“A stay that was worth every penny” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save 25% + Free Breakfast
Ranked #61 of 300 Hotels in Singapore
Sydney, Australia
“A stay that was worth every penny”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I flew to Singapore for a business trip last December 19 to 21, and was billeted at the Orchard Hotel. It was a truly delightful stay in more ways than one. For starters, the Front Office Staff was warm and pleasant, considering that it was a very busy period. And despite having to attend to a large number of guests, they were able to handle my check-in very quickly. The room was also spacious and functional, and all my requests (i.e. toiletries, towels, etc.) were provided promptly, making me feel that their guests' satisfaction was a top priority. And with its proximity to the famed Orchard Road, you really cannot ask for a better place to stay at.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
OrchardHotelSing, GSM at Orchard Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Betty B
We are honoured to receive your excellent review.
It is most satisfying to hear that you have experienced an unforgettable moments during your recent stay with us.
The ambience, the setting and the exceptional service delivered by our diligent staff certainly acts as a good entrée to the unique experience that we strive to deliver to our guests.
We look forward for your return where we will continuously commit to ensure that you will have many more pleasurable stays.

Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I stay in Orchard hotel on Christmas Day. It should be a happy occasion to celebrate Christmas. But this Hotel is a let down .The book a deluxe room and i confirm that room is the newly renovated. But when i arrived at that room, the room look dim and on the top of the ceiling , there are brown patches . Which look AWARFUL and Scary.So i call the front desk and request a chnage of room. They took half an hour to reach my room,which they told me by 10 min i will recived the Key. Anyway Slow services .
After reaching the new room, i reached out to took a cup and was about to take some water to drink, and to my surprise the cup is chipped and nearly cut my lip. It is serious matter and i really wonder what type of housekeeping this hotel is giving.Next i step into a bunch of stranded hairs on the floor .It is so disgusting .
I went down to the front desk and inform the staff on the chipped cup , and to my surprise , his reply is '' i get you a new cup'' . Is that the type of answer i get from a chipped cup that nearly cut my lip. i think they are not train in handling serious matter and just treat this as a normal issue .
So i urge you to avoid this lousy hotel with this lousy services . By the price you pay, i believe you can get a better hotel around Orchard .

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
OrchardHotelSing, GSM at Orchard Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear skyler22
We take all feedback from our guests seriously to heart and therefore we will need to investigate the matter that you have raised and will take corrective measures to resolve the situation

As such, I would like to invite you to contact me directly at gsm@orchardhotel.com.sg

I am looking forward to hearing from you

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

By far the most pleasant hotel experience in my life. The friendly hotel staff made our stay comfortable. The cleanliness of the hotel and its amenities makes it a serene place to stay. The location is also very near the famous Orchard Road where we can enjoy Singapore's shopping and dining experience. This is definitely the best stay we've had and will surely come back on our next trip!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Iamwondermommy
We thank you for selecting Orchard Hotel Singapore as your preferred accommodation for your recent trip.
We are pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you have found our services and our hotel’s centralized location have surpassed your expectations.
We certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

"it was a fantastic stay. I went there w/ my family for a vacation during school holiday. I was happy that they were able to give us a connecting room. The staff are very friendly and the restaurant in the lobby was good. Location is great"

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Cbrboy
It is fabulous to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and have found that the locality of the Orchard Hotel, a gateway to all your needs.
We look forward in welcoming you back and going that one step further to meet your individual service expectations and providing you an 'amazing' stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

I always stay in this hotel whenever i come to singapore because of the exceptionally attentive staff. The room is simple & clean. The location is good. But what makes it different are the staff who are always so helpful. For me, this is my home in singapore

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Kingedward527
Thank you for your wonderful compliments.
We are delighted that you had a fascinating and an unforgettable experience throughout your stay with us and our staff had played a significant role in delivering an exceptional service that had enhanced your journey with us.
We look forward to you your return soon

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in Orchard hotel for our anniversary. We were surprised to be greeted by ladies who congratulated us. Check in was a breeze at the executive lounge. A bottle of wine was arranged in our lovely room. Everything we asked for was given with eagerness to help. The hotel is simple but the staff makes the difference because of their friendliness and hospitality.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Worldexplorer555
Firstly we would like to thank you for your review and to congratulate you on your anniversary.
We are delighted that you have enjoyed our hospitality extended to you during your stay.
We look forward in welcoming you back and going that one step further to meet your service expectations and providing you an unforgettable stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

I travelled with families and spend 6 days at Orchard Hotel, the location is great and opposite with hard rock cafe. I got disappointed with the housekeeping due to I have 1 day they didn't clean the room, did'nt put the garbage out, no clean towel, etc. I am complained to the front desk and they help me with nice. Overall the hotel is nice.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear dhanupras
At all times in our interaction with our guests, it essential that we step back and listen to what our guests are saying to us and understand the issues that are prime importance to them.
As such your comments are important to us as it is our building block to deliver the experience that the guest is looking for in their stay with us.
Allow us to thank you again for your review.

Guest Services Manager

Been to Orchard Hotel Singapore? Share your experiences!