I stopped at this hotel for nearly 4 weeks. It is a reasonable hotel that is looking and feeling a little bit tired now. It could do with an upgrade to freshen it up a bit.
Room size was ok, however the small desk to work on let it down. The bathroom, although clean was showing it's age with the sealant having mildew marks and the Bath having pitting marks.
The breakfast was ok with plenty of choice to suit most nationalities. I stayed away from the "British" breakfast as I did not fancy the chicken sausages. The food at dinner was ok, but was not that cheap and there was a lot of choice in the area to tempt you away from the Hotel.
They did have quite a nice trio of ladies who sang most nights and were very good,
The location was quite good, and you could stroll along the river down Robinson and Clarke quays. Lots or eating establishments to choose from.
The Pool was quite nice as was the steam room. The Hot tub was not hot and the jets were a little weak.
Staff were generally good, although getting coffee in the mornings at breakfast time was a little hit and miss. The coffee when you did get it was about the strongest I have every tasted.
Overall it was not bad, but it was not really stand out good. They did play the Premier Football matches on large screen TVs and showed most big sporting events
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst the historic Singapore River, Riverview Hotel is a preferred and affordable 4-star hotel for Business and Leisure travellers. Conveniently located near the Central Business District (CBD) and popular local Business, Meeting, Shopping, Entertainment and Leisure Venues, you are always minutes away from where you want to go. While the hotel’s range of services and facilities, including the Executive Club Lounge, Business Centre and Swimming Pool, accommodates your business and leisure needs, you can enjoy a mesmerising panoramic view of the iconic river or city skyline from the comfort of our 476 rooms. Our specialty Restaurants offer a variety of fine International, Chinese, Japanese and Western cuisine and local favourites in buffet and a la carte styles. With Indoor or Alfresco Waterfront Dining settings, such a wide gastronomic choice will certainly satisfy your palate. For Company and Private Events and Functions, our Ballroom, which can cater for up to 350 people, and 8 Function Rooms are ideal venues for Residential/Non-Residential Seminars, Meetings, Workshops, Product Launches, Team Building, Cocktails, Wedding Banquets and Birthday Parties. Evenings are always full of activities when you stay at Riverview Hotel. You can chill out at our lounge and be entertained by a live band, or dance the night away at the award-winning night music and entertainment club, Zouk, which is only a short walk away. The hotel is also just opposite the popular Robertson Quay and near the colourful Clarke Quay, where you can enjoy a range of delightful Waterfront Dining, Entertainment and Shopping Activities along the Singapore River. So, whether you are in Singapore for Business, Meeting or a Holiday with your family and friends, you will always find a comfortable and memorable stay at Riverview Hotel along the Singapore River – the tranquillity of Waterfront Accommodation and Dining in a cosmopolitan city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Venere so you can book your Riverview Hotel Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- River View Singapore
- Singapore River View Hotel
- River View Hotel Singapore
- Riverview Hotel Singapore