I have been staying at this hotel for 3 consecutive years, every time I attended the Singapore Writers Festival (2011-2013). My first basis of choice is it's location. It is 400 meters away from Bugis MRT station. This station is on the East-West Line (Green Line) which is directly connected to Changi Airport. Once we got off the plane, head straight away to the MRT station in Changi. For any first-timer to Singapore or anyone who are not familiar with the MRT service in Singapore (which is not that complicated, anyway), the East-West line will take you directly to Bugis.
This hotel is very near the majestic Sultan Mosque. If you prefer Malay food, this place is a food haven for nasi baryani and martabak. Right in front of the hotel there's a 7-Eleven convenient store. When I checked-in, I didn't even ask for a room with breakfast, because I can find my own breakfast around this area, which are abundant!
You can also get a lot of souvenirs around the Sultan Mosque and the Malay Heritage Centre (which is also next to the mosque).
The rooms have been renovated this year. I like the new furniture concept which makes the room more spacious. There's a free wi-fi in the room, an iron plus ironing board and all the other standard amenities.
I will definitely book this hotel if I'm coming to Singapore again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Arab Street and Kampong Glam enclave, and a mere stone’s throw away from Bugis Village and Little India, Village Hotel Bugis is at the crossroads of Singapore’s Arab, Peranakan and Indian enclaves.These multicultural and multinational influences are seen in the Indian, Chinese and international cuisines at the hotel’s three dining options.Guests can explore the side streets of Kampong Glam, Bugis Village and Haji Lane, which have small boutique outlets stocked with fashion labels otherwise not found in the Singapore malls. They can also indulge in a shopping spree at the Bugis Junction and Bugis+ shopping centres. The Bugis MRT station, which is just a 5-minute walk away, connects guests to the Orchard shopping belt or the Central Business Districts of City Hall or Raffles City.Besides its location, Village Hotel Bugis' key selling point is its spacious rooms, which start from 32sqm for its entry level Superior Room to up to a generous 64sqm for its Executive Club Suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Village Hotel Bugis by Far East Hospitality reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Landmark Far East Hotel
- Golden Landmark Hotel Singapore
- Village Hotel Bugis By Far East Hospitality Singapore