While not situated on busy Orchard Rd., with its built in locale cost factor, this hotel's Robertson Quay site, beside the river, is relatively central for a range of activities.
True the train is not nearby, but buses are frequent and the comparatively low and metered taxi costs were appreciated. As my friend could not walk long distances we were thus able to visit parts of Singapore by taxi. For a day tour we also used the services of a driver/guide arranged competently, and at reasonable cost, through the Hotel.
Here is an average middle range hotel of the usual SE Asian 'tight', but satisfactory, room size. It was suitable for a 4 night stay, after one re-arranged the furniture to better accomodate two people needing twin beds.
Compared to some of the higher price 'brand name' hotels of prior visits, the Riverview exceeded our expectations and put into question some of the adverse comments we had read in prior reviews.
From our very first moment of arrival we received excellent attention and help at all levels.
For me at 75, and my less agile 84yr old colleague, this was greatly appreciated.
In choosing the web-site 'Executive Club offer', we got value for money, with added free in-room internet and other offerings. Complimentary breakfast was in the quiet 'open all day' Club Lounge, where drinks and savouries were offered during 'happy hours'. All that was missing was a better choice of suitable, and 'non-perishable' would be acceptable, type biscuits or 'nibbles' for other times.
There was confusion for the non-club member guests with the free internet service offered to them being at the further end of the Executive club facility. They had to pass all the ‘goodies’ on the way! Business services also appeared mixed into the Club Lounge reception.
If not on a tour or trip out we did eat in the Hotel and found all areas of good value with friendly & efficient service and reasonable in price. As we were there over the Xmas day holiday period there were additional well presented special meals and activities, with re-arrangements of dining and event areas, thus a general comment would not be appropriate.
As a swimmer I did use the pool and sauna – should have gone to the gym too!
We were not able to fully explore the various and interesting riverwalk options, but did enjoy a cruise on the river and a rickshaw ride to 'Raffles' for that necessary 'Singapore Sling' in the famous bar, sadly now cluttered up only with 'tourists' like us!
Hotel communications from booking acknowledgment to reminders of events, service feedback
and acknowledgement of same were all excellent - assuming a follow up on comments made.
We would recommend Riverview to others in terms of service, location and value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst the historic Singapore River, Riverview Hotel is a preferred and affordable 4-star hotel for Business and Leisure travellers. Conveniently located near the Central Business District (CBD) and popular local Business, Meeting, Shopping, Entertainment and Leisure Venues, you are always minutes away from where you want to go. While the hotel’s range of services and facilities, including the Executive Club Lounge, Business Centre and Swimming Pool, accommodates your business and leisure needs, you can enjoy a mesmerising panoramic view of the iconic river or city skyline from the comfort of our 476 rooms. Our specialty Restaurants offer a variety of fine International, Chinese, Japanese and Western cuisine and local favourites in buffet and a la carte styles. With Indoor or Alfresco Waterfront Dining settings, such a wide gastronomic choice will certainly satisfy your palate. For Company and Private Events and Functions, our Ballroom, which can cater for up to 350 people, and 8 Function Rooms are ideal venues for Residential/Non-Residential Seminars, Meetings, Workshops, Product Launches, Team Building, Cocktails, Wedding Banquets and Birthday Parties. Evenings are always full of activities when you stay at Riverview Hotel. You can chill out at our lounge and be entertained by a live band, or dance the night away at the award-winning night music and entertainment club, Zouk, which is only a short walk away. The hotel is also just opposite the popular Robertson Quay and near the colourful Clarke Quay, where you can enjoy a range of delightful Waterfront Dining, Entertainment and Shopping Activities along the Singapore River. So, whether you are in Singapore for Business, Meeting or a Holiday with your family and friends, you will always find a comfortable and memorable stay at Riverview Hotel along the Singapore River – the tranquillity of Waterfront Accommodation and Dining in a cosmopolitan city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com, Agoda and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Riverview Hotel Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- River View Singapore
- Singapore River View Hotel
- River View Hotel Singapore
- Riverview Hotel Singapore