Hotels in Singapore is very expensive and during exhibition, it's even worse. We booked 2 rooms for 3 nights via Booking.com and we paid about SGD200/room/night (incl. service charge and GST) which inclusive of breakfast.
The room is bigger than average hotel room at similar room rate. There's no view from the room, other than windows of the opposite buildings. There's no WiFi in the room, but I have no problem connecting to the free internet via LAN network cable. During booking, we requested rooms with twin bed and our request was fulfilled. Upon check in, we asked if we could have connecting room, and again we were given one. The room looks a little worn out, but it's clean. All towers were clean and odorless. Other reviewers had complained about the noise from the construction in front of the hotel, but since our rooms were at the behind, we were not bothered by the noise, in fact we hardly hear any noise, even when we were having breakfast in the restaurant.
Breakfast was good. Although there were not many choices, but the quality was acceptable. We didn't encountered any cold food (other than food that's supposed to be cold) as experienced by other reviewers.
The location is what I like most about this hotel. Bras Basah MRT is just 2 minutes walk away. And next to the hotel, there's a food court with many choices, a fast food restaurant - Wendy's and a 7-Eleven Convenient Store. This hotel even offers free parking since we were driving down from Malaysia. We were there to attend an exhibition in Marina Sand Bay, so location is very important to us. And during booking, we couldn't find any other hotels offering better rate than this hotel, at this location.
I'd recommend this hotel to budget conscious travelers and I would definitely stay here again, as long as the rate is competitive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary Fifteen-story Hotel located 4 km from train station & 22 km from airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Bayview Hotel Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- City Bayview Hotel Singapore
- Singapore City Bayview Hotel
- City Bayview Singapore
- Bayview Singapore
- Bayview Hotel Singapore