“Good value at a quality hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #75 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
“Good value at a quality hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

North Americans sometimes seem to have a less than positive attitude towards the Holiday Inn brand. Perhaps that is changing as the North American locations are increasingly renovated, but it surely does not apply in Asia. The the Holiday Inn Atrium in Singapore is a quality hotel by most estimations.

It is an approx. 26 story hotel bills on the atrium model, with an open core. The rooms are very nice - large and with a comfortable bed. Wi-Fi is provided throughout the hotel. The included breakfast was excellent, encompassing both Western and Asian style breakfasts.

The Holiday Inn Atrium is not inexpensive, but very little in Singapore is. For a quality hotel in Singapore the price was very fair. I was there for two days on business and it suited my purposes very well. The potential drawback from a tourist perspective is its location, which is not convenient to shopping, although the hotel does run a free shuttle to Orchard Road, the main shopping area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, Executive Office at Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Dear T0mmyBahama
Thank you for sharing your review with us. We are happy to read that you have enjoyed all the aspects of your stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.
Kind regards,
Linda P. Executive Office"

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Stayed 18 thru 22 June 2012. Our travel agent had booked this for us, one of the stipulations being that it was within walking distance of the MRT. This is not quite true and the walk to the nearest MRT station was less than enjoyable given the 30+ degree temps and high humidity. Nevertheless, the hotel does provide complimentary shuttle bus services throughout the day and evening to/from central locations such as Clarke Quay and Orchard Road. This service was most welcome given the expense of taking taxis everywhere.

The room was very comfortable and the ensuite bath/shower to a similar standard.

We only ate breakfast in the hotel but the buffet was varied and extensive. Only wish they could make a decent cup of coffee. Always far too strong despite pleadings for a watered-down version.

The staff were all pleasant and eager to help.

The only gripe was that, whilst free internet was available in the business centre located adjacent to the lobby, connectivity in the room is at a rate of $25/day. In a country like Singapore which is world renowned for its burgeoning broadband network, we felt that it was a bit too much of a premium for what is just a utility service these days - especially for the business traveller.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Unfortunately I only got round to writing this review quite some time after my stay there, but on the other hand it is saying something that the memory stuck.
I got a hot deal for eight nights including breakfast for under EUR 100.- and so I have to view the hotel in relation to this.

My emailed request that I be given a room on a high floor was adressed during check-in, and the very nice reception lady gave me a room only two floors below the suite floor, and three below the roof, with a formidable view over Singapore.
The room, considering this is space-starved Singapore, was quite large. And also, less surprisingly but all the more pleasantly, scrupulously clean.
The king-size bed was a white plain of unblemished whote - that's the way I like it.
True - there are places on the furniture where signs of wear are visible, but this is cosmetics only - everything is in perfect working order, nothing squeaks or jams. The aircon was quiet, the doors and the corridoor carpet thick so that sleep was always undisturbed.
The bathroom followed the theme - clean and white, no spot of dirt or dust anywhere. I've certainly seen worse.
As others have written, the breakfast is really huge. Warm and cold dishes form western and eastern cuisine, fresh fruit, juices, cereals, plain yoghurt, fruit yoghurt - you name it, and the centrepiece is an egg station where the eggs are professionally cooked as per the waiting guest's instrucions. Sunny side up, half a yolk, with chili sauce and parsley? You got it.

The Atrium the hotel is named for is really a looker, both from bottom up as top down.

The only drawback, as mentioned before frequently, is that the hotel is somewhat away from he city, although I could walk into chinatown in fifteen minutes. Slightly shorter is the walk to the metro station. A bus runs just across the street from the hotel, and the hotel entertains a shuttle serviceto Orchard Road and other places several times a day. Finally, Taxis are cheap in Singapore.

Finally, there may be better hotels in Singapore but at that price I would seriously consider staying there again.

Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Stayed here about a month ago, and was very excited about the hotel specially after walking into the unusual foyer, but our excitment ended there as we were greeted by a quite serious and almost rude receptionist that seemed to just want to get us away as quick as possible. After getting to our rooms we were horrified to find a dirty toilet and bathroom area, which we called down to complain.The receptionist appoligised but it took them 2 hours for someone to come and clean it after making a second call.Breakfast was also very average and didnt seem so fresh. Definatly last time im staying in this hotel as i travel to singapore quite often and am used to a better standard.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Linda P, Executive Office at Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Dear James A

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay with us at Holiday Inn Atrium Singapore.

