I am writing this review from a perspective of a few months stay with small children.
Location- good location near a major grocery store and a few mins walk to the river and Clarke Quay. Approx 15 mins away from 3 major MRTS. Two bus stops nearby.
The décor and general atmosphere is Mediterranean style, furniture is slightly dated but extremely clean. I believe this is one of their older properties which hasn’t been renovated for a while. However it does have a quaint homely/ not v commercial sort of feel which is good if you stay for a period of 4-5 months.
Behind the hotel is a huge courtyard (Robertson Walk) which is a major dining destination. They frequently hold live music events/ screen sport matches at night which can get extremely noisy and can disturb kids if they are sensitive sleepers. The entrance to Fraser Place is also lined with cafes and often is a hindrance as in the evenings they take up so much space on the pavement that you are forced to take children strollers onto the road instead.
General Facilities- They run hourly shuttles to a few shopping destinations nearby including Orchard Road. Well managed and extremely convenient. Resident evenings are conducted every months- great planning and often with a theme of a local festival so you get to experience some local flavour. The other common areas like the pool, gym, outdoor childrens playground are well maintained and open 24/7.
I have never been able to use the sauna since I’ve been here – it never works. Have left messages at the front desk but no one ever gets back to me- so it may as well not be there!!
There is a small childrens playroom as well. While the idea is good, it does need to be maintained better. The carpets are shabby and dirty. Plug points are uncovered. Toy batteries aren’t replaced!! I even heard there was an accident sometime back where a loose shelf fell on a small baby’s head.
Breakfast buffet is free and on weekdays only. They have a good variety of food including one hot local dish everyday which is a great concept. Staff here are extremely friendly, remember how you like your eggs and love children- giving them special attention. However the café is inadequately staffed with mostly only two ppl running breakfast. Which means you have to wait for a long time to get your tables cleaned/ help with high chairs or even for the food to be refilled!
Housekeeping here is a major disappointment!! While service from your daily regular housekeeper is really great- friendly, remember your personalized needs and will promptly see to special requests. However the cleaning (esp dusting and the kitchen) is not in line with the standard of Fraser Place! Calling is another issue- it is impossible to get hold of housekeeping on your first call. Unless you speak to the management, 90% of the time, you have to call back 1-2 times to remind them of your request.
Rooms – furniture again is dated and almost bordering on shabby though clean. Chairs in the living area are extremely uncomfortable. Kitchen is well equipped for basic cooking and baking needs and with a microwave oven. If you have any special requests they will try to meet them as far as possible.
Overall a good place to stay. There is plenty for children to do, space to run around. While the staff is friendly and great with kids, the service is often below standard in terms of follow up, efficiency, lacks warmth (especially some of the front desk staff- often unfriendly- dont bother to greet you even).
If they were to improve their service levels, this would really be a great place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fashioned in the style of a Mediterranean village, Fraser Place Robertson Walk evokes a delightful and vibrant ambience. It offers 164 spacious and contemporary styled residences, ranging from one-, two- and three-bedroom suites and features a comprehensive range of lifestyle amenities to fulfil the needs of today's discerning travellers. Ideally situated near the banks of the historic Singapore River, the serviced residence enjoys close proximity to the Central Business District, and easy access to the entertainment riverside corridor of Clarke Quay and Boat Quay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, AsiaRooms, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Fraser Place Robertson Walk, Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fraser Place Robertson Walk Hotel Singapore
- Fraser Place Robertson Walk, Singapore