Being a serviced apartment style hotel, bookings are generally for 7 days or more, however we managed to find a deal for 2 nights which was perfect. Whilst not cheap, we chose to stay at Fraser Place as our travelling party consisted of 4 adults and 1 child, and felt if would be more cost effect than two hotel rooms at a similar standard.
Our three bedroom apartment was big and well-appointed with a balcony overlooking the inner hub of restaurants and the pool. This meant some noise at night, but the doors and windows were well sound-proofed. The master bedroom was BIG, with enough room for a portable cot if needed. The ensuite was huge in Singapore terms, with a separate bath and shower, opening windows, and toiletries. The other two bedrooms and second bathroom were much smaller, but comfortable and serviceable. There was also a little storeroom that you could use for bags to make more space.
The kitchen was quite well equipped with a washing machine and full-sized fridge, and the complimentary water and fruit much appreciated. A lounge suite, flat-screen TV and dining table completed the apartment.
The location was a little further from the Clarke Quay MRT station than I would have liked, but I think it's just walking in the heat that made it seem that way. In reality, it's probably only a 5-10 minute walk to the station and the numerous restaurants/bars/pubs in Clarke Quay. If you didn't want to walk, there were definitely several dining options at the bottom of the hotel and a number of 7-Elevens in the area.
We enjoyed the pool, and the separate toddler play area/pool, and breakfast is simple but plentiful. Given the number of ex-pat families staying at Fraser Place, it had a nice homely feel at times.
Having stayed at a variety of places in Singapore over the years, the points that impressed the most were the size of our apartment and the staff. It was well worth the cost for the comfort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fashioned in the style of a Mediterranean village, Fraser Place Robertson Walk evokes a delightful and vibrant ambience. It offers 164 spacious and contemporary styled residences, ranging from one-, two- and three-bedroom suites and features a comprehensive range of lifestyle amenities to fulfil the needs of today's discerning travellers. Ideally situated near the banks of the historic Singapore River, the serviced residence enjoys close proximity to the Central Business District, and easy access to the entertainment riverside corridor of Clarke Quay and Boat Quay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, AsiaRooms, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Fraser Place Robertson Walk, Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fraser Place Robertson Walk Hotel Singapore
- Fraser Place Robertson Walk, Singapore