“Average business hotel in major shopping area” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Orchard Hotel Singapore

You added Orchard Hotel Singapore to your Saves list
Orchard Hotel Singapore
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   442 Orchard Road, Singapore 238879, Singapore (Orchard Road)   |
Offers & Announcements
60 Days Advance Purchase
Ranked #52 of 300 Hotels in Singapore
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Paris
“Average business hotel in major shopping area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

The Orchard Hotel is located on the major shopping street in Singapore. The biggest malls are nearby and easy to reach. Good restaurants and bars are more fare away and will require a taxi trip. The rooms are small for the price but well equipped and clean. The hotel has a nice pool and fitness area. The breakfast was good but you will need some patience until you will get seated. Check-in and -out was not convenient as well - very long queues - too long after a long-haul flight.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
The_Orchard_Hotel, General Manager at Orchard Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, November 23, 2010
Management response:

Dear Alfdag, thank you very much for your comments. I am sorry to know that our Front Desk process was unsatisfactory and I have taken this up with the team. We hope to be of service to you again in the near future, Ruprecht Schmitz General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Madrid, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

I have just checked in (literally 2 hours ago) and I am EXTREMELY DISSAPOINTED with the Hotel, I will recommend my company to use a different one from now on.
- Took 30 minutes to check in. I am coming from Europe so I was hoping to get some sleep before lunch.
- Dated room, has not been renovated in a LONG time, you can even see some drink spills on the walls.
- An old spring matress is not what you expect when you pay +$200/night plus taxes.
- $20/day for the internet connection.

Paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

We stayed at the Orchard and chose the Executive Club. However due to very high occupancy we got bumped up to a bigger room in their Signature club. This was really something different. Having read some of the previous reviews, I simply cannot agree, the service was simply awesome. The girls in the club lounge were really looking after us, even though my young son was probably a bit out of place with all those business travelers. Decor of the rooms is superb too, although not a kid proof decor, but then it was not meant to be. Food in the lounge was excellent to and also the selection for the afternoon and evening cocktails. Honestly, having stayed with Hilton and Marriott in the same area previously, this club was not only comparable, but much better ( and not only for price) . Other areas were fine too, with a huge pool area a kids play room and gym (needs some touch up). All in all, we have not come across anyone who wasn't nice, although smiling is not as evident as in say Thailand or even Bali, but definitely better than my experience in Hong Kong. Anyways, I'll have to go back to Singapore for business soon and will write again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
The_Orchard_Hotel, General Manager at Orchard Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, November 22, 2010
Dear CAS03, thank you very much for your nice comments and compliments with regards to our Signature Club Executives. I have shared your feedback with the Team and we all look forward to welcome you and your family back to Singapore and Orchard Hotel, Ruprecht Schmitz General Manager
Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

In addition to upfrontly ringing me out of my dreams just 8 hours after check-in, the room feels like an unconformtable concrete hall, the bathroom is so tiny I cannot do aynthing without bumping there and there. The sewer is noisy, the little water dripping out of the shower takes forever to get warm. Furniture defintely needs an overhaul.

As other said before: The staff hardly ever smilies and further was quite helpless.

Well rooms were clean, TV is ok and the breakfast was acceptable (though you have to wait and wait for your coffee) but I will definitely never come back to this hotel. Compared to what you get the hotel rate is cheeky to say the least. How can this waiting hall style place get more than 2 stars? Well at least there was no one around doing a business trip - these guys know why.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
The_Orchard_Hotel, General Manager at Orchard Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, November 11, 2010
Management response:

DearPanic_in_Detroit, thank you very much for your feedback and please accept my sincere apologies for your unpleasant experience.

With regards to the room condition, we are currently evaluating an upgrade of our guestrooms. Maybe you could write to me and furnish me more details on your reservation so that I can see which room type is concerned. I am sorry that the service from our staff was unsatisfactory and your comments have already been shared with the staff of our departments concerned. I have also addressed the waiting time for coffee and tea in the mornings and would very much like you to give us another opportunity to showcase Orchard Hotel to you in the proper light.

North Wales
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

My wife and I with two friends stayed at the Orchard Hotel, Singapore at the end of a cruise. The hotel is located at the top (or Bottom?) of Orchard Road, but anywhere in Singapore is easy to get to. The hotel is quite comfortable, good rooms, expensive meals and adequate breakfast. I found small ants in the bathroom which I reported to reception, don't know if anything was done about it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

Accompanied my husband on his business trip! most of the time we stay here as its convenient and a lil away from the main jam at orchard in the mornings and evenings.we found it comfortable and the staff friendly! breakfast was also not so bad! though it gets boring ur there for more than 3-4 days!

Overall prettty good hotel to be in! and as the mrt is just a 10 min walk was convenient for me to go around!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

We were looking for a weekend away from home to celebrate my birthday. I booked the club room online and had a great offer. It includes access to the lounge with a great spread of breakfast and we even had free drinks in the evening.
The staff was most welcoming and made us all feel really at home. There are lots of things to do around and shopping is within easy reach. One evening we had my celebration dinner in their famous chinese restaurant Hua Ting and it was really remarkable

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Been to Orchard Hotel Singapore? Share your experiences!