I am actually confused how to rate this hotel. Let me divide my opinion in two: what I think about the hotel and my experience when I was there.
1. The hotel. I really like it, I usually stay in Grand Hyatt Jakarta and this is the first time in Singapore and it is such an elegant hotel. The spa looked great, the swimming pool is a bit small but it is nice. The breakfast buffet was good, comfortable room, check in was smooth and overall a very nice hotel.
2. My experience. I book the hotel through my travel agent who didn't mention that the hotel was having a major renovation. We were on the 13th floor on the terrace wing and as soon as we arrived at the hotel, the reception warned us about the noise from the renovation work on the 11th and 12th floor. 9am-6pm daily except Sunday 11am-6pm.
The noise is very noisy.
I guess it is fine for the people who plan to be out the whole day, but since the hotel and the room are quite nice, we wanted to enjoy the hotel. Of course we couldn't.
So, I guess people should really realised about the renovation noise before they book this hotel. I really like this hotel, I will stay here again after they are done with the renovation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 5-star luxury city hotel housed in two separate towers in the entertainment & commercial district. Strategically located at the start of Orchard Road in Singapore, in the centre of the city's commercial and entertainment district, just a 30-minute drive from Singapore's Changi Airport. Unwind in one of our 677 luxury rooms and suites. Considered one of the best Singapore luxury hotel, Grand Hyatt Singapore's spacious guestrooms and suites are fitted with every modern convenience required for a comfortable stay, such as generous work desks, luxurious beds and elegant baths. Embark on a culinary adventure at several of the finest restaurants and bars at our Singapore Orchard Road hotel. Relax and fully rejuvenate at Damai, our award-winning spa and fitness centre. The in-house fitness centre features all of the latest equipment to help guests keep up with their fitness regime or enjoy a leisurely dip in the outdoor swimming pool surrounded by lush greenery. Grand Hyatt Singapore, mezza9, Pete's Place and StraitsKitchen were also awarded the Certificate of Excellence 2014 by Tripadvisor - making this a consecutive win for the hotel alone, since 2011. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, getaroom.com, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Grand Hyatt Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Singapore Grand Hyatt
- Hyatt Singapore
- Singapore Hyatt
- Hyatt Regency Singapore