Spent 4 nights in Singapore with my husband and had an amazing time!
This hotel is nicely located in the shopping Mecca of Singapore. As soon as you walk out the of the lobby, you arrive into the hustle and bustle of shoppers and commuters alike. The hotel is also one block away from the world famous Ion shopping mall. Another good thing is that it is extremely close to the MRT station, as well as underground air-conditioned access tunnels, so you can actually walk to places underground with out getting a heat stroke!
Apart from being well located, the hotel was clean and modern. The mini bar was complimentary, and many thanks to the person who thought of putting a Nespresso Espresso maker into the rooms!
The breakfast buffett was HUGE,,,but even so after two days or so it got old. I would recommend going to the food court at the basement of the Ion instead. That was the best place to try REAL Singaporean food..it was a delicious fusion of the some of the best Asian cuisine I've had. It practically had everything from Dunkin Donuts to live Sri Lankin crabs. And it was much cheaper than the breakfast buffet.
One down side was that alot of the rooms in this hotel were facing a wall, with no view at all. It was alittle depressing opening the curtains every morning and to face nothing but brick. We asked to change rooms after our second night and ended up facing small alley instead...better than nothing I guess.
When we arrived, the hotel was going through construction. However I really was not bothered by the nose and didn't mind it. I thought this hotel was an exceptionally good deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Plaza on Scotts is a deluxe Singapore hotel offering free WIFI and high-speed wired Internet to cater to your business needs. The rooms are also equipped with free Nespresso gourmet coffee, minibars that are replenished daily and free local calls. Delight yourself with meals at award-wining buffet restaurant, Carousel and end your night at A.T.O.S with sweet homemade concoctions, accompanied by flavourful, Asian influenced tapas. Enjoy exclusive access to 24 hour facilities such as the Internet Lounge and the gym. Our excellent location in Orchard Road means that we are steps away from iconic shopping malls such as ION Orchard, Paragon and Takashimaya and a 10-minutes' drive to the main business and financial institutions like Marina Bay, Shenton Way and Suntec towers. Upcoming events in Singapore: Christmas on a Great Street at Orchard Road Singapore Countdown to 2015 at Marina Bay (15 minutes' drive) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Otel, getaroom.com, Odigeo, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Fastbooking and Tingo so you can book your Royal Plaza on Scotts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Plaza On Scotts Hotel Singapore
- Royal Plaza On Scotts Singapore