“Great service, great location” 5 of 5 stars

You added Conrad Centennial Singapore to your Saves list
Conrad Centennial Singapore
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Temasek Blvd, Singapore 038982, Singapore   |
Special Offer
Stay 4 nights, pay for 3!
Ranked #11 of 293 Hotels in Singapore
Caracas, Venezuela
“Great service, great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

I usually prefer smaller hotels, but Conrad Centennial was amazing! Stayed here for 2 nights before flying to Indonesia. The service was superb. Mentioned we were in our honeymoon and received a little surprise every night, including a delicious chocolate cake. It is definitely and expensive hotel but we used our miles so can't really complaint about it. If you are into luxury hotels and don't mind the high prices then Conrad Centennial is a great choice in Singapore. Also the location is very good.

• Stayed May 2013
CC_Sing, General Manager at Conrad Centennial Singapore, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear mgoa,

Thank you for spending part of your honeymoon with us, it was our pleasure to delight you with our little "surprises" during your stay.

Your loyalty as a Hilton HHonors member is valuable to us and we really appreciate your kind feedback on our service and recommendation of the hotel to the Tripadvisor community. We look forward to welcoming you back, should your travels bring you back to Singapore in the future.

Heinrich Grafe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

I booked the chancellor suite after doing research on a few other hotels and knew it was good value - large space for the price. I checked -in at the lobby and was escorted upstairs as the suite had executive privileges (31st floor check-in, executive lounge use, free pressing etc) . Service was ok

The location is good as it's next to the millennia walk mall (try the 12 cupcakes cupcakes, and patisserie G macaroons), and the marina square mall (convenience shops, cineplex, stores and restaurants - try the Kuching noodles and Dian Xiao Er)

First impression when you enter the room is the large size. A separate bedroom, dining room, living room, 2 bathrooms. Good value for the price that you can't really get elsewhere in other 5 stars. The 2nd impression is that it's really a little old (say 15 years) and this is probably the only way they can compete with the new hotels. Conrad is certainly ready for a major refurbishment

The room itself had the usual amenities, and of course for a suite this size, you can 2 flat screens , and a bathroom with both the tub and shower. The flat screen in the bedroom is tiny though , and of course, old looking. You can borrow CDs (old ones) to play in the suite. You don't actually get a butler for your own use as advertised, you'll have to call housekeeping and room service like everyone else

The gym is moderately sized, and there won't be personal trainers there to provide service if you need anything. The pool is an uninspiring small rectangle, again a 15 year original design

Was at the lounge during the evening and boy was it crowded. Every table was filled and you have to wait a few minutes to get a table. Staff was harried, trying to service everyone. Quality of food was average, and though they don't allow children under 12, there was one screaming when I was there. My luck I guess. With the average experience, we decided on breakfast in the lobby at oscars. It was also underwhelming. Somehow the selection and quality can't match that of the new 5 stars these days

I must say though, there was an executive lounge staff (I think Haikel?) who was present when I checked-in , and remembered my name on the 2nd day, and his service was exemplary when I returned for late morning tea. Quite impressive

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
CC_Sing, General Manager at Conrad Centennial Singapore, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Dear bcheong,

The pleasure was ours to welcome you back to Conrad Centennial Singapore!

Your continued patronage is of great value to us and I am delighted to learn that the service extended by my team was among the highlights of your experience. Your feedback also gives us important insights on our strengths and areas for improvement. We have taken your comments regarding our room and facilities on board as we progress with the hotel's enhancement plans.

Our Butler Service is indeed available upon request for guests staying in our President Suite and we are sorry that you were not accorded this service during your stay. My team has reviewed your feedback to ensure that steps are taken to communicate the availability of this service to guests during check-in. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We have noted your points regarding the food quality in our Executive Lounge and breakfast buffet at Oscar's. Whilst we already have measures in place to ensure the usual high standards of our food offerings, the team continues to work hard to deliver great dining experiences for our guests.

Thank you for staying with us and for your review on TripAdvisor. We look forward to seeing you again and continuing to extend our Conrad hospitality experience to you in the near future.

Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stayed at the Conrad for two nights earlier this week. The hotel ticks all the boxes, but what I was really impressed about was the excellent service.

Firstly, I arrived at 7am, and thought I should try to check-in. They said to me the room I requested is not yet available, but they gave me another room to use until my room is available! (Now imagine what they'd tell you in Australia or Europe if you try to check-in this early!)

Also, They have a large experienced concierge team roaming around the lobby waiting to assist guests. In fact they are too helpful: You ask them where's the Post and Office, and they tell you give us the letter and we'll post it for you!

