“Unexpectedly excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
San Francisco
“Unexpectedly excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

You'd never guess from the outside, or even from the lobby, how wonderful this hotel really is. We had the good fortune to stay in a 1-bedroom suite in the main building, and it was a delight (and something of a bargain). Ultra-contemporary (without being stark or cold-feeling), and with the very highest levels of housekeeping and maintenance. The staff were all very friendly and helpful, which made a great experience even better. The 'piece de resistance' was the truly excellent food served at BOTH of the main restaurants...an unexpected and very welcome bonus. Cudos to the staff and the Hyatt organization.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2009

My wife, 3 year old son and I stayed at Grand Hyatt (Scotts Rd) for 4 nights for the second time in 3 years. This hotel offers luxury comfort, great service, friendly staff and a beautiful pool (for all ages from toddlers up) and fantastic food. Nothing is too hard for the staff and management and everything is aimed at making sure guests return time and time again.

Grand Hyatt is located near the corner of Scotts and Orchard roads in the heart of the shopping area of Singapore and is a short walk away from all ameneties. With the recent opening of the ION mega mall, which is just a minute or two away through an underpass, Grand Hyatt's location is even more attractive than before.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Bangkok
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

Simply impeccable and top notch hotel in Singapore and always my residence whenever am in town. Professional staff which gives me attentive but unobtrusive service from check in till check out. Couldn't have been better. The Pressing coupon that I got along with my keycard is simply very thoughtful. Moreover I got the personal note the next day from the Resident Manager asking me to give him feedback on my staff and offering 15% discount at their award winning Mezza9. The only regret is I should have stayed longer.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Bandung
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

Among Hotel in Singapore Grand Hyatt Singapore is old, but the check in experience was very good, I welcomed by Lovely and Prety GSO, with her smile escorted me to the reception, while she doing process the check in she keep talking and inform a lot of value information.....!

Rooms was prefect, clean and excellent.......all the HK staff was friendly and always alert some of the questions which important such as newpaper delivery, turn down service etc.

Food and Beverage in M Restaurant was prefect....!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Jakarta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

My family and I visited Singapore for long weekend and stayed at Grand Hyatt Singapore for 4 days. It has been an excellence stay. The rooms, foods, ambience of the hotel are excellence. The staffs are very friendly and helpful. We have only great experience and will definitely return to this hotel for future visits.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2009

Attended a meeting held at the hotel recently. On arrival I was greeted with a friendly smile and greeting before alighting the taxi. I then realised I did not have Singapore dollars to pay the taxi (panic!) The staff me money from his own wallet to save my time and said I could pay him back later. This was a start of a fantastic stay which still leaves a warm feeling whenever I share my experience to my friends and colleagues. The check in was smooth and efficient. I stayed at the hotel last year however this time the warm service was felt in all areas of the hotel. The breakfast was unbelievable and very good value for money. The choices are endless and served fresh. At the meeting I requested for a cable to charge my IBM Thinkpad laptop and they brought this to me very quickly and I realised they have a supply of cables to fit most types of laptop which is very thoughtful and very customer focused. The restaurants and bars are always busy which is a good sign and dining at Mezza 9 for dinner was a great choice and highly recommendable. Drinks at the bar downstairs was great and the band was fantastic! The next day I dropped by the Grand Club lounge as I was kindly upgraded this visit with a colleague. They staff lounge greeted us and asked for our room numbers. We went inside for evening snacks which was complimentary and had to pass the entrance area to go to the other side for more seats however this time another staff was there and he greeted my friend by name and she came to tell me this. We sat there for awhile to discuss how he could have known as there were many people at the lounge and untill today we are impressed yet puzzled. On the day of departure I called the concierge to order a flower basket for a colleague and wanted her to get this on the same morning and preferred to see the flowers before I left. The concierge that helped me was super efficient and very patient. He made it so easy and personally collected the flowers for me to make sure I got this on time and I was very impressed! The check out was also very quick and the staff at the reception were very engaging and friendly. Thumbs up to the management of the hotel and staff as they made my stay extra special! Have sinced recommended this centrally located hotel to my friends and clients!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

Three great nights at a first class hotel. Perfect location, very nice guest rooms, welcoming club lounge, relaxing pool, good tennis court, loved the spa, good gym, plus a delicious restaurant (Straights Kitchen). We stayed at this hotel last year and were in a standard room and enjoyed it. This trip we were upgraded to a suite!

The hotel has two towers, but having stayed in both towers there doesn't seem to be a difference. I noticed in March that a new building is being built on the block between the Hyatt and the Marriott. Ask the front desk at check-in if neighboring building is still under construction to make sure you get a quiet room. Great hotel. You'll be glad you stayed.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Hyatt Singapore? Share your experiences!