We had a wonderful short stay in Singapore and a lot of that is because of our fantastic stay in the Grand Hyatt. We had interconnecting rooms that overlooked the pool and I have to say that the rooms were of a fabulous size with enormous bathrooms! I loved the fact that I could access my wardrobe from the room as well as the bathroom although that's not so great when you think you've locked yourself in the bathroom for a relaxing soak in the bath and a child then gets in through the wardrobe!! Haha! No chance of any me-time :-))
The hotel would have got five stars from me if it wasn't for the terrible state of the rooms when we arrived. There was a thick layer of dust over everything in both rooms! I told the gentleman at guest services that evening but when we came back from our day out the next day, the dust was still there. Finally, when housekeeping came for evening turndown, I managed to use sign language to show them the dust. They promptly cleaned all the surfaces but I shouldn't have to do that in a hotel of Grand Hyatt's standard.
The pool is fantastic and was well used by the family. In fact, it was difficult to get the kids out of the water! The food by the pool is also excellent and highly recommended.
One of the best things about this hotel is the enormous breakfast! We've travelled a lot and the Grand Hyatt wins our award for best hotel breakfast. The variety is amazing and the service is prompt and friendly.
In terms of location, if you're a shopper, you can't beat it! Large malls are just a short walk from the hotel. We spent two days on Sentosa and I was suprised at how reasonable the taxis were. It cost us roughly $10 and only 15 minutes to get there so you don't need to stay on the Island.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Grand Hyatt Singapore Hotel
- Singapore Grand Hyatt
- Hyatt Singapore
- Singapore Hyatt
- Hyatt Regency Singapore
- Grand Hyatt Singapore
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 5-star luxury city hotel housed in two separate towers in the entertainment & commercial district. Strategically located at the start of Orchard Road in Singapore, in the centre of the city's commercial and entertainment district, just a 30-minute drive from Singapore's Changi Airport. Unwind in one of our 677 luxury rooms and suites. Considered one of the best Singapore luxury hotel, Grand Hyatt Singapore's spacious guestrooms and suites are fitted with every modern convenience required for a comfortable stay, such as generous work desks, luxurious beds and elegant baths. Embark on a culinary adventure at several of the finest restaurants and bars at our Singapore Orchard Road hotel. Relax and fully rejuvenate at Damai, our award-winning spa and fitness centre. The in-house fitness centre features all of the latest equipment to help guests keep up with their fitness regime or enjoy a leisurely dip in the outdoor swimming pool surrounded by lush greenery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Tingo, Otel, getaroom.com and Venere so you can book your Grand Hyatt Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.