“Very good hotel, convenient location!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Explore Singapore
Ranked #19 of 292 hotels in Singapore
Hong Kong
“Very good hotel, convenient location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

we stayed in this hotel for 5 days during our "2nd honeymoon" of this yr, Singapore has not been in our top travel destination but we still decided to go for it. To start with, all hotels in Singapore are very expensive during weekdays but cheaper in the weekends. We checked in on Thurs afternoon, check in was very smooth. We have booked an courtyard room facing the atrium of the hotel, which was not much of a problem as we were seldom in the room anyway. Location of this hotel is very good as it's just around the corner in Raffles Place where the CBD is, and this hotel is only 5 minutes of walking distance away. The room was not especially large but it's very clean and well equipped. Since Singapore is a very small country, with the convenient location of this hotel, everything was within walking distance! Breakfast was very good! A large variety of food to choose from, but i just don't understand how come all guests are to sign on the bill every morning, when the hotel should hv known the guests who checked in are breakfast inclusive or not? The Pool was also cool, it feels interesting to swim among the CBD and they serve fruits from time to time, very thoughtful! I have asked for help from the hotel to celebrate my husband's birthday and they were very kind to send us a handwrittem bday card with a complimentery bottle of wine and a very tasty chocolate cake, a very nice surprise! There is a corner in this hotel's lobby which the hotel management has post up all the old photos of this hotel, how it'd turned from a post office to a modern hotel as it is today, it very interesting too!! It's a very good hotel and i will definitely return in the future!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

1,819 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (395)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
iRELAND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

we stayed in the Fullerton for 3 nights as part of a 2 week trip aroud Malaysia and Singapore. It was without doubt the best hotel of our trip. The foyer is gorgeous and there are many drinking and eating options within the hotel. The outdoor bar was wonderful and cool at night. Drinks are expensive but the pubs in Singapore were not that much cheaper! Our room was gorgeous and we had a little balcony. Room service was excellent with robes, slippers and fruit every day. We found the staff extremely pleasant and the location of the hotel was perfect for any sightseeing. We would definitely stay here again

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

I have now stayed at The Fullerton at least 20 times in the past 5 years whilst on holiday or business in Singapore. It's fabric is highly unusal as it is a very sympathetically converted colonial post office, so both its interior and exterior are quirky and highly different from the usual city hotels. The rooms are comfortable and spacious, the various restaurants offer high class cuisine, and it has a fabulous outdoor pool with a panoramic view of Singapore, but for me what distinguishes it from all the other hotels I visit on the globe is the attitude of the staff. They always make you feel very special in their welcome and service. Nothing ever seems to be too much trouble whether it be an issue you wish to discuss with the general manager, finding a table in the Post Bar during the early evening rush, the friendly service in the spa/gym, the highly informative concierge desk, or the man to find you a taxi when you are running late for the airport. A veritable jewel in the crown for Singapore.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
London, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2010

I stayed with my new husband at the Fullerton for 3 nights as part of our honeymoon. I had previously visited Singapore whilst travelling some 8 years and remember the Fullerton back then and always said that if I did return I would want to stay there.

I wasn't disappointed at all with my stay. We were given a room overlooking the bay and it was very clean and a good size. We found all the staff that we dealt with very friendly and helpful. One negative point was that we had to use to business centre and the internet and it was very expensive.

Apart from breakfast we didn't eat at the hotel as there is so much choice in Singapore. The hotel is very conveniently located near of all the bars and restuarants of Clarke & Boat Quay with most of the bars having happy hours in the afternoon and early evenings which is a good job as alcohol isn't cheap!

One thing I would say is that when I visited Singapore 8 years I remember the Fullerton as standing out alot more. So much development has taken place around it that it does get a bit lost whch is a real shame as it's such a beautiful and iconic building. Also with the Grand prix fast approaching there was a lot of fencing and lighting being installed in front of it which again hid some of the building's charm.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Shanghai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

We had a great stay in Singapore for a long weekend at the Fullerton, right in the middle of where the new part of Singapore is starting to thrive. The Fullerton looks amazing from the outside, but the inside is just starting to look a little outdated and tired. No complaints about staff or cleanliness - all in order, but just felt like the Fullerton Bay across the road had had all the money spent on it and they were forgetting about the original!

Rooms were big enough, but try and get a view on the outside as ours looked annoyingly inside... Breakfast was good sitting outside, but the selection at breakfast was hardly exciting.

I have to say a good stay - but I was waiting to be blown away!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2010

I stayed for a few nights while attending a company meeting in this hotel. The room I had was well appointed, with good beds (a little small, the two single beds), internet, LCD tv, and all the comforts one would expect of a hotel of this stature.

What disappointed me a little was the level of service - two incidents stood out:

I arrived in a standard Singapore taxi from the airport, and I noticed the bellboys served the other arrivals who arrived in luxury limousine, while I was struggling with 3 luggages all on my own. No one offered to help, and the only help I got was to be directed to check in. I would have like to have been offered a hand,

The second incident was when I wanted to sit down to have tea with a friend at a quieter part of the Courtyard, the lobby lounge. One unhelpful waiter told me that part of the lounge was closed (there wasn't any notices or signs indicating such), and just told us to go to the restaurant. We asked if he could find us a seat at the other part that was "open", and after 10 minutes he returned to say there wasn't a seat, and that we should go to the restaurant. After much discussion, we were offered a seat outside the restaurant (we didn't want to go in since we aren't having food). I wasn't happy that the next evening, at an even later hour, when I was returning to my room, I saw that 'closed' part of the lounge was fully open with many people seated having drinks.

Otherwise, the hotel has been a really good experience. I'd say the hotel is great, you can expect the physical facilities to be nothing short of top notch, but the service is a little lacking and has room for improvement!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

The hotel is perfectly situated in the heart of Singapore at the beginning of the quai. Hotel staff is very attentive and helpful, the breakfast at the riverside is unforgettable (book a table at the waterfront in advance!).
Room service is 5*. Hotel is very clean, we will certainly return to the Fullerton.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to The Fullerton Hotel Singapore? Share your experiences!