Stayed here during our Asia Stopover. Expensive hotel to stay in, but compared to the rest of Singapore it was very reasonably priced.
Its your standard 1980's hotel which hasn't kept up with the times so probably drops a star or two every 20 years. Rooms were small but tidy, not much in the way of a minibar. Nice pool and gym and the buffet was excellent, best we have encountered. But try and book a package that gets you free breakfast as it cost us $30 SD each for breakfast!!!! A couple of decent restaurants and bars on the premises, not great food, but good for watching sport. The English isn't fantastic on the people around the concierge so don't expect any good answers to your questions.
Location is decent for Singapore, easy to get around so it doesn't matter too much where you stay in the city. About a 20 min walk into the heart of the city and 10-15 min walk to the nearest Subway/Underground Train.
At the end of the day it's Singapore. The city is totally overpriced and come 3 days you are totally over it and it's time to move on to the rest of Asia. Hotel wise and generally wise expect to pay a bit more and you have to realise you are not going to get the bang for your buck as you would in other destinations.
And the tip of the day, if you see tons of hot chinese girls walking into a building across the road on the right which looks like a massive vegas casino, its not a casino and they are all prostitutes who don't speak english and want to find a millionaire singapore businessman!! As the cab driver said, "your'e in Singapore, Money Talks!"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst the historic Singapore River, Riverview Hotel is a preferred and affordable 4-star hotel for Business and Leisure travellers. Conveniently located near the Central Business District (CBD) and popular local Business, Meeting, Shopping, Entertainment and Leisure Venues, you are always minutes away from where you want to go. While the hotel’s range of services and facilities, including the Executive Club Lounge, Business Centre and Swimming Pool, accommodates your business and leisure needs, you can enjoy a mesmerising panoramic view of the iconic river or city skyline from the comfort of our 476 rooms. Our specialty Restaurants offer a variety of fine International, Chinese, Japanese and Western cuisine and local favourites in buffet and a la carte styles. With Indoor or Alfresco Waterfront Dining settings, such a wide gastronomic choice will certainly satisfy your palate. For Company and Private Events and Functions, our Ballroom, which can cater for up to 350 people, and 8 Function Rooms are ideal venues for Residential/Non-Residential Seminars, Meetings, Workshops, Product Launches, Team Building, Cocktails, Wedding Banquets and Birthday Parties. Evenings are always full of activities when you stay at Riverview Hotel. You can chill out at our lounge and be entertained by a live band, or dance the night away at the award-winning night music and entertainment club, Zouk, which is only a short walk away. The hotel is also just opposite the popular Robertson Quay and near the colourful Clarke Quay, where you can enjoy a range of delightful Waterfront Dining, Entertainment and Shopping Activities along the Singapore River. So, whether you are in Singapore for Business, Meeting or a Holiday with your family and friends, you will always find a comfortable and memorable stay at Riverview Hotel along the Singapore River – the tranquillity of Waterfront Accommodation and Dining in a cosmopolitan city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Agoda so you can book your Riverview Hotel Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- River View Singapore
- Singapore River View Hotel
- River View Hotel Singapore
- Riverview Hotel Singapore