“Excellent place for a long stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Advance Purchase
Ranked #28 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
Sudbury, Massachusetts
“Excellent place for a long stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

I come to Singapore quite often and sometimes bring my family (2 small kids).
We have stayed at Fraser Place twice now (once for 2 months, the next time for 5 weeks). I am very impressed with the staff and apartment. Most of the staff remembered us from our prior stay (we even were able to get the same babysitter for our children) and are always very friendly/helpful.

For kids, this is a great place:
- 2 pools (one for toddler/small kids)
- outdoor and indoor play spaces
- friendly staff
- can arrange for staff to babysit for you at night (nice to know the people are taking care of the little ones)
- 2 block from UE square with a cold storage grocery and gym for kids

Frasers is right on the river and on Robertson Quay. This means you have tons of restaurants at your footsteps.

We will come back again to Singapore next year and will stay at Frasers again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2010

We have just returned from 4 nights at Fraser Place at Robertson Place and have to say it was just perfect for us. I was worried about the lack of reviews but it could not have been better.
We booked through Expedia (Agoda and others also have it listed) and it cost us $250AUD a night – much cheaper than 2 connecting hotel rooms and much more space plus a kitchen and laundry.
On arrival we were given a lovely hand written welcome card from the manager and a welcome pack full of lots of useful goodies - chocolates, water, biscuits, washing powder. We got upgraded to a 3 bedroom apartment which we did not need but it was nice to have the extra space.
We are not really into 5 star hotels – but this was certainly equally matched and of a high quality. I loved sitting on the small veranda watching all the activity below.
The location for us was fantastic – surrounded by fantastic restaurants, 5 minute walk to Clarke Quay and accessible to other areas of the city – usually cab fee was $5 to go anywhere. Good supermarket and chemist across the road.
Breakfast was provided – some feedback on that by previous posters that it could be better but I thought it was fine – how much do you want to eat? Included cereal, a couple of hot dishes – one Chinese and one English, eggs made to order, coffee etc
Someone mentioned a noisy night club - no evidence of that while we were there but you are sounded by lots of fantastic restaurants - which are not noisy – check out the Red House – great chilli crab.
Daily maid service except for Sundays who did a great job and the reception staff were really helpful.
On this trip we also stayed at Somerset Grand Cairnhill on Orchard Road on our return to Singapore before flying home – I much preferred Fraser Place – as it was better value, had more of a holiday feel and we felt welcomed by the staff.
I would definitely stay here again and recommend it

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Milwaukee WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

I stayed at Fraser Place for 6 months (May-October) 2009 and recently for March 2010. Since my travel was for work, my company picked up the cost, which is admittedly hefty. But if the bill isnt an issue, this is a great extended stay option. The finishes are very high end, and I found the staff incredibly helpful and friendly. When you arrive at 2 am from your 30 hour journey from the US, it is nice to have a compliment of food and drinks ready for you in your apartment, and soothing music playing. For a month stay or longer it is so nice to have separate ktichen and bedroom (s) and dining area. I hate having to eat dinner on my bed... The service apartments include dailiy houskeeping (except Sundays) and they even washed my dishes for me! During my 2 longer stays I was upgrade free of charge to a 3BR unit and 2 BR unit, respectively. This was so nice when I had visitors from the US in town. Others at my work stayed here as well, and Id say 2/3 of the time we were upgraded to a multi-bedroom unit (as they like to keep their 1 brs in circulation for short stays, I suppose).

My one complaint is that I stayed in 3 different rooms, and they all have the same minature sofa, not very comfortable for lounging. But the bed and linens were first rate. The location for me was perfect, the fact that there is a taxi queue downstairs was perfect, and taxis were VERY plentiful in the AM (which is key in Singapore). The great location on Robertsen Quay means yes, there is some nightlife noise to contend with, which was a bother at first, but I learned to love as 'white noise'. The nightclub another mentioned has now moved out, so its just general cheering for football matches, usually done by midnight.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
west wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2010

Fantastic well equipped appartments with anything and everything you need for a great stay. Easy access to Robertsons Quay and Clarks Quay.(Lots of bars and restaurants nearby) Lovely swimming pool and adequate breakfast.
One complaint is that there is a disco on the second floor this could be heard easily from the 4 th floor with the 'thumping' of the base music, the disco is open Tuesday - Saturday till 3AM!! This this did spoil our first night after arriving late. We had to see the manager to get moved and thanks to our compaining we had a late check out free of charge.
This would be an excellent place to stay if you are staying long term but our choice seemed limited with two small children with hotels in Singapore.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Been to Fraser Place Robertson Walk, Singapore? Share your experiences!