is 10minutes away from the central business district and a convenient 2minute walk away from the shoppers’ paradise, Orchard Road. Public transport is just 3minutes away, providing easy access to the city's cultural heritage and tourist attractions like Chinatown, Little India, Sentosa and the Night Safari. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre Hotel Singapore
- Holiday Inn Park View Singapore
- Singapore Holiday Inn