My fiance and I spent over a week staying with Holiday Inn Orchard City Centre based on their reputation from individual reviews and also the fantastic location it is in. I have had a fantastic stay at Holiday Inn Orchard City Centre through the standards of the rooms (maintenance and facilities) and hotel itself is located within walking distance to the shopping haven (Orchard Rd).
* Location: Within walking distance to Orchard Rd and a variety of different restaurants and cafes. There is a laundry service at the shopping plaza next to the hotel, there's a lovely old couple that run it- $12= 3 kegs of washing, dry and fold only. It was all done that day too! There are great food restaurants around the hotel too, especially 24hr Indian and Wonton Noodles!
* Room service is pretty good- the service provided (professionalism of Room Service staff and efficiency) was excellent. We ordered room service a couple of times and the quality of the food was great! We specially loved your club sandwich- the best we've had to date.
*Loved your king size bed and selection of pillows provided to guests.
*The rooms are maintained in an excellent way, throughout our stay of over a week, the maintenance staff always tidied our rooms to a good standard and topped up the amenities, which contributed to a pleasant stay.
*Ironing boards and irons- thank you! one of my NEEDS everywhere I go.
*Clothes line available
* Very nice pool and facilities upstairs.
* Newspaper every day
*A $450 deposit is asked for even though you paid and confirmed the room 8 months ago. It would have been nice to have been told that beforehand on a receipt (which I never got from my online payment) or an email stating that so we knew. A smaller deposit would be nicer even though you get it back at the end of your stay.
*The lady who checked us in did not mention FREE WiFI in the lobby during our check in, we were under the assumption you have to pay for your wifi in order to get any internet. $32 a day is too much to ask for, that's the amount I pay for a MONTH at home. We only got told by one of the other staff 3 days later, he was really friendly and let us know of the Free WIFI in the lobby.
*Mini Bar did not get restocked.
* Hair dryer doesn't plug into the bathroom sockets
* Phone directory doesn't list international codes- theres no point of having it if it doesn't help us especially the tourist.
* The staff at the front never offered to help out with luggages, we were lugging quite a few bags and never opened the door for us when we initially got there.
Overall, we've had a pleasant stay at Holiday Inn Orchard City Centre and would recommend this hotel to anyone else and would love to come back to stay.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre Hotel Singapore
- Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre Hotel
- Holiday Inn Singapore
- Holiday Inn Park View Singapore
- Singapore Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre, formerly Holiday Inn Park View Singapore, in the heart of downtown Singapore! Whether for business or leisure, our central location is 10minutes away from the central business district and a convenient 2minute walk away from the shoppers’ paradise, Orchard Road. Public transport is just 3minutes away, providing easy access to the city's cultural heritage and tourist attractions like Chinatown, Little India, Sentosa and the Night Safari. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, IHG, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.