What worked - Exterior design (used to be a general post office) so it's a white colonial style building which looks quite impressive and it's located within the CBD, minutes to the offices and pubic transport. Interior main foyer area:tastefully decorated with modern touches. High ceilings.
Cons: Room letdown. I checked in late, almost 11pm. By then, I was fairly tired and the hotel allocated a smoking room by mistake. When I called to complain (as I am a non-smoker), I waited another 20 mins before a service staff came up and apologised profusely before offering me a new room (complimentary room upgrade).
The Heritage room was fairly spacious, with a walk-in wardrobe and a large bathroom. One could enjoy fairly good views of the Spore flyer and marina boulevard.
However, after my shower and I needed to get enough rest for another long marathon of meetings for Saturday, I could hear the cars going by on the road and there was a restaurant/bar across the road which was blasting music at full blast.
I had to call the hotel concierge again to complain about the noise level and the duty manager was helpful in explaining to me that he would get the restaurant to turn down the volume of the music.
The noise continued for a while before I fell asleep.
Morning western breakfast at the Townhouse was included as part of the package. It was ok but if I had to pay S$45 for it, I would probably have given it a miss as there are other breakfast options in the area as well (unless you are staying in on weekends).
Perhaps if the breakast is a wonderful brunch restaurant akin to Norma's in New York, it might have ended my stay on a happier note.
On balance, I can't fault the cleanliness or size of the room (though one should be mindful of the short flight of steps once you open the door to your room) and they do have a few restaurants located in the hotel (like Jade, Lighthouse etc). So if you ask for a room that is away from the noisy main road and away from the Boathouse, it is probably ok as a business hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Transformed from the Fullerton Building which was built in 1928, this luxury hotel features 400 elegant rooms and suites with views of the sunlit atrium, city, river or sea. Just 25 minutes from the airport, The Fullerton is located in the financial and arts districts, minutes from the city's main shopping belt. The hotel features award-winning restaurants, the stylish Post Bar, an outdoor infinity pool, a 24-hour fitness centre and a luxury spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, EasyToBook, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Fullerton Hotel Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Singapore
- Singapore Four Seasons
- Fullerton Hotel Singapore
- The Fullerton Hotel Singapore