“Good clean and comfortable hotel within walking distance of many sights” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Centennial Singapore

Save Saved
You added Conrad Centennial Singapore to your Saves list
Conrad Centennial Singapore
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Temasek Blvd, Singapore 038982, Singapore   |
Special Offer
Stay 4 nights, pay for 3!
Ranked #11 of 293 Hotels in Singapore
Eureka, California
“Good clean and comfortable hotel within walking distance of many sights”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Very nice room in a good location. Clean, comfortable with helpful staff. My only complaint was the price of the internet - very expensive - about S$30 for 24 hrs. But, the hotel, like many, is connected to a mall, which always has a starbucks - where you'll find it for free.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
CC_Sing, General Manager at Conrad Centennial Singapore, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear JanuarySkier,

Thank you for your kind review of Conrad Centennial Singapore, we are pleased to learn that you had a comfortable stay with us.

With regard to internet access, we understand the importance of this service for all our guests. You will be glad to know that in addition to paid internet access in our guest rooms, we offer complimentary WiFi access in the hotel's public areas and internet services are also available in the computer rooms at our Business Centre on level 5. Moreover, our Hilton HHonors Gold and Diamond members also benefit from complimentary WiFi internet access.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Heinrich Grafe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We booked in Conrad as it was the official hotel for the SIngapore Marathon (husband was a participant). Our first impression of the hotel that it was more for the business crowd based on reviews that we read. To my surprise they had catered to our needs very well. They prepared a baby cot for my 7month old baby and had complimentary teddy bear and a rubber ducky to entertain my 3 year old son. The room was spacious for the 4 of us. The only think I was not happy was the bed was raised too high (1m above ground). It was dangerous for my 3 year old.
The breakfast spread was good, it catered to all nationalities (western, indian, japanese).
Location was convenient. Will consider coming back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear sunwic77,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feedback from your recent stay at Conrad Centennial Singapore. We are delighted that you and your family enjoyed a wonderful stay with us.

The comfort and well-being of all our guests are among our top priorities and my team and I do our utmost to ensure that our guests, business travellers and families alike, are delivered the highest levels of Conrad hospitality experience that they deserve. It is a pleasure for us to know that you enjoyed our international breakfast buffet spread.

We have taken note of your feedback regarding the bed and will take this into consideration as we plan future enhancements for the hotel.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to being of service to you and your family again when you next return to Singapore.

Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We were booked into the Conrad Centennial for the day after a two week cruise as our flight wasn't until 11pm. From the minute we stepped into the Lobby, service was exceptional. All the Staff were only too happy to help with any queries we had and everyone was so friendly. It was clear that they were all very happy in their work and very proud of their Hotel.
The room was on the 27th floor and had a brilliant view across the Bay. It had everything one could wish for with many of the little 'extras' some Hotels tend to forget these days. The bed was out of this World and we wished that we were staying the night so that we could benefit from it.
The Hotel is well placed for restaurants and the all important shopping malls and the Raffles Hotel is well within walking distance. We will certainly try and return to this Hotel so that we can enjoy the experience for longer.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Lin E,

It is heartwarming for my team and I to know that your brief stay with us here at Conrad Centennial Singapore was a wonderful experience.

The comfort and well-being of our guests are at all times paramount and it is certainly rewarding for the team to realise that what they do everyday highlighted your experience with us. We continually seek to go beyond expectations in providing guests with the truly unique Conrad experience.

We hope that you will return in the future for a longer stay with us, it will be our pleasure to extend the exemplary service that we always seek to deliver.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed at the Conrad after I came back to Singapore from Borneo. Before I left for Borneo, I stayed at the Marina Mandarin. Compared to the Marina Mandarin, Conrad was a real haven and treat. It deserves its reputation as a 5 star hotel unlike the Marina Mandarin. Conrad had beautiful rooms which were comfortable, nice looking, new and practical. Staff spoke well and were polite and professional. Great location and highly recommended,. Nice restaurants too!

Room Tip: I stayed on the 7th floor and my friend stayed on the 8th. Both floors were great and we had a nice...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear YiiYng,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Conrad Centennial Singapore, it is always a pleasure when our guests enjoy their stays and take the time to share their experiences.

We are heartened by your generous compliments and are pleased that our guest rooms, team members and the nice view all contributed to your experience of feeling as if you were in a haven.

We are grateful for your recommendation and look forward to delighting you once again with the unique Conrad hospitality on your next stay with us.

Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

Whilst I do not "love" this hotel, I like the location a lot. So, I keep on coming back.

