We stayed here twice in September, and have stayed here previously too. The main attraction for us is the excellent location; on the Singapore River, and Havelock Rd, which gives good access downtown via taxis or the splendid bus services from directly outside the hotel.
We ate breakfast at one of the small cafes on Robertson Quay opposite the hotel, a couple of minutes stroll along the river. This was cheaper and more pleasant that the somewhat soulless hotel breakfast room. Robertson Quay is thriving, with new bars and restuarants, and is a good place to spend a relaxing evening, lively but without the coachloads of tourists which seem to infest Clarke Quay.
Hotel rooms are more than adequate in terms of decor, facilities and cleanliness. This is not a uber-trendy modern hotel, it is a good standard mid-range hotel that offers good value for money if you take advantage of discounted on-line offers.
The Jade Lounge at the hotel is comfortable, the barman very efficient, but the cabaret is to be avoided at weekends, when a male singer joins the bearable female trio. Unfortunately the gentleman's talents must lie elsewhere, his appearance unfailingly led to our departure, it was painful.
The hotel has an efficient business lounge where services can be paid for separately if you're not on the business tariff. The staff is helpful and we found the internet service reasonably priced.
The only disapppointment was the lack of the swimming pool, which was being re-furbished. Our two visits in September were at opposite ends of the month, we were assured that the pool would be finished in mid-September, it wasn't, and the hotel failed to warn us. We would have went somewhere else had we known this in advance.
I'd stay here again, though the old place certainly needs sprcing up a bit. The location is everything for us, the stroll down the river is just so nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst the historic Singapore River, Riverview Hotel is a preferred and affordable 4-star hotel for Business and Leisure travellers. Conveniently located near the Central Business District (CBD) and popular local Business, Meeting, Shopping, Entertainment and Leisure Venues, you are always minutes away from where you want to go. While the hotel’s range of services and facilities, including the Executive Club Lounge, Business Centre and Swimming Pool, accommodates your business and leisure needs, you can enjoy a mesmerising panoramic view of the iconic river or city skyline from the comfort of our 476 rooms. Our specialty Restaurants offer a variety of fine International, Chinese, Japanese and Western cuisine and local favourites in buffet and a la carte styles. With Indoor or Alfresco Waterfront Dining settings, such a wide gastronomic choice will certainly satisfy your palate. For Company and Private Events and Functions, our Ballroom, which can cater for up to 350 people, and 8 Function Rooms are ideal venues for Residential/Non-Residential Seminars, Meetings, Workshops, Product Launches, Team Building, Cocktails, Wedding Banquets and Birthday Parties. Evenings are always full of activities when you stay at Riverview Hotel. You can chill out at our lounge and be entertained by a live band, or dance the night away at the award-winning night music and entertainment club, Zouk, which is only a short walk away. The hotel is also just opposite the popular Robertson Quay and near the colourful Clarke Quay, where you can enjoy a range of delightful Waterfront Dining, Entertainment and Shopping Activities along the Singapore River. So, whether you are in Singapore for Business, Meeting or a Holiday with your family and friends, you will always find a comfortable and memorable stay at Riverview Hotel along the Singapore River – the tranquillity of Waterfront Accommodation and Dining in a cosmopolitan city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Hotel.de, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Riverview Hotel Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- River View Singapore
- Singapore River View Hotel
- River View Hotel Singapore
- Riverview Hotel Singapore