I stayed in this hotel for 16 nights in Sept/Oct 2012.
The jade lounge was consistently good, excellent service and good snack menu. The evening entertainment was of suitable standard just to my personal taste
The main restaurant was good. Buffet breakfasts got a bit boring after this long but would be the same for any hotel.
The Chinese restaurant was disappointing, slightly overpriced and not clear on how buffet worked. Rice arrived after we had finished desert. Some dishes did not arrive at all. Puddings were not restocked during the evening so go early to ensure they are a range to choose from.
Good location, plenty of restaurants in walking distance.
Rooms were cleaned to a high standard daily. Would have liked a better table/work area in the room. Fridge in room and free safe.
The staff were all helpful and courteous. In particular the staff outside who oversee the taxi’s were very helpful.
When we arrived we found the hotel pool was closed for refurbishment and would remain closed for the first 10 days of our stay this was disappointing. Alternative swimming was arranged at a nearby hotel but this did not suit us. The pool opened ahead of schedule, however found this out from other guests rather than the hotel staff. When the pool reopened it was clean and very well maintained. Plenty of clean towels available at all times.
Late check out arranged with no extra charge.
Overall a good experience and would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst the historic Singapore River, Riverview Hotel is a preferred and affordable 4-star hotel for Business and Leisure travellers. Conveniently located near the Central Business District (CBD) and popular local Business, Meeting, Shopping, Entertainment and Leisure Venues, you are always minutes away from where you want to go. While the hotel’s range of services and facilities, including the Executive Club Lounge, Business Centre and Swimming Pool, accommodates your business and leisure needs, you can enjoy a mesmerising panoramic view of the iconic river or city skyline from the comfort of our 476 rooms. Our specialty Restaurants offer a variety of fine International, Chinese, Japanese and Western cuisine and local favourites in buffet and a la carte styles. With Indoor or Alfresco Waterfront Dining settings, such a wide gastronomic choice will certainly satisfy your palate. For Company and Private Events and Functions, our Ballroom, which can cater for up to 350 people, and 8 Function Rooms are ideal venues for Residential/Non-Residential Seminars, Meetings, Workshops, Product Launches, Team Building, Cocktails, Wedding Banquets and Birthday Parties. Evenings are always full of activities when you stay at Riverview Hotel. You can chill out at our lounge and be entertained by a live band, or dance the night away at the award-winning night music and entertainment club, Zouk, which is only a short walk away. The hotel is also just opposite the popular Robertson Quay and near the colourful Clarke Quay, where you can enjoy a range of delightful Waterfront Dining, Entertainment and Shopping Activities along the Singapore River. So, whether you are in Singapore for Business, Meeting or a Holiday with your family and friends, you will always find a comfortable and memorable stay at Riverview Hotel along the Singapore River – the tranquillity of Waterfront Accommodation and Dining in a cosmopolitan city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, HotelTravel.com, Hotel.de, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Riverview Hotel Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- River View Singapore
- Singapore River View Hotel
- River View Hotel Singapore
- Riverview Hotel Singapore