“Comfortable, Chic and Central” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #26 of 293 Hotels in Singapore
Suffolk
“Comfortable, Chic and Central”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2010

In short, this hotel is what you would expect of a Hyatt. If you have a competitive price on offer then go for it, I know sometimes it can be expensive; perhaps the only understandable flaw to this hotel.
The only negative was probably the building work that was taking place outside the hotel, but I dont think that was anything to do with the hotel; plus it was only cosmetic, and no effect on the stay at all.

The good points are as follows:

Room:
- Bed is very, very comfortable
- It is chic, modern and well designed
- It has really good tv, radio and speaker facilities
- lots of desk space for business and stuff

Bathroom:
- Nice marble decor
- BIG bath
- Speakers feed through, so you can sing a bit in the shower, or on the throne!

Service:
- Friendly
- Punctual
- Makes you feel like an individual, not just another customer
- great help with taxis, bars, food etc

Location:
- Central; in the heart of Singapore!!

If you get a good price, go. It is a fantastic hotel and provides everything you want/need for holiday/ business.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Batangas City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

The best point about Grand Hyatt Singapore is its location near the junction of Scotts & Orchard Road. The MRT is a short walk away and so are the numerous shopping options on Orchard such as Ion, Tangs, Wheelock Place, etc. Dining options also abound for all price levels, be it budget options at food courts or buffet restaurants at the various hotels.

Service was excellent and prompt. The first time I stayed, one of the reception staff assisted me practically all the way from the driveway as I got off my taxi, through the check-in process and upto the elevator. The Straits Kitchen restaurant also has attentive staff. I find though that the call to the room just as you arrive to check whether the room is upto your liking/comfort level is a bit overdoing it. I suppose such calls are meant to consider those customers who don't actively complain/provide feedback.

I've stayed a couple of occassions at the new wing and the rooms are large, clean and well equipped. There is an LCD TV, a large work desk with telescopic reading lamp and a comfortable swivel chair, lounge chair with ottoman, minibar, coffee and tea making facilities as well as an in room safe. There are also more phones than I care to have (A main unit on the work desk, which is a cordless handset on its base unit, a corded phone at each side of the bed and another one in the toilet stall). The large bathroom has a vanity mirror and separate toilet, bath and shower stalls and the closet is accesible from the bathroom as well as from the bedroom.

While I don't really think the breakfast gives good value, each night I find that the Straits Kitchen Restaurant is teeming with people. Haven't tried the buffet myself but apparently its very popular.

The Grand Hyatt is certainly not a hotel for those on a budget though. The service and amenities do come at a price. I'd possibly have second thoughts on staying here if I were to pay out of my own pocket, except maybe for an occasional splurge or a special occasion. On business however, certainly the Grand Hyatt is highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Hamilton New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

I stayed with my wife, 2 children aged 5 and 7, Mother, Father, Mother in Law, Sister in law, Brother in Law and Nephew from 4.4.2010 to 14.4.2010 to celebrate my Mother in Law's 60th Birthday.
I booked 3 Grand king rooms with Pool View. Got 40%off list price as I booked 6 weeks in advance.

The rooms were quite large and spacious. Photos in their website is what you get.

Everyone was most polite and courteous, check in took less than 5 minutes. Luggage whisked away to rooms without fuss.
In the Middle of Orchard Road Shopping. 1 min walk to Isetan, Tang and MRT

We are from Chennai, India but live in New Zealand. The food was Fabulous. Breakfast buffet and Dinner were fantastic. Both South Indian and North indian fare available amongst a cornucopia of Asian and Continental cuisine. Many Many Vegetarian Options for all meals.

I had Medu vadai and Sambar everyday for breakfast with Iddly's and excellent coconut chutney.

I also had the pleasure of having the "best" Palak Paneer I have ever eaten in my life.

There was an elderly gent called "Henry" at breakfast time who had lots of fun looking out for my demonic children. Everyone else there was also very friendly towards children.

I did a lot of research (much of it on Trip advisor) before booking this trip.

Good Service, Good Food, Good Rooms, Good People, Central to shopping by walk, Lovely Pool.

