I found this deal from online travel site which is unbeatable. The hotel room is nice, higher floor recommended otherwise you will be facing parking lot just outside the window. rooms is nice, adequate room size and bathroom offer nice shower but no tub for my room. wireless internet is fast in the room and also at the lobby and pool. you do need to sign on with the hotel again once you device is log off.
24 hrs Gym and pool are nice. the buffet resturant is one of the best back in 2009 and 2010, I had the dinner and breakfast buffet. But for the price I don't think the breakfast is worth it since there aren't really that much choice that justify SG$33. Dinner buffet is ok but really in the high price range of SG$89. If you love shell seafood then they do have a lot of them for you. crab legs, lobster, scallops, clam and shrimp (unpeeled)
The only thing I think to complete the hotel is offer convenient shop and one more resturant. the business computer room has 3 pc + 2 mac with laser printer. Which I think is conveient, the espresso machine in the computer room is also nice to have.
I recommend to walk across street to the Far East Plaza, they offer good local food in basement and top floor. I don't think you can go wrong with any resturant there as most of them have many people eating there. You can get a rice dish and noodles for SG$4 - 6. Try the Kayan toast for breakfast in the basement.
The only problem I found is from the MRT to get back to the hotel. I surprise a developed country in SG with the lack of information to get to hotels and some places. If you know your way it takes about 15 min walk to the hotel, but if you get lost inside the shopping mall which can take an hour to find your way. Don't afraid to ask for location as most people are friendly there.
Orchard station offers a lot of nice high end shopping, but I found that the price are higher than other country like Hong Kong.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Plaza On Scotts Hotel Singapore
- Royal Plaza On Scotts Singapore
- Royal Plaza Scotts
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Plaza on Scotts is a deluxe Singapore hotel offering free high-speed wired Internet and WIFI to cater to your business needs. The rooms are also equipped with free Nespresso gourmet coffee, minibars that are replenished daily and free local calls. Delight yourself with meals at award-wining buffet restaurant, Carousel and exclusive access to 24 hour facilities such as the Internet Lounge and the gym. Our excellent location in Orchard Road means that we are steps away from iconic shopping malls such as ION Orchard, Paragon and Takashimaya and a 10-minutes' drive to the main business and financial institutions like Marina Bay, Shenton Way and Suntec towers. Upcoming events in Singapore: International Furniture Fair at Singapore Expo (20 minutes' drive) Food & Hotel Asia (FHA) at Singapore Expo (20 minutes' drive) CommunicAsia at Marina Bay Sands Singapore (10 minutes' drive) Formula 1 Singapore Grand Prix at Marina Bay Street Circuit (8 minutes' drive) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Otel, Fastbooking, EasyToBook, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your Royal Plaza on Scotts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.