“outstanding hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
Bangalore
“outstanding hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

My company has some arrangement with this hotel and they give us top notch rooms. There was a separate study in my room and the room was very spacious. I discovered something new during this stay. I arrived at the Hotel at 9.00 AM and sometimes if the room is not ready, they do not give you the room so early. But I needed to shower and change to go to my business meeting. So I discovered that you can use the hotel spa to shower.

Very good service, the buffet breakfast was excellent

Room Tip: higher floors in the new section would be great
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I only stayed there one night but I will definitively come back. The rooms are excellent, the service perfect and I could not find anything to complain about! If you stay there I strongly suggest to have dinner at mezza9. Our dinner there was just delicious and having the chef passing by and asking if all is well is just the tip of the iceberg. I had a Standard room, and with about 42 sqm it is very large. The separate working area with a window was nice to have and the bathroom is awesome. I especially liked the separate make-up table in the bathroom which also allows you to have a direct access to the wardrobe thanks to a backside door. I had an early morning flight therefore I could not test the breakfast but my colleague who stayed one night longer said it was really good. I will definitively test it when I go back.

Room Tip: I had a new renovated room on the backside of the hotel. I have been told there are still a few not...
Sparta, NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

A quick trip to Singapore landed me at the Grand Hyatt for three nights. The property is beautiful and has everything you could want. It is a clean hotel with great restaurants, full amenities, wonderful service, and is located adjacent to the MRT in the center of the business and tourist action. I enjoyed most of my stay immensely. So why not a higher rating? On a regular basis I was frustrated by an action of the staff which was tied to money.

Simply, it seems as though they are focused on wringing out every possible penny from their guests. The examples were numerous. Ordering a glass of wine at dinner listed at $21 yielded a $29 charge. When I asked about the discrepancy I was told I had recevied a larger portion (not listed on the menu) because I was a "big guy". They then noted I finished the glass so I needed to pay for it. An awful finish to a wonderful meal.

It was suggested to me by the bell stand upon check-in to let them know when I was leaving for the airport, so I did. Upon departing I stepped into the first cab in the line. I learned that since I had "requested" a cab, I had to pay an additional $8 charge to the cabbie. On the $22 bill that is a 36% upcharge which I believe a portion is returned to the hotel. The driver did not wait, handle a bag, or get out of his car but still earned the bonus.

I had shirts cleaned and received a bill for expedited service, not the standard that was marked on the form. The hotel did correct the charge, but I had to notice the mistake and produce the original receipt first. There was a daily charge to access the internet even though the room charge with taxes and fees was $530. The list goes on.

So much is good about the property, but it is clear there is a trained strategy to maximize fees in small, unspoken increments. When challenged on these, the otherwise very helpful staff refer to the charges as "standard" or "to be expected by experienced travelers".

Net, I'll be back to Singapore but not the Grand Hyatt.

Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed at the Grand Hyatt Singapore about five times in the last 12 months. The service is consistently good. During one of my stay, the concierge even helped me arranged the delivery of a bottle of wine to the western part of Singapore. They also offered to charge my iPhone when I forgot to bring my charger. Laundry service is fast. Location is one of the best in Singapore - it is a two-minute walk from Orchard MRT Station and right in the middle of Singapore most famous shopping area. There are great local food, money changer and ATM machines at Far East Plaza which is right next to the hotel.

The rooms are slightly dated but still very nice and comfortable. I slept well. Given a choice, I will continue to stay at the Grand Hyatt whenever I am in Singapore.

alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We were very impressed with everything about this hotel from check in to check out!! It is located a 1/2 a block away from the MRT station which connects you to anywhere in Singapore. There is a Hop On Hop Off bus kiosk about a block and a half away from hotel and this venue sells tickets for all of its bus tours. This means of transportation is a wonderful way to see this city and all the sights it has to offer.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a club room as this provides you with breakfast, light meals and evening drinks.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have been there on business trip only 2 days in February. Short stay but very impressive with Grand Club staff. I walked to grand club in the evening, staff asked for my room number and welcome me. On the next morning I came to have breakfast they greeted me by name !! how surprise. Staffs at Grand Club was very friendly and provided excellent service. Unforgetable .....

Room Tip: Book a Grand Club Room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Muscat, Oman
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I was her for New Years with my wife, it was not what I expected from a Grand Hyatt. The rooms are big and spacious, but the Hotel is very worn out, it needs a revamp ASAP. Being a Hyatt regular, this hotel was way below par for my standards. Location wise it's perfect as everything is very close. The price I paid per night didn't justify the room.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Grand Hyatt Singapore? Share your experiences!