Thanks people at Hyatt for making this important holiday as good as it could be and Thank you Trip advisor for pointing me in the right direction

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Bangkok
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

When I arrived at the airport there was no driver, the dirver showed up after that I phoned the hotel. The check in was very standard, no information of the hotel. I could not find the elevator to go to the room, after that I went back to the front desk they informed me that I had to walk to the end of the corridor and there was an other elevator. The room was fine, basic and clean. At night it was very difficult to sleep because I could hear that the rooms next to me went to the toilet or to the shower. F&B facilities are great, meeting facilities very basic and the meeting room was freezing cold. The participants of the meeting complained several times, but no action. I ordered a taxi in the early morning to bring me to the airport, when I arrived 15 minutes earlier at check out the receptionist told me that the driver was still not there. I told her that I wait outside for the driver. Outside there was one taxi and the driver was asking for my name, why I had to wait an other 15 minutes when the driver was there already for more than 30 minutes. I was expecting from Grand Hyatt more service, next time when I visit Singapore I will stay at an other place.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Bazrina, Electronic Marketing Manager at Grand Hyatt Singapore, responded to this review, April 20, 2010
Dear BangkokBangkok

Thank you for choosing Grand Hyatt as your residence on your recent trip to Singapore and for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. We would like to assure you that these occurrences are definitely not the standards our team aspires to achieve here at Grand Hyatt Singapore. Our team members are constantly encouraged to make every effort to exceed our guests' needs and expectations. It was most unfortunate that on this occasion, we failed to live up to our commitments. On the other hand, we are pleased on your positive comment about our F&B facilities and hope you had a memorable dining experience during your stay with us.

We certainly look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Singapore in the near future and restore your confidence in our product and services.
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010

We stayed in the Hyatt for 3 nights in February. this is a balanced review from a luxury traveller; hope it helps you.
Rooms: we stayed in a junior suite, which was lovely. Furnishings seemed quite old though and none of the rooms in the hotel have any views.
Food: buffet breakfast is excellent - huge choice, excellent service!
Location: excellent, right in the centre of all the shopping.
Pool: very nice pool with modern day beds; the water is quite cold though
Spa: I had a 2.5 hr treatment which was great; treatment rooms are very pleasant but the lobby seemed a little shabby. Service is completely inflexible though if you ask for anything out of ordinary.
Overall: I think it's one of the most expensive hotels in the city but we felt it was worth it. Will return and will recommend to anyone.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Round Rock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2010

Five stars all aroud at this fantastic business hotel situated about one block from Orchard.

Check-in: Arrived to the hotel at 1 AM and had the hotel arrange a Mercedes to pick me up at the airport...cost of $70 USD, but definatley worth not having to wait in a taxi line late at night. Arrived at the hotel and was checked in and to my room in less than five minutes. Friendly staff and warm greetings.

Room: Stayed in a deluxe room, King sized bed, modern decor. Huge bathroom. Maid service 2X daily and towels were constantly restocked. Very comfortable bed. Particularly liked the light controls mounted next to the bed as well as the overhead reading lights and night lights activated by the bed-side controlls. Large desk and work area. No problems with internet service.

Main Restaurant (Straits Kitchen): I've been all over Asia in the last 10 years and the Straits Kitchen is by far the best hotel buffet / general restaurant that I've come across. 4-5 main kitchen stations serving western, Chinese, Singaporian, and Indian food styles. They have a huge juice making station that also does a great pulled tea. Then there is a continential breakfast area as well serving fresh fruit, cereals, breads, etc. Then in the evenings they serve one AWESOME set of food at the dinner buffet. Hard to stay at this hotel and not gain 5 lbs per week.

Pool / Fitness area: The Damai pool and spa area are great. Reminds me of staying in Hawaii with the set-up, plants, and overall atomsphere. They have 2-3 cabannas and a great pool-side restaurant called Oasis Cafe which I ate at several times. They have a happy hour at the pool side bar offering 50% off drinks from 4-6 PM. The fitness center is great with 4-6 bikes, 4 eliptors and 4-5 treatmills as well as a dozen weight machine stations on top of several free weight sessions. The locker rooms have private showers, a meditation room, wet sauna, dry sauna and hot & cool pools. Hours are 6 AM to 10 PM.

Location: The location is great. The hotel sits about one block noth of Orchard Ln on Scotts Rd and about 100 yards or so from the American Club. The bus stop is right at the intersection of Orchard and Scott and for $14 SGD you can get an all-day bus pass that stops at ~20 tourist destinations on the island. Perfect for tourists or simply wanting to visit several areas of the city in one day.

In summary....I'll be back!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2010

As expected from 5-stars hotel. It's clean, luxurious and excellent quality of the room. We stayed in junior suite rooms, so I do not have complaints with the room conditions. It was superb.

The downside is the lobby and its overwhelming number of standing staffs hawking around the guests. The lobby is too spacious with no chairs to sit on. When you enter the lobby, you have the feeling of being in an office, rather than a hotel. It's good, maybe, for business people, but not for you who want some "homey" feeling.

There were hotel staffs standing around and offering guests some helps, but there were too many. I found it annoying. The staffs who were standing stared at you that you felt being spied on.

The front desk staff was friendly and very helpful. Breakfast area and its food, I think, was extravagance.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Been to Grand Hyatt Singapore? Share your experiences!