“Location, Location, Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Centennial Singapore

You added Conrad Centennial Singapore to your Saves list
Conrad Centennial Singapore
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Temasek Blvd, Singapore 038982, Singapore (Marina Bay)   |
Announcement
Get Free Wi-Fi*
Ranked #12 of 300 Hotels in Singapore
Sydney, Australia
“Location, Location, Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

The Conrad is in a great location. I stayed here for 11 days on my recent business trip to Singapore. It's a short walk to the marina that has lots of great restaurants and bars. It is also a short taxi ride to clarke quay and orchard road. The hotel staff is respectful and helpful. The door men were always super nice and helped us haul a cab when it was raining and there were no cabs in sight. I am knocking off a point for the rooms. I expected the rooms to have better/newer decor but they were older looking rooms. Otherwise everything else was perfect. I was travelling for business and my company had a special rate with them where we got free breakfast and $20/day in laundry included in our rate. The $20/day for laundry helped!! :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
CC_Sing, General Manager at Conrad Centennial Singapore, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear TravelBum27,

Thank you for staying with Conrad Centennial Singapore on your recent business trip. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed our location and were well looked after by our team, who continually strives to deliver the unique Conrad hospitality experience.

Thank you also for your feedback regarding our guestroom, which we have taken into consideration as we plan future enhancements for the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Singapore.

Heinrich Grafe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (503)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Ohio City, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I have traveled all over the world and made this first trip to Singapore to visit family there (expat Americans living in Singapore permanently). This is a beautiful hotel which gave us 2 beautiful rooms (I was traveling with my mother). We had a beautiful view of bustling, developing (lots of large construction projects) Singapore. We stayed on an Executive floor and so ate breakfast in the executive lounge. The breakfast was excellent: both American and local dishes (such as ota and oriental dumplings). The hotel supplied fresh fruit every day, a nice touch.

As a Diamond level Hilton member, I am used to nice hotels that provide strong customer service. Despite the luxorious physical accommodations, I was disappointed in the overall level of service at the Conrad Centennial. This was a top level hotel, but most of the staff appeared to be not fluent in English. Other than pleasantries, an American quickly runs into trouble no matter how polite and patient one is, when talking to the staff. For example, after buying a bouquet of fresh flowers for my mother, I walked up to a staff member with the flowers in one hand and my mother in the other hand. When I asked if it were possible to get a vase for the flowers to put them in her hotel room, the staff member became flustered and then disappeared. She returned with a stern-faced supervisor, whom I had to calm down in order to make my simple request. Eventually, the supervisor managed to accept my request and supply a vase. After 8 days in this hotel, this type of interaction eventually became an irritation.

One other situation that surprised me was that the business center closed at 11 PM. I had not brought my laptop as I was on a vacation trip, so I could not check my email when I woke up in the middle of the night (from jet lag) without having to make special arrangements with the front desk (a cumbersome and time consuming arrangement). This 11 PM deadline was particularly peculiar as the United States is about twelve hours different in time zones (i.e., when I wanted to get online during business hours in the US, I generally could not).

Also, the hotel did not have an ice machine (note that I found the weather in Singapore to be very hot), nor did they provide microwave ovens in the room.

Room Tip: The executive floors provide excellent views and a very nice breakfast, which includes both American...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ddan7777,

Thank you for your loyalty as a Hilton HHonors Diamond member, which we truly value and appreciate.

Whilst I am happy to read that you were comfortable in our guest room and enjoyed the Executive Lounge offerings, I am sorry to learn that our service did not reflect the warmth and attentiveness that the Conrad Centennial Singapore is known for. I wish to assure you that your feedback on our service has definitely been brought to the attention of the relevant departments as well as the issues you encountered to ensure that we are able to promptly act on our guests' requests and queries with confidence.

Your additional feedback regarding our Business Centre operating hours has also been noted as we plan future enhancements for the hotel. In the meantime, ice is available on request from our Housekeeping department while our Room Service team would be most willing to assist in providing a Microwave Oven service.

I sincerely hope that we will have another opportunity in the near future to deliver a better stay experience to you that truly reflects the Conrad hospitality. Thanks again for staying with us and we look forwd to welcoming you back when you are next in Singapore.

Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

I've been staying in Conrad over 20 nights a year for more than 5 years. Each time the service is fantastic. I couldn't fault them. The rooms are getting on a bit but with a good pool, nice little gym with personable staff and a killer location they've still got a strong proposition !

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Michel V,

It has been and continues to be our pleasure to be your home away from home! Your regular patronage is truly valued and all of us here at Conrad Centennial Singapore are heartened by your generous feedback on our service and facilities.

Our signature Conrad hospitality experience is something that my team tirelessly endeavours to deliver to our guests and I am pleased that this has been consistent for you for the past five years. Thank you for your feedback and as always, we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This is my second stay at Conrad Centennial Singapore, and it's just as excellent as my first stay. The hotel ground is nice and classic, room is well-sized and very comfortable, with very spacious bathroom. There's a sumptuous selection for the breakfast at Oscar's that me and husband really enjoy.

Location is a bit tricky. It's in between City Hall, Promenade, and Esplanade MRT. You can walk to either, but Conrad is not situated directly above them. You have Suntec, Milenia Walk, and Marina Square within walking distance so choice of food is abundant (my personal favorite is Gyu-Kaku in front of Conrad and a little collection of Japanese restaurants in Parco@Milenia Walk).

As business hotel, Conrad is also ideal due to its proximity to CBD. At night it's much less crowded than other area, like Orchard.

If you're a tourist and is a good walker, from Conrad you can explore the Singapore Flyer and the Marina Bay area (including the Marina Bay Sands via the Helix bridge, Merlion, and Esplanade).

All in all Conrad Centennial is a solid hotel for both business and leisure. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear pekopon,

The pleasure was ours to welcome you and your husband back and I am delighted that it was as excellent as your first stay!

We thank you for your kind compliments on our guestroom and breakfast offerings. You will be pleased to note that Conrad Centennial Singapore is only a 3 minute walk away to Promenade MRT. We hope to be able to deliver more great Conrad Centennial Singapore experiences to you whenever you visit us in the future.

Cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We were given a room with a great view towards the harbour area and the famous Singapore Merlion. There is another hotel which partially blocks the wider view, but otherwise it was a fantastic view. The room we had was well appointed with a good size bathroom. It was a nice touch to have some complimentary chocolates, and fruit in the room.

Staff were really friendly and helpful.

A good location in walking distance of the harbour and raffles area, though the roads are not pedestrian friendly.

Room Tip: Go for a room on the harbour side for a good view day and night.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear cgtree,

Thank you for your kind review of Conrad Centennial Singapore, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We really appreciate your positive feedback on your experience, from the great view from your room and good service by the team to the little touches, including the chocolates and fresh fruits. It was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Conrad was very good, but not great. The service was very good, but unfortunately the hotel is let down by the rather old fashioned decor (nearing the point of shabby in the rooms). Breakfast in the restaurant was average, however the service and treatment in the spa was excellent. Beautiful views and convenient location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
CC_Sing, General Manager at Conrad Centennial Singapore, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear goddess230,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Conrad Centennial Singapore, we very much appreciate your insights.

We are pleased that you were happy with our service, views from our guest room and our spa. We are sorry that there were some aspects of the hotel that did not meet your expectations. You will be pleased to know that we intend to upgrade our rooms and facilities in the near future. We also continue to ensure that the high standards of our breakfast quality and variety are upheld.

It was our pleasure to have you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is our third stay at the Conrad and we love it just as much as the first time. We even recognised some of the staff from our other visits.
The rooms are extremely clean and nothing is a problem for the staff here. When ever you make a request boom done with a smile :) We arrived very early in the morning before the normal check-in time and was pleasantly surprised and extremely grateful that our room was available at that time, especially after a 7 hour flight and no sleep! The staff in the business lounge are excellent and always give service with a smile. You feel that you have returned to visit friends.
The food is great with a selection at breakfast that will please everyone. A pillow menu is available should you need one. The views from the hotel on the 26 floor where we stayed are spectacular especially at night. We have once again had a wonderful stay and will return again. This is a wonderful place to stay. Thank you once again for making our stay relaxing.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple