I booked RPS on the basis that it had received many good reviews and also because there was a deal on WOTIF. We had previously stayed at Mandarin Oriental the 2 nights before, so moving to RPS was a little bit of a shock. The lobby was chaotic - everyone was talking in extremely loud voices, the staff weren't as well-dressed, and I just found it rather annoying how many of the guests would use the lobby for their catching up session. Many times, we have walked down to the lobby only to find the equivalent of a marketplace going on there.
The room was very ordinary - we booked the Deluxe room. The bathroom was also very ordinary. Nice enough but there was no WOW factor. However, the free wi-fi was a VERY nice touch as even Mandarin Oriental did not offer this service free of charge. Also, there was a Nespresso machine in our room AND the mini-bar was complimentary (one of the staff came up and explained this to us). I think it was these small touches that ultimately saved RPS and made the hotel memorable.
The location was fantastic - it was brilliant to be able to walk straight home after a long day out shopping on Orchard Road.
But other than that, I doubt we would come back and stay at RPS when in Singapore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Plaza on Scotts is a deluxe Singapore hotel offering free WIFI and high-speed wired Internet to cater to your business needs. The rooms are also equipped with free Nespresso gourmet coffee, minibars that are replenished daily and free local calls. Delight yourself with meals at award-wining buffet restaurant, Carousel or try out our delicious Artisan cupcakes by Gourmet Carousel. Enjoy exclusive access to 24 hour facilities such as the Internet Lounge and the gym. Our excellent location in Orchard Road means that we are steps away from iconic shopping malls such as ION Orchard, Paragon and Takashimaya and a 10-minutes' drive to the main business and financial institutions like Marina Bay, Shenton Way and Suntec towers. Upcoming events in Singapore: Christmas on a Great Street at Orchard Road Singapore Countdown to 2015 at Marina Bay (15 minutes' drive) Chinese New Year Celebrations at Chinatown (10 minutes' drive) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Ctrip TA, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Fastbooking and Tingo so you can book your Royal Plaza on Scotts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Plaza On Scotts Hotel Singapore
- Royal Plaza On Scotts Singapore