“Best Value Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gallery Hotel

You added Gallery Hotel to your Saves list
Gallery Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Nanson Rd, Singapore 238909, Singapore (Formerly Gallery Evason Hotel)   |
Ranked #138 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
Paris, France
“Best Value Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Me and wife traveled to Singapore on July 23 for 4N/5D . We booked hotel Gallery based on the photos provided on their websites.
We find their location as one of the best, overlooking the Singapore river. The sorrounding was so green . We find their staffs so Hospitable and well groomed. We love their restaurants and the food they serve. Their restaurants were super clean and very unique.
Recommended to all.
Seb & Mule
France

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ErnieOngHT, General Manager at Gallery Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear sebastein201,

Thank you very much for your very positive and kind comments.

As competition is just a stone throw away, we continually strive to improve our services in order to ensure that each guest that stays with us will be inspired.

We sincerely hope to be of service to you during your next stay in Singapore

Ernie Ong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Perth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Overall you get what you pay for. As most hotels in Singapore are a rarity for under $200 a night then this was pretty good value. Reservation staff were friendly, no help getting our luggage to our room. Luckily another guest showed us how to get to level 10. There are two sets of lifts.
Room was clean however mould on the ceiling was a bit off putting. I would not class this hotel as 4 star. Location was excellent.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear dust56,

It was indeed gratifying that you had enjoyed your stay. I would also like to apologize for the discolouration on the ceiling and my team has taken the necessary actions to rectify this

Hoping to have you stay with us shortly

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This hotel was adviced to me by a friend and it didn't disappoint. The staff was very friendly and helpful at all times. When we arrived well before check-in time, the friendly receptionist went out of her way to ensure we could check in early, even though not requested in advance.
In addition, the location is very good, at a 10 minute walk from Clarke Quay.
Even though the rooms arevery clean and well taken care of by the house keeping staff, they could do with a make over.
Overall, I really enjoyed my stay and would certainly consider returning here if I would visit Singapore again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear JaVerhoeven,

Thank you for your kind comments on the service of our staff and these positive comments have been passed to them.

We are in agreement with you on the rooms requiring some meaningful makeover and we are currently looking into this. However, please allow us some time as we need to enagage the appropriate professionals in order to ensure that not only the intended aesthetics are met but also that we will be able to impress all of our guests in the future.

However, we still hope that you would continue to choose Gallery Hotel as your preferred choice of accommodation in Singapore

Tokyo, Japan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

The hotel is located in Robertson Quay, in the foreigner hangout quarter. The hotel is not new, but is kept clean.
However, service at the reception was not good. It took 15 minutes to check me in (and asked whether I wanted smoking or non-smoking when that was already in the reservation) . It also took 5 minutes for the operator to connect me to another guest room.
Then once you go to your room, you have a hard time finding the room number (because it is printed on the floor in a not so conspicuous manner). After a very early flight all you want to do is get in the room and have some rest before the first meeting so you are not in the mood to solve a puzzle here.
The watch is one hour ahead which is confusing enough for those who have come from a different time zone. And at night this beaming red light makes it difficult to have a good night sleep.

I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: wouldn't recommend staying here on business
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mtsumame,

Thank you for your feedback with regards to the inconveniences that you had encountered during your check-in.

Your feedback has been used by my team to emphasize on the need for a speedy check-in process as we understand that all guests travelling to Singapore are definitely exhausted and would like to have their rest as soon as possible. We have also made the necessary rectifications to the processes and the clock already in order that such incidents would not recur.

We sincerely hope that you could give us another opportunity and we would definitely not disappoint you.

Singapore, null, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Was booking a staycation stay for my husband's birthday, book a bookend room on a saturday for one night, after booking then realise that they actually have a promotion for the executive suites. Email them, and my request for changing of booking was reply promptly and politely as well as my enquiries.

Lobby was small but clean, as we only staying for one night so there's no big bags with us, so we were fine with carrying our own bags to our room. Counter lady that serves us was very polite and quickly give us our room's key. All staffs that we pass by will give us a smile which I think its great. Restaurant manager and staffs was all smiley as well and we are attended very quickly once we reach there. Had lunch buffet, there's not really a lot of variety for the food, taste wise we felt is okay only.

The executive suites room was exactly as shown in the website. They have very comfortable bathrobes and my husband like it so much. Big, clean, comfortable bed and pillows was a plus point too. Toilet was abit small, although inside have a bath tub and a shower. The complimentary toiletries, one of it is quite dirty, I guess their housekeeping staff did not check and only replace the ones that was used. The shower drain was abit choked too causing abit of flood when showering. Other than that, we have no much issue with the room.

Overall, I would say that my experience with Gallery Hotel is very good and will consider going back again. Hopefully they would be able to maintain, or even improve the standard of hospitality I had experience during my stay, as I had seen many mixed review about their service, I guess I was really lucky during my stay I experience great hospitality.

Room Tip: Choose a non smoking room and on a non smoking floor. 5th floor was the swimming and gym. Higher l...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Xian186,

Thank you for your positive feedback in many of the areas.

We would definitely be reviewing our processes in order to become better in the areas that you have highlighted that we could have been better

We are definitely hoping to be of service to you during your next staycation

Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Booked Gallery Hotel via Agoda for Aug 14-15.

Purposely chose Bookend Club room even though it cost about 30 USD higher.

Upon arrival no one to help with luggage. This is the same experience as my friend's experience during his last stay at this property.

Had to walk in and asked for help. When I got to the room, I knew right away that this is NOT the room I paid for. Called downstairs. At first receptionist insisted that the room I got was in renovated wing. Of course she added lightly that "a while ago" which could mean many many years.

I insisted to her that I booked a room in renovated wing and this doesn't look like it. She then asked for my proof. I obviously don't have it on hand. She told me that her booking didn't indicate anything about this except for non-smoking request.

I told her to double check. Meanwhile, I went into Agoda and found out from photo that this is definitely not the room I booked.

I knew this because last time I visited my friend at Gallery Hotel and saw his 'renovated room."

The phone rang and the receptionist finally admitted that she found my booking and it was indeed for Bookend Club in renovated wing.

Was asked to wait for porter to bring key. 30 minutes wait.

Finally someone came up. Not sure how the rest of my stay will go but I doubt it's going to get better. Another BIG disappointment at the so-called 'boutique' hotel. Nowadays, the word seems more synonymous with, we can't afford to hire or train service mind staff, so we'll just call ourself boutique and fool people with some snazzy design.

No way will I return to this property. Will also ask my friend, who thankfully is a CFO at his company, to also stop choosing Gallery as option and go for either Studio M or Ibis (their other corporate hotels).

While it's great that Gallery starts to renovate its hardware, it is their software that needs fixing the most.

Room Tip: Make sure you try to get room in ronovated wing. Base on my report, you better have photo reference...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This is a really nice hotel to stay at. Beautiful, wonderful service and clean. The Best thing is that it is centrally located. The food was good too. Good restaurants were just a few steps away!! A twenty minute walk and you reach Clark Quay which is the place to be if you are a food lover!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

ErnieOngHT, General Manager at Gallery Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Lareine,

It is indeed very nice of you to give us such resounding comments which is much appreciate by my team and I.

We indeed strtive to continue to imporve our services in order to ensure that each and every guests leaves the hotel inspired and invigorated.

We definitely hope to see you again at our hotel for your next visit

Best Regards

Been to Gallery Hotel? Share your experiences!