I stayed here for a month for business travel. General feeling is that it is decent room, nice swiming pool. But you feel the receptions are not warm and are not active enough. Most of time, customer may standing there waiting, while they are busy chatting without even noticing.
If you stay shortly, it s okay, less chance to have disasters. If you stay for long, think twice.
A few disasters:
1) When I just checked in the room from hot outside, I took off my clothes and ready to shower. Then the cleaning lady just enterred without any notice!!! I was screeming!!! The cleaning lady appologize afterwards and she just wanted to bring in the towel. But why these werent done before client checked in? Why not always knock the door instead of assuming no one is in?
2) The special deal between my company and the hotel is any stay will enjoy 2 pieices of laundry. When I needed to check out during my staying for 4 days holiday, I had laundry charge on my bill! The reception took a long time to check with sales and laundry department how to settle this. And the most strange thing is, at 2330, the receiption called me to say the bill was a mistake, and the laudry is included. But that was 2330! Does the reception know your customer is sleeping now, and can the reception call next morning?
3) When I checked in again after my holiday, I was told I ll be in executive room. (They know i am staying their with my husband) But when we checked in, we found it s a room with two seperate beds! When I called, the reception said, we ll change you into double bed tmr. Why they didnt tell me in advance?
4) That room was very smelly, so I went to reception to ask why is that. The tall indian man with very light hair told me, " we dont know why, but we will send someone to spray." It was 2200 and I waited for someone to sprat till 2330! One one showed up! and no one answered the call at recepation, finally someone called, apologized and told me the house keeping is off work. Why this indian guy didnt tell me before then???
Of course the hotel find out I wasnt happy and when they changed the room the next day, they have tried their best to keep the air fresh.
I seriously think the passion level of the staff is low (esp reception), which results in little care to the guests. If the service level doesnt improve. I will definitely not choose to stay here, even it s close to my office and MRT.
Thank to James - He is the only one I see in the hotel who can smile and help me to solve the problems.
- Also Known As:
- Singapore Amara Hotel
- Amara Hotel Singapore
- Amara Singapore Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amara Singapore is conveniently located within a few minutes' walk to Tanjong Pagar MRT station, in the heart of Central Business District. This business hotel is a short stroll to the quaint historical Chinatown and just minutes away from Singapore's new integrated resorts at Marina Bay and Sentosa Island. Singapore's famed Orchard Road shopping district is easily accessible within 10 minutes. The hotel's 392 rooms are designed in a minimalist concept complemented by facilities to pamper both business and leisure guests. Our column-free Grand Ballroom with a 500 auditorium seating capacity as well as four function rooms can be customized for events of all scales, from banquets and corporate events to meetings and exhibitions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Fastbooking, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your Amara Singapore Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.