Finally, when I checked out I was visibly ill with a flu. The concierge who took my bag insisted on getting me a large cup of herbal tea with honey, and some muffins. They seem to care!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ahmed0709,

Thank you for your generous compliments to my team, it is rewarding for them to know that their service contributed well towards your positive experience during your brief stay with us.

All of us here at Conrad Centennial Singapore care very much for our guests' comfort and well-being, which are among our top priorities. I am happy to learn that my team took great care of you during your stay and especially upon your check-out.

It was our pleasure to be of service to you and we very much look forward to extending our warm Conrad hospitality to you once again when you are next in Singapore.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Hi, I just wanted to let any potential travellers know that this hotel does not allow you to use Facetime or Skype on their wifi service. Pretty pathetic when you are paying such a fancy price and they cant afford to let you use such basic services.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
CC_Sing, General Manager at Conrad Centennial Singapore, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Fidovari,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with the Tripadvisor community, your feedback is very much appreciated.

I am sorry to hear that you were unable to access Facetime and Skype while using our WiFi service during your stay. Please allow us to clarify that there are no restrictions in using these applications on our WiFi and we are sorry if you were miscommunicated to in any way. Unfortunately in your case, we are unable to ascertain whether this was a technical fault or otherwise. You may wish to note that as an alternative option, Skype services are available at our Business Centre at Level 5. Our Duty Manager or IT team are happy to help should any technical assistance be required.

We hope that there will be another opportunity on your next visit to Singapore to provide you a better Conrad hospitality experience. Thank you for staying with us.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Stayed at the Conrad for 1 night using Hilton HHonors pts and we were very impressed. The service was top notch as soon as we walked in. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful. I booked this room using Hilton points and was surprised when my Hilton Gold status gave me a room upgrade including free business lounge breakfast and other benefits. This is normal when I pay for a room but I didnt know it would happen for redemption bookings.
Check in was done in a few minutes and we were walked to our room by one of the front desk staff. She explained all the details of the room and answered any questions immediately. Nicely done.
The Executive Room itself was lovely. All top quality items. Separate shower and big deep bath. Hugh TV and a great view. We slept well that night!
Breakfast in the business lounge was good but not outstanding. In hindsight we should have paid for the breaky in Oscars.
We were flying out at midnight and the hotel were happy to hold our bags while we looked around Singapore. And when we came back later that day they gave us access to the gym facilities so that we could have a shower. There was even a departure lounge which was simple but not that comfortable so we left early.
The only downside was there was a lot of noise from the works at Suntec to remodel. Even at Level 17 it was noisy.
We would return for a business trip but perhaps not for a family trip.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear DWS73,

Thank you for staying with us, it is always a pleasure to welcome our loyal Hilton HHonors members to Conrad Centennial Singapore.

I am delighted that the service extended by my team contributed towards your positive experience with us. It is also good to know that you were comfortable and felt well-looked after during your brief stay with us. Your feedback regarding our Executive Lounge breakfast spread has been noted and the team is taking steps to enhance our offerings and variety. With regards to the construction noise, you will be glad to know that this will be completed by the end of June.

Thank you once again for staying with us and we look forward to once again extending our warm Conrad hospitality to you, should your travels bring you back to Singapore.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

Great location.. 10min. from an attraction in marina bay.. I can see the singapore flyer when i used an outdoor pool.. And nice city view in my room. They prepared a delicious chocolate for guest in a room.. Great service too.. And you can access free wi-fi in your room.. Comfortable large bed and clean.. And also large bath room with separate shower area and bath tub.. surrounded with a mirror Rope in a closet

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Tidatip,

Thank you for sharing your insights from your recent stay at Conrad Centennial Singapore, we are glad that you felt comfortable and well-looked after.

It is wonderful to know that our location, great city view, service and little touches like our chocolates and the view from the room contributed towards your positive experience. We looke forward to having you with us again when you are next in Singapore.

Bergen, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights last week and it happened to be my birthday. I got a knock on the door and opened to see two beautiful staffs with a b-day cake. They sang a b-day song even. It was such a pleasant surprise. The team pays detailed attention to their guests.

Very good room and facilities as you always expect from Conrad.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear eyeeagle,

Thank you for choosing to spend your birthday with Conrad Centennial Singapore. The pleasure was ours to extend our Conrad hospitality and memorable experience to you.

Every guest is important to us and all of us here are dedicated to ensuring that everyone receives the best personalised service and care that they deserve. We appreciate your positive feedback on our guest room and facilities, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Heinrich Grafe

Been to Conrad Centennial Singapore? Share your experiences!