“Excellence” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
Jakarta
“Excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

My family and I visited Singapore for long weekend and stayed at Grand Hyatt Singapore for 4 days. It has been an excellence stay. The rooms, foods, ambience of the hotel are excellence. The staffs are very friendly and helpful. We have only great experience and will definitely return to this hotel for future visits.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2009

Attended a meeting held at the hotel recently. On arrival I was greeted with a friendly smile and greeting before alighting the taxi. I then realised I did not have Singapore dollars to pay the taxi (panic!) The staff me money from his own wallet to save my time and said I could pay him back later. This was a start of a fantastic stay which still leaves a warm feeling whenever I share my experience to my friends and colleagues. The check in was smooth and efficient. I stayed at the hotel last year however this time the warm service was felt in all areas of the hotel. The breakfast was unbelievable and very good value for money. The choices are endless and served fresh. At the meeting I requested for a cable to charge my IBM Thinkpad laptop and they brought this to me very quickly and I realised they have a supply of cables to fit most types of laptop which is very thoughtful and very customer focused. The restaurants and bars are always busy which is a good sign and dining at Mezza 9 for dinner was a great choice and highly recommendable. Drinks at the bar downstairs was great and the band was fantastic! The next day I dropped by the Grand Club lounge as I was kindly upgraded this visit with a colleague. They staff lounge greeted us and asked for our room numbers. We went inside for evening snacks which was complimentary and had to pass the entrance area to go to the other side for more seats however this time another staff was there and he greeted my friend by name and she came to tell me this. We sat there for awhile to discuss how he could have known as there were many people at the lounge and untill today we are impressed yet puzzled. On the day of departure I called the concierge to order a flower basket for a colleague and wanted her to get this on the same morning and preferred to see the flowers before I left. The concierge that helped me was super efficient and very patient. He made it so easy and personally collected the flowers for me to make sure I got this on time and I was very impressed! The check out was also very quick and the staff at the reception were very engaging and friendly. Thumbs up to the management of the hotel and staff as they made my stay extra special! Have sinced recommended this centrally located hotel to my friends and clients!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

Three great nights at a first class hotel. Perfect location, very nice guest rooms, welcoming club lounge, relaxing pool, good tennis court, loved the spa, good gym, plus a delicious restaurant (Straights Kitchen). We stayed at this hotel last year and were in a standard room and enjoyed it. This trip we were upgraded to a suite!

The hotel has two towers, but having stayed in both towers there doesn't seem to be a difference. I noticed in March that a new building is being built on the block between the Hyatt and the Marriott. Ask the front desk at check-in if neighboring building is still under construction to make sure you get a quiet room. Great hotel. You'll be glad you stayed.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

Stayed at the GH Singapore for 2 nights in the beginning of August for holiday. Chose the hotel for its location and proximity to the shopping district. Stayed at the FS last summer which despite its location was a very nice property. The GH is like any typical GH and it reminded me very much of its sister location in Tokyo in Roppongi Hills. Stayed in a Grand Deluxe King and the size of the room was fine. Toiletries definitely need to be upgraded to a brand name. Room service was efficient, friendly, and tasty for my 3yr old. My biggest disappointment would be my dinner at the Straits Kitchen. After watching and hearing about the restaurant on No Reservations, I wanted to try this "hotelized" version of hawker cuisine. During my last visit to Singapore, the restaurant was fully booked and was not able to dine there. This time, I made sure to reserve my table early. The interior was nice and the food stations look very clean and modern. The main issue was with the food. Don't get me wrong, some of the items were delicious, but I was disappointed that they did not present Singapore's main food items. I was expecting either chili or pepper crab, but they offered crab in black bean sauce. That was a real disappointment. The popiah was wonderful, but the rojak salad could have been better. The barbecue section was nicely presented, but the roast chicken, duck, and other cuts were not as tasty. The indian food corner was probably the best area, but their roti prata was not light and fluffy, but almost as hard as the naan they offered. Malaysian corner was decent, but overall the variety was not as much as I expected. Fruit/ Dessert section was large but not that great. I did enjoy the Teh Tarik and Coconut Juice, but overall, I was not happy with my meal. I was full, but I felt that I was not satisified by what I ate and regretted my meal later on.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

All around, this is a great hotel in Singapore. Over the past 4 years, I have stayed here 6 times for business and for pleasure and everytime I leave impressed. The staff is very friendly and helpful - even the staff you pass in the hallways are always with a smile.

The pool area was completely redone last year and is now amazing. Everything from little cabanas to lounge in to metal chairs already in the shallow end of the pool. I had to drag my wife away from the pool to go out.

The location is unbeatable, right beside Orchard Road where all the best shopping is. There is also a metro stop a half block away

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

I stayed for two nights in late June with my family (boys aged 18, 16 and 11) in two club rooms and we had a wonderful time. Our rooms were connected and were very spacious and comfortable. We had access to the club level for breakfast and for happy hour drinks and snacks in the late afternoon and this was wonderful. The staff there were extremely attentive and friendly and I have rarely experienced such a level of service. My only gripe about the hotel is the revamped swimming pool. When we went to the pool it was crowded and it is built in a way that makes it difficult to swim for exercise.

However, given the hotel's excellent location and excellent staff this was overall a great experience.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Eppendorf, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2009

Very much enjoyed my stay in one of their Junior Suites. The hotel is very nicely appointed and all the usual luxury amenities are in place. The gym is quite new and well equipped. Did not try any of the F&B outlets in the hotel, as there is so much to choose from nearby. Enjoyed the band in the hotel's nightclub (BRIX), but prices down there are quite hefty (however beautiful girls are plentiful also). Particularly I was impressed by the service of staff (Grand Club Staff, Concierge, Housekeeping). One of the best Hyatts I have stayed in. My stay was using GoldPassport points, so I can't comment on value but it's probably not very cheap. Might not have stayed there if not on a business trip or (as in my case) using loyalty points.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo

Been to Grand Hyatt Singapore? Share your experiences!