“Pacific promise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Pacific Hotel

You added Grand Pacific Hotel to your Saves list
Grand Pacific Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 Victoria Street, Singapore 188018, Singapore (Formerly Allson Hotel Singapore)   |
Ranked #111 of 300 Hotels in Singapore
Kent, United Kingdom
“Pacific promise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed here for two nights prior to a cruise. The room was very comfortable and the bathroom was excellent. The staff were both courteous and friendly, and more to the point verey helpful. We ate in the restaurant, two breakfastsa (excellent) and two dinners (very good and excellent value) The hotel was situated close to Raffles and only a short bus ride from the bay and Chinatown. WEould we stay herfe again? most certainly yes.

Room Tip: Be polite and ask for quiet.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

the hotel is nicely located near Raffles City.
The rooms are ok, if you get a premier room even better. At least there they provide two bottles of free water.....
Bathroom needs some improvements.
If the english of the front staff would be better too it could be a big surplus.
But overall a nice stay and will come back again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

My daughter (11 yrs) and I have stayed in Singapore 3 or 4 times before. We stay in a different hotel each time to experience the different neighbourhoods and atmosphere each visit. This year, we chose to stay at the Grand Pacific, as the very reasonable room rates, and full buffet breakfast included (at the time of our stay) were big drawcards. I must say, neither of us was disappointed! The room was clean and spacious. The swimmng pool was more than big enough for a good splash before dinner each evening. Facilities such as the washer and dryer also made the trip easier (there's nothing like having mountains of laundry to do on returning home to dispel that holiday mood!) The staff were polite, friendly and efficient-nothing was too much trouble for anyone we met. We certainly felt like part of the family after we stayed there for 10 days. The late check out was also most welcome, and was the perfect end to our trip. I would not hesitate to recommend the hotel to anyone travelling to Singapore-it's location is fantastic too. Within walking distance to Raffles, Raffles mall Bugis St markets & Bugis malls, CHIJMES, Clarke Quay and Marina Bay ( Marina Bay Sands, Gardens by the Bay, Art Science museum, Singapore Flyer etc) Jurong Bird Park, Botanic Gardens, Wild Wild Wet water park and other attractions are also easily accessible by bus, MRT or (plentiful) taxis. Great hotel-great location-great value!

Room Tip: We stayed in a Deluxe room on the 6th floor. The pool is located on the 5th floor, so maybe will ask...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I travelled with my wife in Singapore for a couple of days for her birthday. I chose the hotel because the preceding comments stated were nice overall and that I preferred a comparatively spacious one to a newly decorated one.

Upon check-in at the mid night on 20 July, there was another guest in-front enquiring about the locations of some scenic spots at the reception but the staff seemed not too helpful from her cool response. Anyway, I could have a smooth check-in without problems. The room should be spacious as compared with the generally tiny rooms in Singapore hotels. There is enough space for you to open two large luggages without difficulties. The decoration is indeed quite old but I don’t care much as long as it is clean. However, it is true from the previous comments that the water temperature is unstable.

The hotel is situated in the middle of several MRT stations which are all within 5 to 10 mins walk. I found the Bra Basha Station the nearest and then the Bugis or Cityhall Stations. I took the Bra Basha Station of the yellow line most for the transit station at Dhoby Ghaut to other lines. To the airport, I took Bugis and go straight along the green line. Though most of my visiting places fall on the purple line, the hotel location is still convenient.

On my wife’s birthday, I have bought a birthday cake with candles in Clarke Quay and took back to hotel for celebration. I called to the reception for matches or lighter in a bid to light up the candle. The reception staff told me to buy a lighter in the 7-11 around the corner as there was no lighter or matches from the hotel. The staff was impolite and cut the line before my last word. I called to the reception again and requested to talk to the manager direct for confirmation. The duty manager then illustrated to me that she was the in-charge of the hotel’s security and requested me to state the reason for a lighter again. Having repeated my reason, her answer was still “No”. I wondered if there was none anyway, why asked my reason. I tried to ask if any staff got a lighter and was kind enough to lend to me for a second, her answer was sharp and firm but again “No”. I told her that I couldn’t believe there was not a single match or lighter in the entire hotel which was named 4-star. Then I asked her the last question about how the staff could light something up in the kitchen. She was silent for a second and replied rudely that she would handle the case and I needed not to raise the voice to her. She cut the line sharply again and the lighter finally came. The most ridiculous thing in the world was that the hotel menu also provided birthday cakes but you should be prepared to get the cake with candle but without fire.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

The hotel has a great location near Orchard Rd shopping and Raffles Hotel/Chimes area. The check in staff were friendly and helpful. I very much appreciated a free early check in at 8 am after a 10 hour overnight flight. De luxe room was good value for the price - spacious and modern. My booking for the second day was for a standard room but they permitted me to stay on in the deluxe room, so I do not know what a standard room is like. Wifi only in the coffee shop is a bit of a disadvantage. Only other problem was very cold room - even with the a/c turned off the whole time the temperature in the corridor kept the room too cold.

But overall a good experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

the rooms are quite big for average hotels in singapore.. even my 2 years son still can play hide n seek n running around the room.. the hot water runs well n neat but a little bit old.. breakfast was standard but still acceptable..

I had a very good sleep while staying in this hotel, is it bcoz of the cozy bed or I might just tired after having a long day walking round n there at spore.. just cant tell.. hehhee..

they have seven eleven n steak corner next to the hotel.. n walking distance from MRT station..

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

The hotel itself is nice and appealing. The staff are nice. The hotel has it's own restaurant but we chose to eat out to try other foods and also because it was cheaper to eat elsewhere. However, for those staying in the city for business, the restaurant will be a blessing when you're too tired to venture out to eat.

The major issue for me was that the room I was in on the tenth floor had a bad odour and an odour coming from the mattress. This could possibly be due to the country's high humidity levels.

The best thing about this place was the tidy rooms and the swimming pool. The pool was so nice to relax in and cool off. Great for when you are travelling with kids.

Overall a nice place for a short stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Pacific Hotel? Share your experiences!