“Great service and comfortable hotel room” 5 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   442 Orchard Road, Singapore 238879, Singapore   |
Special Offer
Smart Business
Ranked #61 of 293 Hotels in Singapore
“Great service and comfortable hotel room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Top Chinese restaurant which serves great good, good location with comfortable hotel room. Overall we have a very good experience with the hotel every time we stY here. We will definitely stay here everytime I come to Singapore

• Stayed October 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

As I checked in the premises, I had not a warm welcome and no one was there to greet us. I know they have checkin time at 12 noon but I was ready to pay for an extra day as my flight was early. Someone may think then why dint I book it from here thats because my agent dint say me about the checkin time. Before listening to me that I am ready to pay , one receptionist replied to me that room is not ready and she cant clean the room like a housekeeper. I mean how lame is that and rude too. And finally when she realised yhat I am ready to pay she gave me the room immediately. Felt so pissed , such receptionist shoupd be fired immediately. I later checked in at marina bay sands and I found that you should never book your stay with such hotels like orchard hotel

• Stayed October 2014
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

On arrival was happy with location of hotel. On check in I upgraded to a club room however the room I was allocated was not on the club level. I found the hotel to be average the mini bar selection was quite sparse, no spirits available. What I did consume one night was not replaced the following day. The breakfast buffet was good. I had in room dining for one night and that was good. The gym is quite small and the only Exercycle was not working at the time I used it, however small it had most equipment. Just small things like a faulty light in the bathroom and quite small selection on the in room dining menu and finish of the room I was in let it down, bathroom is old as is the fittings in the room.The hotel is very well patronized and very busy. The rooms I found quite noisy and would recommend bringing ear plugs for a good sleep.

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Michelle_Isidro, Manager at Orchard Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Kiwiflier23,

Thank you for your comments.

We are working very hard to meet the expectations of our valued guests and hearing from them is very important as it enables us to constantly review our facilities and services.

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again on your forthcoming trips to Singapore so that you can be able to see how we have used your inputs to improve our services.

Dunedin, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I had two nights here, arriving early evening to find the main lobby busting with activity. It took ten minutes to determine there was no room for me, so good news - I got an upgrade to the 14th floor; bad news - the room wasn't ready yet. I had to go out and so was given use of the hospitality room, where I left my bags. Back at 11pm and access to my bags was locked, requiring a security guy to help. But it was locked for him too! After a while, more keys and apologies I was reunited with my luggage, ensconced in my own room, and the helpful and apologetic desk staff gave me a complimentary breakfast. Nice! The hotel is walking distance to all kinds of transport and a mere stroll to the start of Orchard Road, the throbbing heart of the district. I had hoped to eat at the hotel's Cantonese restaurant Hua Ting, following good reviews on TripAdvisor, but sadly no room for one at either lunch or dinner. Made the most of the gym and pool.

Room Tip: Probably not a bad room in the place - high up gives great views.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Dear Rakhan,

We thank you for selecting Orchard Hotel Singapore as your preferred accommodation for your recent trip.

We are pleased that our services and the hotel’s centralized location have surpassed your expectations.

Once again, thank you and we look forward for your return.

India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

stayed with my wife earlier this year at the orchard hotel. this is my second stay and really enjoyed it. friendly staff -who arranged an early check in. great breakfast buffet made the stay memorable. definitely recommended.
a.george.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear ag2711,

We are extremely delighted that you have enjoyed your time with us and that our services have created an experience that is meaningful and memorable. Rest assured that we will come up with more ways on how we can ensure that you will have many more pleasurable stays.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Lakes Entrance, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at The Orchard for three nights on our way to Europe. Its a lovely hotel with great service and check in. Easy walking distance to shops and restaurants. Very quiet and good nights sleep. Staff are very helpful and nothing was any trouble. Massive choice in the restaurant for breakfast. We loved The Orchard and would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: I think that any room would be good.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Michelle_Isidro, Manager at Orchard Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear pp1979,

We are humbled to receive your fabulous review.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Penrith, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We recently stayed in his hotel. The staff were wonderful, the room had been refurbished 2 weeks prior. Everything about is hotel is perfect. For us the location was great as week were a 10 minute walk to mtr and we were minutes away from all restaurants and shops. There is a bus around the corner so location was perfect. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a short or long stay.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Diane E,

Thank you for your wonderful review. It is truly rewarding to hear that you had a great stay and that our efforts have made a lasting impression.

It is our goal to continuously go above and beyond our guests' expectations and we are delighted that our facilities and services have contributed in creating a memorable stay for you.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Guest Services Manager

Been to Orchard Hotel Singapore? Share your experiences!