“Orchard Hotel Singapore.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #57 of 290 hotels in Singapore
London, United Kingdom
“Orchard Hotel Singapore.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

Clean and modern hotel. Internet will cost you S$15 per hr which you must use in one session. There are free bottles of water in your room but there are bottles that cost S$25 for two also in your room so be sure which is which. The breakfast is not bad starts from 6.30am. The food in general was good. Laundry is a complete rip off and by far the most expensive I have come across. If your there for a while there is a cheaper place in the mall oppisite the hotel.Allow two days for this service. This hotel is not for a backpacker.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
GM_OHS, General Manager at Orchard Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
Management response: DearSean C, thank you so much for your comments on your Orchard Hotel experience! We understand your concern about our pricing. We seek your kind understanding as our pricing has always been very competitive and we will definitely take another review on this issue. We hope to be able to welcome you back soon. Andrew Tan, General Manager

1,318 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Brighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011 via mobile

I would like to say I couldn't fault this hotel as we did have a lovely time on our honeymoon, but I put my Karen Millen dress in for dry cleaning as we had just arrived on the orient express & had my favourite dresses with me after a week of decadence on the train! Normally I would have waited until we got home to get it cleaned, but as we were away for a month I thought it best to get it cleaned and we were in a 4 star hotel so what could go wrong ... Right? Wrong!!

I got woken up by a local lady knocking at my door (not hotel staff) the next morning speaking to me in another language all excited & pointing at the dress! I was so tired & could not understand her so I assumed she was asking me about what the watermark was from so I nodded my head saying yes I want to get the champagne mark out of the dress! When I got it back it had a long line down the front like someone had burnt it with an iron! When I complained about this to the manager he was not interested saying that they send the dresses out to a local company and it was not their responsibility if the dress was damaged! He offered some compensation in the form of knocking the use of the business room faculities off our bill, a total of £60, but this was not even half what I had paid for this dress!!! He asked me to leave the dress with him & he would look into it, but I did not trust he would follow up on this and I wanted to see if any uk dry cleaners could remove this mark they had left! I was correct in my thinking as when I got home I could not get a reply from him at all as I emailed him quite a few times which he just ignored!

The hotel itself was lovely & location was good but their lack of professionalism tainted this leg of our honeymoon & I will never get dry cleaning done in any hotel again because of this... As no one would take ownership of their mistake!!

• Stayed July 2011
Management response: DearCloudAngel, thank you for your comments. My sincere apologies for the shortcomings and I have looked into your comments with the respective departments. In order to improve our service standards, I will be contacting you directly for more details. We hope to welcome you back to Orchard Hotel Singapore. Andrew Tan, General Manager
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

Nice location except for the entry of the same. I had stayed with my wife though the location of the hotel is very good but accessibility to hotel is a question mark and the room quality is good but the room in the corner is not appreciated. Food quality was not so good and by the time we went for breakfast the food was finished.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Management response: DearDiwakar1972, thank you very much for your comments on your Orchard Hotel experience! With regards to our breakfast food quality, I have looked into it with our Executive Chef. We hope to see you in our hotel soon. Andrew Tan, General Manager.
KL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011 via mobile

We descended upon Singapore for a girls' weekend. Needless to say, spirits were high and to some extent, expectations were riding high too. Upon arriving at the Orchard Hotel past 6pm due to a delay in our flights (and to make matters worse, a quasi turbulent flight) we were looking forward to getting to the hotel, chuck our luggage, freshen up and head out. However, we were thwarted by our rooms being not ready.

The queue at the reception area was long and from what we could gather, there were also many other irate customers whose rooms were not ready. The front desk personnel who checked us in was also unsympathetic and clearly, did not believe in service with a smile.
Having said that she did inform us that she would upgrade us to the club level with club facilities. We were then invited for the evening cocktails and was told that once our rooms were ready we would be informed.

We waited for what seemed like an eternity and finally one of the rooms was ready. At around 9pm, we were informed that the 2nd room was ready but when we got to the room, the configuration was not what we requested for. To cut a long story short, we eventually got our room at 10pm.

The stay for the rest of the weekend was pleasant. If the hotel can get their check-in procedure nailed, it would be a perfect hotel for a stay in Singapore. Location wise, it is great. The Sunday dim sum (yumcha) was fabulous. The hotel is slightly busy in the lobby but hey, we can't have it all....

• Stayed October 2011
Management response: Dearsummerskye3, thank you very much for your comments. I am sorry for the slow check in , I have reviewed the problem with the staff members and have reorganized the team accordingly. We hope to be of service to you again in the near future . Andrew Tan, General Manager
Greece, Athens
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Stayed in hotel for 3 nights, it is located in Orchard road that is the most busy shopping street in Singapore. Room was very quiet as it was not facing the road. Nice and clean with all necessary facilities. Good buffet breakfast with a variety of foods.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Management reponse: DearJerDok, thank you so much for your nice comments on your Orchard Hotel experience! I was very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here and that the facilities and services lived up to your expectations. We all hope to be of service to you again in the near future . Andrew Tan, General Manager
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

My husband and I stayed there for four nights we are 65 and 70 years old. I was impressed at the foyer it is beautiful, but my opinion changes when we got to our room. We had two single beds and the room was very squashy but clean. Staff were not in any hurry to be of assistance as we struggled with our bags. Found the a bit expensive. We would not stay there again in fact on our return trip we stayed at the Park Hotel Clark Quay which was brilliant

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Management response: Dear gingermegs52, thank you for your comments. My sincere apologies for the shortcomings and I have looked into your comments with the respective departments. We hope to welcome you back to Orchard Hotel Singapore. Andrew Tan, General Manager
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

I stayed here for a few nights on business, and it was fine for the purpose. In terms of visiting Singapore for leisure... unless you just want to hit the shops of Orchard Road, you might be better looking elsewhere, as the non-stop shopping/consumerism of Orchard can get a bit much every time you step outside the front door. However, it's still cheap to get taxis wherever else you want to go, or you can take a walk up the road to the Botanic Gardens for some peace & quiet. The buffet breakfast for the exec rooms had far less choice than would be expected for the size of hotel, and was a little disappointing. The pool area is fine if a bit characterless for cooling down after a day of humidity in SG.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Management response: DearMango212, thank you very much for your comments on your Orchard Hotel experience! With regards to the breakfast variety at our club floor, I have looked into it with our Executive Chef. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Orchard Hotel Singapore in the near future. Andrew Tan, General Manager.

Been to Orchard Hotel Singapore? Share your experiences!