“Wonderful Hotel - right in the middle of the city” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #31 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
“Wonderful Hotel - right in the middle of the city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

This is a great hotel. It is central to all the activities in the city and a 2 min walk to the subway. Rooms are very comfortable. Wifi was free as I am Hyatt platinum member. Just a great stay overall. Bed was very comfortable, bathroom was large (shower, tub and double sinks). Staff is very friendly and service is great.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

If you are a couple or a family, looking for that holiday feeling, then this hotel is not for you. It has a definite businessman's feel to it.

We stayed in a Club King room, which was ok in terms of comfortable but not inviting & the decor was too masculine. Lighting in the bathrooms was not sufficient for make-up application & the hair dryer was not user-friendly. Toilet was very noisy. Note to management: hard wood floors do not work in a hotel room environment!! We had noise coming at us from all directions, including bathrooms all around us (late showers & toilets constantly flushing) The constant flow of guests, late at night & early in the morning, meant that we were constantly woken up during the night. Inconsiderate people travel too, but it would be nice if management posted signage asking guests to be quiet in the hallways. The pros to staying in the club room was the complimentary internet access & the club lounge.

The hotel itself is well located for Orchard road's endless shopping malls and the MRT which is great for getting around Singapore. However, due to its location, the views from the hotel rooms are not great, and this included the Club Lounge on the 15th floor - which meant the blinds were always half closed and therefore the lounge felt a little too dark. We also felt the service was lacking somewhat, compared to other hotels of this calibre. No porter for our luggage - arrival or departure. Club lounge attendants made no effort to remember our names..we were just a "room number please', however, Vijay from the Oasis restaurant (poolside) was outstanding in his service towards us - always friendly & very attentative to our needs.

Club lounge: Great breakfast! They offer an American & Continental brekkie, and there is even an Asian option each morning. We visited the Straits restaurant for breakfast one morning, and they do a fantastic buffet, with options from all cuisines - worth a visit. Drinks & canapés in the evening are on offer from 6pm - so delicious, don't spoil your dinner. Tea & coffee are available all day.

The in-house restaurants are very high-end - worth a visit, but quite expensive (think dress code) And if you eat breakfast in the Straits restaurant, expect a couple of suits next to you loudly talking shop.

We feel this hotel was very expensive for what it was worth. We stayed during Grand Prix week, and paid an increased room rate. Overall not a bad hotel if you're on business, but we will not return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms that are pool facing are on the opposite side to Scotts Road, which may be a bit noisy.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Taipei, Taiwan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I travelled to Singapore on business in between the 24th of Oct to the 27th in 2012. Grand Hyatt there was one of the most expensive hotel comparing to Hilton, Marriott, etc. in the same level of services. However, I was a loyal Hyatt fan, plus I just had a good experience with Hyatt Shenzhen weeks ago, so I insisted at staying at the property while paying a premium at $425/SGD per night, and this does not include internet connection for another 25 SGD. Hilton at the time was at 300 SGD range.

God, did I make a mistake? Yes, a huge one. Here's what I had experienced copied from my filed complaints at Hyatt's web site. Noted, no Hyatt Sinapore management ever responed to my complaint with any kind gesture to turn around my trust and loyalty. I really think Hyatt HQ should fire these incompetent managers immediately. Honestly!!!

Please read on:

Sir or Madam,
Your property at Hyatt Singapore is totally mis-managed. It's one of the most expensive stay, and yet it is the worst quality I've ever experienced at Hyatt.
I checked in at 4PM on the 24, and I waited 30 some minutes in the room before ran out of patience. I called Baggage to request my luggage, and they have no idea where it is. It was never tagged when the bellman pick it up, so I told them there's my name tag and what it looks like. I had an appointment, and as a result of delaying, I had to rush to the appointment which added completely unnecessary stress. Needless to said, my business dinner that night was a nightmare.
In the evening time, I wanted to relax with a cold drink and I asked for ice to send up. I waited another 15 mins (I timed it this time) before I made another call to guest services. No one was answering and I let it rang for 10 times. I then called the front desk, and 10 mins later an ice bucket was sent up with a F&B person looking very angry.
My room's Do Not Disturb switch was broken, so I can't switch it on. I was interrupted numerous time while I was on calls. There's no apology when the service person leaves after I responded.
Overall, this Hyatt needs get downgraded, and revamped with a better management. It is a total waste of money, and definitely do not deserve the name of Hyatt.
I am a loyal customer to this brand, even though it is a 400 SGD + stay per night, but I insisted on booking at this property rather than Hilton or Marriott. Do I make a mistake. Yes, a HUGE one.
I am extremely dissatisfied. There's nothing being done after I complained. Several persons called me and I had to explain the lost of baggage story to every one of them. Obviously, there's no cross communication at this property. There's a short of staff, and lack of training. I can even pick up your management issue here as a seasoned business man. What is your general manager doing besides collecting his big fat ex-pat check?

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed here for four nights over the grand prix weekend the checkin process was good and we we opted to have club rooms which encluded breakfast and pre dinner drinks. The rooms were well maintained and housekeeping was very good.the location is great next to all the shopping and the MRT which was handy to get us to the grand prix. A good thing also with the club room is that you can checkout on the 20 th floor saving the hassle of lining up. There was also free wireless which was great i would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

We're staying for a night.. We book 2 grand deluxe king rooms..
The building is well maintenance.. The staff is friendly, starting when we gor off the Taxi, a GRO approach us and helping us for the check-in process.. Preparation room doesn't need a long time...

The room is really wonderful, they have a living room, the mini bar is well organized, cleanliness is perfect, the bathroom is clean and well maintain, the room amenities is great and well equipt...

The breakfast is nice.. We having breakfast in 21st floor, the continental breakfast is great..the food taste good and fresh..

Overall.. From my perspective, its worth a lot.. And really cant wait to go back and stay at the Hyatt singapore again...

• Stayed September 2012
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Right in the heart of Singapore location couldn't be better. We love this hotel. Stayed in the Terrace wing which is the new part, on the 15th floor in a club room which has king size bed. It is also the floor where the Grand Club lounge is. This is where the complimentary drinks and snacks and also breakfast is held. Even though the Grand Prix was happening at the time the staff couldn't have been better - from being greeted on arrival to checking out on our floor instead of having to go down to the lobby. We will of course stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

This is my second stay at a Grand Hyatt hotel in six months, in Melbourne and now Singapore. The staff are welcoming, polite and eager to please. The Grand King room is bright and very comfortable, spacious bathroom and with ample amenities. Housekeeping is excellent and pays attention to detail. The Grand Club Lounge service is wonderful in an intimate setting and adequate stock of beverage. I like the brightly lit corridors to the rooms, whereas most hotels tend to be dimly lit. Small things like serving a glass of iced water when the pool is already busy shows god effort in customer service.
The hotel is busy with guest traffic in the lobby but otherwise it is pleasant. Never mind that the rooms all look into nearby apartments...it is Singapore after all!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Grand Hyatt Singapore? Share your experiences!