We have addressed the issues you had with our check-in staff and toilet / bathroom cleanliness with remedial actions in place for areas of improvement.

The inconveniences caused is much regretted. We sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future with a great experience.

SLC, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I just spent a week at the Holiday Inn Atrium for business. From discovering the best room and plan for me (per my memberships and corporate rate) to my Hotel-arraigned limo to the Airport at 3:30 in the morning, I must say it was a very pleasurable experience from soup to nuts. I corresponded with a very patient Duty Manager prior to my stay, availed myself of a very helpful concierge while there and at checkout received a bill that accurately reflected all my purchases. Room rates are clear, understandable and represent what is offered. They participate in discount points clubs and a number of special rates. Answers to my questions were prompt and honest. Before I booked, I read many reviews here and was concerned by a few comments. Some criticized the location. Well, no, it’s not on top of any particular tourist site, but cabs are cheap in available, and one can easily walk to one of Singapore’s many bust stops. I myself bought a hop-on-hop-off bus pass for twenty bucks and toured the entire city. So, I wouldn’t care where I “started”. Some complained that the hotel was constructed a while ago and is becoming a bit tired in appearance. Well, yes, it really is- but it’s cleanliness and the excellent service form the cheerful and capable staff more than makes up for it. OK, so maybe I wouldn’t honeymoon there. But, but everything I was promised I received and I had no surprises. The sheets and towels are white, clean and smell nice and the AC worked fine and was easy to adjust. As an experienced business traveler, that stuff is solid gold. Some appreciated the adjacent mall, but complained that the head and neck massage salons looked as if they might offer “more”. Well, I don’t know, but jeepers, if that’s the worst thing you can find, that itself is good news. While there, I needed to mail a package to Canada. The Atrium concierge informed me of a mail service in the mall which did a great job for me at less than I thought it would be. In fact, I did have one concern on the first night regarding my internet service, and it was handled rapidly and successfully. I used the Executive Club on the 23rd floor, and was very pleased with it. The food was fresh and very good, you can eat breakfast there and they had cocktails and an assortment of good food during a daily happy hour. Oh, and the hotel advertises a “continental breakfast” in the club, but the helpful girl there will order you anything you want. That alone represents the helpfulness and value you can expect. So, no, it’s not the newest, sexiest décor you will find- but for the price this place can’t be beat. Also, the Atrium-external glass elevators to the 26th floor, while dated, would be a real kick for children! Every day I commuted to a meeting in a new, very expensive 5 star hotel and was very pleased that I saved money and had a comfortable stay in the Atrium while getting my club points. Also, in Singapore in general tipping as rather confusing. Some places note that it has been added, other services don’t, don’t but guides say it’s not customary, so it’s hard (especially for a yank) to know what to do. However, the receipts at the Atrium clearly say it’s included. I’m struggling to point out one limitation in the place, and the only thing I can think of is that the draft Tiger beer in the bar was pricier than I would have anticipated. But, they did offer a two–for-one happy hour, so, well, you don’t get that at all hotels. And, anyway, you can always buy from the markets close-by if you want to save money. Overall, I’d highly recommend the Holiday Inn Atrium for families, business and single travelers.

Room Tip: Check out the Holiday in Clubs and Points. Look for group and company discounts. Move as high up a...
Dear Rudy100
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed all the aspects of your stay so much.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.
Salisbury, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

This hotel is fine. Singapore is fine. The weather is fine. Everything in this mini-state is fine and that's why it does so well for business and travellers alike. The hotel does a good job with a relatively old property and the staff are very helpful and the service; "Holiday Inn efficient". I travel here regularly and the advantage of this hotel is that its slightly out of the main tourist part of town so it suits me for business. If you want to be right on the shopping strips or down in the new Marina Bay quarter this hotel might be a little far to walk to the MRT line (I walk but I do love walking!). Overall it's perfectly pleasant and, like Singapore, there's absolutely nothing to complain about. Just leave your gum at home ;-)

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Great Location only two minutes to the river, less than $5.00 by taxi to Orchard Road.
Staff are fabulous, the conveinence store under the hotel is open til 2am. Rooms are good and facilities excelllent, try the rooftop pool.

Room Tip: Ask for an available upgrade higher up for the views
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Linda P, at Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Dear Travelthew0rld79
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.
Linda P. Executive Office

Been to Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium? Share your experiences!