“Nice hotel, Newly refurbished with friendly staffs.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Orchard Hotel Singapore

You added Orchard Hotel Singapore to your Saves list
Orchard Hotel Singapore
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   442 Orchard Road, Singapore 238879, Singapore (Orchard Road)   |
Offers & Announcements
Executive Club Deal
Ranked #54 of 301 Hotels in Singapore
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
“Nice hotel, Newly refurbished with friendly staffs.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I am writing this review, while waiting for check out time at this hotel. Coming to Singapore, I always prepare to experience small room. Similar to Japan and Korea, room at Singapore hotels are relatively smaller than Asian Cities. But, the nice point of Orchard Hotel is that their room may still be smaller than Asian Cities but comparing to other Singaporean Hotels, their rooms are slightly bigger and much better decorated and plan. I got a newly refurbished room. The lobby area is spacious the staffs are friendly and trying to accommodate us. The room is 35m2. It is small by Five Stars hotel standard (42 is average in other cities, but 32 is for Singapore. So, 35 is much better). The bed is an only downside. I asked for King Size bed. The room came with what look like a King size bed to me. Nice and big, Except it is an actually two double beds and put them under King size sheet. But the sleep quality is good. Concierge staff is very nice and polite. The room is in a good design except the door for refrigerator went missing. I learned on my check out date that the door just arrive and they asked to come and fix it for me. Toilet is nice and surprisingly spacious. Wifi is fast and the service at every department is exceptional. Elevator is a bit funny to use but once I am getting used to it. It is good. Breakfast has great variety and taste well. However, I have a little bit of upset thing here. The first day is OK. But on my second day, I came down relatively late (I accept this fact). The staffs informed me that they are closing at 10.30 (I arrived at 10.20). So, I get the food quickly and while I am start eating. There are at least 2 staffs came to remind me about the closing time. So, I dine very fast. But noticing that the table next to me consisted of 2 European clients never get told off by the hotel staffs. So, I did lost my apprentice and stop dining. Upon leaving the restaurant, I saw another Asian couples still dining and never been told off too. So, I am very disappoint about this. If I have been treated that way, the same method should be apply for another two tables. Originally, I really want to rate service at 1 out of 5. But after getting back to my room, I start to feel sorry for staffs at other departments. Staffs at receptions, room services, concierge, valet and many other departments are so nice and helpful. By rating 1 for service will be unfair to them. Comparing to other hotels (I am sorry to say this), I used to arrive late at two of starwoods properties in Asia. I never experienced such experience of being told off three times. Furthermore, I got a nice and polite treatment all the ways through. But generally, I do rate service 4 out of 5 as it is an only bad experience for that particular day and the day before was good experience. But for other clients, they may not be as generous or kind as myself. As a client of Millennium Hotels for many countries, I do appreciate Orchard Hotel Singapore and will come back and use them again. But I may think again regarding about breakfast option.

Room Tip: Run of house is good room
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This is the first hotel which I have a check-in which takes us less than 8 minutes.
We were also greeted by Ms Delilah who welcome us to the hotel and she even bought a bear for our daughter who is 14 months old.
The room is clean and comfortable. Location is right in the corner of the town and a 10 minute walk could bring you to Singapore shopping district and MRT. There is even a Play-room for kids. My daughter have fun inside the room and we do not have to worry too much as it is fully cushioned around.
Excellent customer service to the check in counter and especially to Ms Delilah.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Even after refurbishment, this hotel is a bit tired. It is well positioned, and perfectly functional, but just feels like a very average business hotel. There are so many hotels in Singapore to choose from, I cant think of any good reason to recommend this one.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Price was slightly on the high side for quite an old and under-maintained hotel. Hotel facilities were ancient. Only plus point is the location, free wifi and service. Toilets were old and special request has to be made for toothbrushes. Free parking is available.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Walk in and be impressed by the huge lobby incorporating Reception, Concierge, Restaurant, Snack Bar, Cake stand, plenty of seating and meeting areas. Service is excellent in every way - from Reception to the Laundry girl. The restaurant serves good food for both Eastern and Western tastes (including an Omelette chef). The rooms are spacious and well appointed, with free wifi, and even the lifts are impressive!
Right on Orchard Road, close to Singapore centre and shops, Bus stops outside the door, and only a short 5 minute walk to the Metro (which is exceptionally easy to use!)
All in all, just the hotel for a visit to Singapore!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Love staing in the Orchard Millenium in Singapore. Sincerely recomend it to anyone. It definetley is my home away from home when in Singapore. Amazing team - from the moment you walk through the door until check out.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

New Blaine, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Beautiful Hotel and Lobby, Bar and Restaurant. I was very impressed by the breakfast served every morning. About a 10 minute walk to the Orchard MRT station. The only reason I rated this a 4 out of 5 is the elevators, 1 was under remodel and the other ones would stop on every/every other floor for no reason. I imagine they would have this repaired by now.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Been to Orchard Hotel Singapore? Share your experiences!