I did not make it to the Executive Floor this time (but 26th was just as good) but with my Diamond still got access to the Executive Lounge.

The room is big with a beautiful way over the Marina.

I ended up with three imediate housekeeping isssues: a) the light in the closet would not go off, b) the shower water handles turned in all directions and it was thus very difficult to find the right water temperature and c) I needed an extension cord because there is only one outlet close to the desk. When I came back to the room, everything had been taken care of. Thank you, that was good.

I love the big TV but whoever decided to place it where it is has not tried to watch TV from bed; very weird.

What I really did not like this time was that the rooms were made very late; any time between 2pm to 3pm, way too late for my taste.

Other than that, the bathroom is very nice and huge. The king bed is very high but also very comfortable.

I was not crazy about the food in the Executive Lounge, breakfast was OK but what folllowed in the afternoon/evening was below standard. I love the Nespresso machine in the lounge and I rather make a stop there than going to one of the nearby coffee places.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
CC_Sing, General Manager at Conrad Centennial Singapore, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear srhmmj,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Conrad Centennial Singapore, it is always a pleasure to receive valuable insights from our guests.

Your continued patronage and loyalty as a Hilton HHonors member is very much appreciated and it is good to know that you have been happy with our guest rooms and their comfort level. Whilst we sincerely apologise for the inconveniences that you encountered in your room during your recent stay, we are glad that you were satisfied with the team's prompt action on these issues.

We are also happy to know that you loved the Nespresso machine in the lounge which brought convenience during your stay.

We thank you at the same time for your kind feedback on the turndown service and food & beverage offerings which has been brought to the attention of the relevant departments for review and further action.

Please rest assured that the team continue to do their utmost to deliver the premium service and stay experience expected of a luxury hotel.

We thank you once again for your continued patronage and look forward to being of service to you again on your next visit to Singapore.

Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I usually stay at the Fullerton but our company's corporate rate was not available. Honestly, the only thing the Fullerton has on the Conrad is location (near my office) - otherwise the service was crisp, short notice laundry was done without a fuss, the pillow menu is great, and I found it catered to the business traveler extremely well. I was very happy with my stay and will likely return by choice next time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear ctwino,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Conrad Centennial Singapore, it was a pleasure to be of service to you.

It is very rewarding for my team and I to learn that the service you received during your stay, amenities such as our pillow menu and our business facilities turned us into your hotel of choice in Singapore. We are grateful for your kind feedback and as always, endeavour to deliver the exemplary Conrad hospitality experience to all our valued guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Singapore.

Lafayette, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The hotel was built 30 years ago and the dated infrastructure is showing. This morning at the fitness room, the electricity switch jumped twice and all the exercise machines all shut down. There were maybe 10 of us in the gym so it surprised me that the gym could not handle so few of us.

The room is nice and bathrooms are huge. The bed is very comfy. The only compliant I have is there is only one electrical outlet in the room. There is no outlet for my hair dryer in the bathroom ( there is only an outlet for shavers) and I could not charge my cell phone, laptop, and ipad at the same time.

It's the lacking little details that makes me disappointed. The maid left a pair of slippers by my bedside after turndown service. But the slipper is still in the bag? At Shangri-la Shanghai, the slippers are removed so I can just slip my feet into it. The food at the executive lounge during afternoon tea and cocktail hour was horrible. Tasted like something frozen and heated up via microwave. Breakfast Buffett at Oscars on the lobby level cost $39SG/pp and it sucked. It was too salty. Thank god I did not have to pay due to my diamond status. They forgot to deliver my newspaper in the morning.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Versailles79,

Thank you for your continued loyalty as a Hilton HHonors member and staying at Conrad Centennial Singapore, it was a pleasure having you with us.

Whilst we are happy to note that you were satisfied with the guest room and its comfort level, we thank you for your feedback regarding the number of electrical outlets in the room, which we will take into consideration as we plan future enhancements for the hotel. We also apologise for the service shortfalls you experienced and these, including your comments regarding the food and beverage offerings have been brought to the attention of the relevant departments.

Conrad Centennial Singapore which was officially opened in 1996 and underwent renovations in 2009, has a regular and compulsory maintenance programme which we are sorry for the inconvenience caused during your session at our Fitness Centre. However, since then, our guests have enjoyed uninterrupted workout sessions.

We truly appreciate your review which is very helpful for us as we continue working towards delivering the best personalised Conrad hospitality to all our valued guests. We hope to bring you a better Conrad experience on your next visit to Singapore

Heinrich Grafe

Been to Conrad Centennial Singapore? Share your experiences!